No announcement yet.

How to care for alligator watch strap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to care for alligator watch strap?

hi,

I have a Zenith Chronomaster open xxt with alligator strap. I was wondering how do one take care of their alligator watch strap if worn often?

is there a special leather care for it?

Thanks.

I think usually the durability of the leather strap depends on the inner side. For the outer side, you could apply normal hand cream to soften the leather a bit. For the inner part, I would not apply anything as it's in contact with your skin. I am selling chemicals, you should trust me a bit hehehe
    [SIZE="2"][U][B]Movement collection:[/B][/U]
    [U]German:[/U] Junghans 687, Durowe 7420
    [U]Russian:[/U] Poljot 3133, Poljot 2612, Vostok
    [U]Chinese:[/U] Seagull
    [U]Japanese:[/U] Seiko(s)
    [U]Swiss:[/U] ETA(s)+Valjoux+Unitas(s), Zenith(s), JLC, Rolex, Lemania(s), IWC[/SIZE]

Comment

Using hand cream? What about those leather care such as Mink?

As you know the weather here is warm and humid, wearing a leather strap tend to have it getting damage easily due to sweat. And it's pretty costly to get a replacement strap of the same origins. so i would rather care for it more and hopefully last longer.

Thanks!

Comment

Personally, I just avoid wearing watches with alligator straps on days when I might sweat excessively (e.g. outdoors activties, etc.)
        运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

i use the leather cream meant for car seat to protect and clean the strap. if it is good for car seat(lots of skin contact), it should be alright for our skin. hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by jarren View Post
            i use the leather cream meant for car seat to protect and clean the strap. if it is good for car seat(lots of skin contact), it should be alright for our skin. hope that helps.
            Me think so tooo
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

you can clean the inner lining with a slightly damp cloth.......... dab and clean gently.....
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

i recommend using mink oil you can purchase from the shoe section of isetan for ard $17-19. use sparingly. lightly brush the surface with a clean cloth then slowly apply firmer strokes.

Comment

Good info... anymore other advice?

But croc leather will wear out after 2 years or so . Any method to make the strap life longer?

Comment

i dont recommend car leather products on leather straps or bags - may be too harsh (most contain waxes or silicone or other chemicals for UV protection)
                    mink oil also not recommended for brown leather (unless if its black) because it tends to darkens the tone
                    i use the water-base leather protection cream by leather master (UK)
                    it is mild and unlike mink oil, it allows leather to 'breathe' while moisturizing and protecting the leather

apart from protection cream, usage is equally important - do not expose leather to excessive UV and moisture

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X