Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolex and other watches as a form of investment diversification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would also like to add.. being in the SG-ROC forum, a watch which holds its value pretty well (NOTE : HOLD in my terms means it don't depreciate exponentially / extremely fast) is definitely a Rolex Sports series.. esp Daytona...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
    - GMT II
    - GMT IIc TT
    - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
    - Master Eight Days (1608420)
    - U1
    - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

• yup, buy what u like, watch is a hobby. not a tool for making money for most of us.

Comment

• Rolex, as a form of investment diversification?

Some have made this argument. Yes, and No.

Yes, if you buy the right models. No if you buy models like the new Milgauss - now the basic ones are only 7k or thereabouts. Deepsea is the next one to "punchek" (puncture).

Daytona still relatively stable, and so is the Ceramic GMTII whose price has stabilised again bec of short supply.

Comment

• What do you think is the right model to invest in now?

SubLV?

Comment

• You are right

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
            What do you think is the right model to invest in now?

SubLV?
            LV and 16520

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn View Post
              Some have made this argument. Yes, and No.

Yes, if you buy the right models. No if you buy models like the new Milgauss - now the basic ones are only 7k or thereabouts. Deepsea is the next one to "punchek" (puncture).

Daytona still relatively stable, and so is the Ceramic GMTII whose price has stabilised again bec of short supply.

bro u confirm Ceramic gmtII price stabilies? i got 2 sets gmt2 and i think the new gmt2c look so similar that y i put it up for sale. u think i make the right choice?

Comment

• That's what I heard from a dealer who is quite well plugged into the market

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                bro u confirm Ceramic gmtII price stabilies? i got 2 sets gmt2 and i think the new gmt2c look so similar that y i put it up for sale. u think i make the right choice?
                he said the Ceramic dropped for a while but recently price came back a bit because of short supply - to around 10k SGD. Also there were people who were looking for these, so demand came back a little

you heard a different situation?

Comment

• what about SD? thinking of getting 1 frm AD, being offered $9k, worth considering?

Comment

• bro very ex. don buy, here so many bro selling and price is much cheaper. my bro go japan today. he got internet connection, he will email me all rolex watch prices, i will try to see if got good deal or not? haha

Comment

• Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                      bro very ex. don buy, here so many bro selling and price is much cheaper. my bro go japan today. he got internet connection, he will email me all rolex watch prices, i will try to see if got good deal or not? haha
                      tht's great. you can pm me on the price, maybe interested in a few model. tks..

those SD posted here (but couple of months ago, some BNIB, some worn) ranged frm $7.8k to $8.4k. given a choice, i will rather get direct frm AD if it's couple of hundreds of $ (or 10%) more. pls dont hammer me
                      maybe able to gt frm AD at less thn $9k?

Comment

• Originally posted by sunzhi View Post

those SD posted here (but couple of months ago, some BNIB, some worn) ranged frm $7.8k to $8.4k. given a choice, i will rather get direct frm AD if it's couple of hundreds of $ (or 10%) more. pls dont hammer me
                        no lah, price at 7 to max 7.2k can get liao. but is pewowned but according to sellers very good condi. i just sold off mine and even though i posted at 7.7k u think ppl bought at that price? u search carefully, now got many Bro selling SD here with very good prices, can buy sure cheaper then AD. my bro also dono can bring back hw many watches? haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                          he said the Ceramic dropped for a while but recently price came back a bit because of short supply - to around 10k SGD. Also there were people who were looking for these, so demand came back a little

you heard a different situation?

i know about rolex abit but i really dono any dealer, so i ask your opinion. i posted my gmt2c for sale and many interested buyers sms and told me my watch not in demand, so i worry

Comment

• Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                            no lah, price at 7 to max 7.2k can get liao. but is pewowned but according to sellers very good condi. i just sold off mine and even though i posted at 7.7k u think ppl bought at that price? u search carefully, now got many Bro selling SD here with very good prices, can buy sure cheaper then AD. my bro also dono can bring back hw many watches? haha.
                            i am looking for BNIB. in fact had inquired one seller whether he is willing to consider lower price, was told not in a hurry to sell. so...

anyway, tks for the info.

Comment

• Hi Bro, I used to feel the same way about buying from ADs

Originally posted by sunzhi View Post

but my view has changed since 3 years ago after got overcharged twice. Some ADs really think we are "carrot heads". It's ok to buy from reputable grey dealers, so long as papers properly stamped and marked. And the dealer must have good reputation lah.

I walked into one AD just last week, and asked about a Deepsea they had. The salesman tried to bull**** me about how price is very stiff at 17k and very hard to find, but we all know the Deepsea is already appearing at shops and dealers are asking for 14.5k to 14.9k.

After trying to bull**** me on price, the guy went on to bull**** me on how he just sold the last piece, and that "he can try for me" if I really want one. Alamak, very poor conmen skill lah. But makes me feel the fella is really very dishonest. :-)

Anyway, a BNIB SD around late 7k or at 8k flat should be ok to buy I think. But 9k is ridiculous!
                              Last edited by Reborn; 19-10-08, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• I think there is some demand currently

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                                i know about rolex abit but i really dono any dealer, so i ask your opinion. i posted my gmt2c for sale and many interested buyers sms and told me my watch not in demand, so i worry

goodluck on the sale!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X