Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rolex and other watches as a form of investment diversification?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    Both are different watches. One is a vintage while the other is a popular cosmograph. If have choice, I want BOTH
    want both. however, better form of investment can consider blue chips shares
    Last edited by triton; 20-12-07, 06:55 PM.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      want both. however, better form of investment can consider blue chips shares
      Tough to make a choice lah. Be really can only choose one, I will choose the Red sub
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        Tough to make a choice lah. Be really can only choose one, I will choose the Red sub
        But servicing would be a problem sometimes...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

just wanna check..which has a better resale value currently? Explorer II or SD??thks.
          Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
            just wanna check..which has a better resale value currently? Explorer II or SD??thks.
            Both not as good as Sub date for sure. SD, which retails more than Exp II seems to have a bit higher resale value as compared to the Exp II

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              But servicing would be a problem sometimes...
              Sure. But talk about investment, the appreciation of Red Sub these days rises exponentially and it's extremely rare. So if for investment purposes, though watches are the exactly the best form of investments, I'ld prefer the red sub.

Comment

hahaha... reading this forum, i find it very interesting. seems like most of us here have similar "symptoms". recently was shopping at marina sq and walked past a married couple. at tat point, we were all walking past a watch shop. think its a new watch outlet, at the escalator leading to the food court. the shop sells german/russian watches. guess wat the wife did and said to the husband?

When the guy turned his head to look at the shop, the woman pulled him away and said, "enough already hor, stop looking at watches... you hv bought enough liao.." (hahaha...)

My wife looked at me and smiled threateningly. Think she had the same words in her mind at tat time.

Really ho-chio man..
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

it's never a form of investment for me...i treat it as an indulgence and a form of "forced savings" (cos i'm never sure where my $$ go to). i hate to sell the pieces unless in dire straits......touch wood!!

have you guys ever calculate like what % of your monthly pay (assuming you divide the cost of your total yearly watch purchases by 12) you spend on watches? Next time just justify this to the "ministers" using this....imagine how much (%) they spent on cosmetics/shoes and bags... do a comparison, there's a likelihood they spend more than us. Next time, smile at them wickedly and shoo them away when they want to buy a pair of shoes or LV bag.

cheers

james
                  I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                  A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                  Audemars Piguet ROO
                  Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                  De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                  Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                  Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                  Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                  IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                  Panerai 270
                  Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                  Rolex 116610LV
                  Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

LV bag just ma..... i also like haha
                    the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
                    visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

• Watch Investment

I think last 2 to 3 week, I read in newpaper that one of the good investments now is buying watches. Anyone know any watch is worth investing now? I know Omega and Tag watches has poor resale value, so getting 2nd hand watches is a good idea. Maybe someone would like to enlighten me on that?
                      Click [URL="http://lumeworks.blogspot.com/"]Lumeworks[/URL]- injecting art into a timeless zone..

[IMG]http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp33/reed_1984/2777918255.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• Poor resale means....no demand in 2nd hand market..though u get it cheap but ur resale is still poor.

Safest bet..Rolex

Comment

• Buy second hand loh... Buy cheap sell more expensive when the market improves?
                          Click [URL="http://lumeworks.blogspot.com/"]Lumeworks[/URL]- injecting art into a timeless zone..

Comment

• Easy as it sounds....=) but my advise is...do some homework..dun buy models which are too hot in the market...u might get burnt

Comment

• hi

lol that's y I am doing my homework here...

Comment

• Originally posted by crimewatch View Post
                                lol that's y I am doing my homework here...
                                enjoy seriously la...there's no such thing as...buy this watch...got potential!

diff people see diff things...diff ways..so it's up to u to pick the right choice...dun follow blindly

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X