Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any1 here ever tot abt migrating?

As above...

Really fed up with the kind of leaders we have here... Not long ago was Golden Era raised their own salary.. Now, recession... still raise electricity prices, etc.

Seriously, dun mind having a quiet and simple life elsewhere instead of working till death trying to pay the loan for a HDB flat..
    A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Originally posted by louisoh View Post
    As above...

Really fed up with the kind of leaders we have here... Not long ago was Golden Era raised their own salary.. Now, recession... still raise electricity prices, etc.

Seriously, dun mind having a quiet and simple life elsewhere instead of working till death trying to pay the loan for a HDB flat..

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

where be a better place to stay ? actually i dun mind malaysia hehehe. but i believe every country has its pos and neg effect on us. i too dun mind simple lifestyle but dunno if the family would mind after being bred and brought up here. cultures and customs of adapting can be challenging too. and i also know of families who when abroad for 10 over yrs and yet find it tough to cope and finally return back to singapore eventually too. so i think to each is own. but i do agree that the cost of living a simple life in singapore can be heavy to many of us and work work work can be drag too. in europe the culture is very diff tho. work work work than off to play of family time.
      ~[COLOR="Red"]known is a droplet, unknown is the ocean~[/COLOR]

Comment

Certainly... My concern is more long term... Rich as Singapore is, we still have one glaring shortcoming. We do not grow our own food. Everything we have and are enjoying now is based almost exclusively on imports. What if the day comes when even all the money we have is not enough to buy food?? What if food exporting countries one day decide to hoard its food for its own citizens? Remember the "rice crisis" we had just some months back? While it has paled in significance compared to the current credit crunch, we could very well face a similar "food crunch" in the not too distant future.

Don't be surprised if Singapore eventually does become Malaysia's newest state....

Anyway, back on the topic... Australia, NZ, even Thailand and Malaysia are choices for retiring/migrating to eventually. At least when sh*t hits the fan, they (at least Malaysia has already a proven track record) can shut off their economy from the outside world and will still be able to survive.
        Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

If U are... ...
          Chinese go back to China
          Indian go back to India
          Malay go back Malaysia
          Simple as that...
          And the g'ment gets to keep s'pore for itself.
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by Tomaski33 View Post
            If U are... ...
            Chinese go back to China
            Indian go back to India
            Malay go back Malaysia
            Simple as that...

if half chinese half indo how ar..hehehe...can get PR for both countries???lol..just kidding...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

when is a good time to migrate?

the country you want to migrate to, are the companies there willing to employ you?

singapore taxes are considered lowered to some of the countries mentioned here, why? because there is welfare system.

do you really want to migrate there or do you want to go another country to work? migrating means you need to get out of your comfort zone, are you ready?

i have seen many people migrating only to come back to sg eventually, however, there are still only a handful who still stayed overseas.

i agree that things are getting more and more expensive and salary has been getting pretty stagnant. how many of us can walk up to the boss or HR department and say i need a raise in wages because i deserve so? one of the possible way is to upgrade oneself through eduation aka, from A Level to degree or diploma to degree or degree to post graduate studies. sadly this is the case where most employers see education level as a benchmark to give salary.

then there is always the reply, the boss will say i can hire foreign talent as they are cheaper. then the sporeans will blame them for taking away their jobs. the thing is when my boss tell me that they can hire foreign talent, i tell my boss i can contribute more than they can in your company. i have done my fair share of contribution but my boss only raise a little nia. bo bian. the next option is to go to another company. it is one of the many ways to secure a higher pay job, but base on the current economic situation, might not be easy.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

actually how many of us keep track of how much we spend a month?

do we categorised the amount into several section such as

1) utilities
                2) food
                3) transport
                4) shopping
                5) daily necessities
                6) buying watch

i have done that faithfully for 2 months then it is down the drain. once i have identified the source of 'extra' money where could be saved. it is one way to save alittle more.

most important is to faithfully stick to this and have a savings aside. with savings aside we can then look into alternative investment. to do investment, we have to do homework like we shop for watches.

these days, we need to make money work harder. the problem is that with such low interest rate, most people feel that it is not worth to put inside savings account. but we still need to keep some money aside for economic downturn.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I agree as the job market now is not gd, not many are willing to employ unless cleaner jobs etc, I have seen quite a no. of companies cutting cost and laying ppl off.

Tax is lower compared to other countries like Australia or Canada which part of the tax are used for pensions and healthcare. These countries have minimum wage. I heard that healthcare in Canada and France are free which are ideal for ppl who wish to retire as the older you get the more exp the healthcare is.

One thing abt Singapore is tat there is no strong system for workers hence there will be mistreatment. There is no laws here for wage, ie anyone amount also can be considered wage, so this part no welfare and protection. In France, I heard tat if u have a child the Garment there will arrange a nanny for u to take care of the child while u go to work, FOC! This is cemented by law. Also the law states that a worker can only work up to 35 hours per week, anything exceeds that will be considered as a overtime so this ensures tat the employees are not abused.

There are pros and cons.
                  "夫君子之行:静以修身,俭以养德;非淡泊无以明志,非宁静无以致远。" - 诸葛亮

One should seek serenity to cultivate the body, thriftiness to cultivate the morals. Seeking fame and wealth will not lead to noble ideal. Only by seeking serenity will one reach far. - Zhugeliang

Comment

Originally posted by Tomaski33 View Post
                    If U are... ...
                    Malay go back Malaysia
                    Simple as that...
                    News flash...Singapore is part of the Malay Peninsular. So the Malays can stay put or cross the causeway as they please.

Since the Government is multi-racial there will be no more Government i.e. if everyone follows your suggestion and all the ethnic groups return to the country of their ancestors origin.

Comment

Stay

Rooted and lead a simple life. It is a very personal choice and opinion. Must we really really live in luxury? ROLEXes, Guccis, LVs, Poloralphs, Vertus, etc-etc... Again, very personal choice. Yes, life is hectic; things are expensive; but what is it you want?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                        if half chinese half indo how ar..hehehe...can get PR for both countries???lol..just kidding...
                        Ha Ha No problem...
                        That's means u have 1 more country to choose to migrate n that's a gd thing to have..
                        [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          then there is always the reply, the boss will say i can hire foreign talent as they are cheaper. then the sporeans will blame them for taking away their jobs. the thing is when my boss tell me that they can hire foreign talent, i tell my boss i can contribute more than they can in your company. i have done my fair share of contribution but my boss only raise a little nia. bo bian. the next option is to go to another company. it is one of the many ways to secure a higher pay job, but base on the current economic situation, might not be easy.
                          The blame issue on FT cannot just be ignored so easily...why??

The gov have to accept part of the blame for importing so many FT into our shores...There is no control on FT coming in..
                          And lots of co are using FT to suppress local pay and job opp...
                          I would like to make this point is how many FT that are in sgp make a difference Or contribute to our society ??
                          They are here to earn our $$ n take away sgp jobs..
                          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

many things to consider. as a child born to sg migrants, i can see that my parents had it tough (both as business migrants and workers). had they stayed in sg, my life would be much different.

i guess there are pros and cons, and im sure my parents did the best they did to make sure all was well for me (within their control).

for those seriously considering migrating, please evaluate the options, pros, cons, etc. the pasture may not be as green as originally thought.
                            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                            Blue 6694
                            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Is the moon really rounder overseas?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...