Gosh... Got a lemon... Cartier Santos ladies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gosh... Got a lemon... Cartier Santos ladies

Argh... just wanted to rant and rave about having bought a lemon...

The watch... a Cartier Santos 100 female, for my wife for our anniversary. Going back to the AD later to find out if I can do a one to one exchange as it has only been a week.

Watch was fine the first few days... until yesterday it decided to 'accelerate' and run 10 mins fast every 2 hours... that is way off...

Also, just wanted to ask around, I didnt know that cartier santos 100 for ladies had no screw down crown and is just a simple pull out crown without any way of winding... did i get a 'fake' or am i just paranoid? Btw, this is from one of the top three ADs... Sincere, Cortina, THG. Cant be right?

Dont wanna reveal the shop yet... hopefully can get an exchange... 1 week is pretty short for it to get crocked up...
    Currently own:
    Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
    Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
    Blue Dial/Silver Markers
    Seiko SNZG15K1
    Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
    Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
    Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
    Omega Seamaster 2254.50
    Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

is it possible that all it needs is a demagnatisation? have you been near any strong magnetic sources lately? that could be a reason why the timing is out.

else it could be something as simple as a good ol regulation. both of which your AD can advise.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Can always pop to the service centre to enquire on what happened to the watch....
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes. Agree that it could be due to exposure to strong magnetic fields. Richemont can settle that in 10 mins.

My wife wears a white Santos. The crown is not screwed down which means don't wear it into water.

Comment

Sounds bad. Get the AD who sold you the watch to settle it for you.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yeap quite bad... Adjusted last night at 10pm and this morning at 7 am it read 1015 am.... goodness.... gained 3 hours in 9 hours... thats crazy man.... its running overtime

Hopefully the AD can settle it for me fast...

Nope, have not been near any magnetic source lately though. I just hope not to wait a few months as this is a gift for my wife and she really loves it - minus the fact that it does not tell time accurately... lol

So its not screwed down crown? But it says 100m water resistance and also, cant be a seiko movement right? I thought all ETA were windable? This doesnt wind at all i think.
            Currently own:
            Blue Dial/Silver Markers
            Seiko SNZG15K1

Wishlist:

(gone and missing them)
            Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Comment

I'm really not au fait with cartier watches so this is something you will have to check with the AD or let someone here come in to share. There are automatic watches that you don't wind such as some of the Seiko models; Patek Philippe too, I think. Or your watch manual may have the information?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Truly sounds like a lemon! Best go back to your AD & sort it out. Hopefully 1 to 1 exchange.
                Current
                ------------
                SS Rolex Submariner (Black)
                SS Rolex Daytona (Black)
                SS Rolex Explorer II 42mm (Black)

Comment

Santos is ETA inside. 2671, 2892..

Can wind as far as I know. It's 100m all right even not screw down.

100m good for shower, dip in pool. Probably not for straps.

The rate is way too far off normal.
                  Within 7 days I will ask for an exchange. (sales of goods act)
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

as far as im concern, a straight out exchange is not likely to happen. i think most AD has a clause indicated not/non exchange(able) on the receipt.

what is likely going to happen if you choose to go back to the shop. they will take in your watch, send it in to service centre and get the issue rectified and return you the watch. if the problem persists, they will send in your watch again to solve the issue. however this time, they may send it back to brand factory. the brand factory will again attempt to fix the issue and return you the watch.

if you want to go straight to richemont, you can also. the process is still same. attempt to fix locally. once done, return to owner. if problem arises again, owner sends in the watch again. attempts to rectify, if can't send to brand factory overseas.

this kind of ding-dong process can go on for more than 1 year if the issue keeps coming back.

hopefully, yours is a first and one time fix can already.

if the watch is found to be lemon after 3-4 times are repeated fixing the same issue, you can request for a replacement. whether or not the brand will do so is their choice.

however, i would strongly recommend that you go through the AD rather than your own for reasons i can't publicly say.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

To get 1 to 1 exchange really need to kick up some fuss.

Most retailers put "non exchange" clause/terms themselves somewhere sometimes.
                      However sales of goods act still stands and those terms are void.

Retailers still put and enforce these terms anyway until legal actions.

Well, this is Singapore .
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion and you guys are right... Couldn't get a one to one exchange but if I get the prob once more I will really kick a fuss and get it exchanged. Well just asked the guy to get it rushed for me... It's an anniversary gift and yea .... Hopefully comes back well and good.

Worse thing is while talking and settling the invoice and chit, saw an AP ... My goodness... I m poisoned... Got to have that man ! Btw is 30% for AP the norm ? Or can go even higher ? Put it on my wrist (btw it's AP royal oak) ... Now not satisfied with my rolex explorer ii already.... How poisonous this hobby is .....
                        Currently own:
                        Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                        Seiko SNZG15K1

Wishlist:

(gone and missing them)
                        Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Comment

Originally posted by Fengy View Post
                          Thanks for the suggestion and you guys are right... Couldn't get a one to one exchange but if I get the prob once more I will really kick a fuss and get it exchanged. Well just asked the guy to get it rushed for me... It's an anniversary gift and yea .... Hopefully comes back well and good.

Worse thing is while talking and settling the invoice and chit, saw an AP ... My goodness... I m poisoned... Got to have that man ! Btw is 30% for AP the norm ? Or can go even higher ? Put it on my wrist (btw it's AP royal oak) ... Now not satisfied with my rolex explorer ii already.... How poisonous this hobby is .....
                          Hi! I feel your pain... I kena a lemon recently too, mine was a Chopard though. Thankfully for me, the AD managed to settle with the brand for me. And mine they doing one-one, but still waiting for the replacement.... 1 month, still no sight of replacement yet. Pay money already but no watch to wear.....

Good you go through AD, cos your SE have a good relationship with the service centres(esp those that help their cilents send their watches in for servicing) and can deal with them better and pressure them to put your watch on priority to settle first.Cos its their reputation they have to protect and part of their service rendered.An SE who can provide better aftersales will most likely have repeat cilents. Anyway, they 'bang table' at the brand service centre would be more effective.

Hope everything goes well! keep us posted. Thanks.

BTW congratz on your new AP

Comment

No AP yet... A little above budget ... Maybe next yr or yr end I ll get it. Hopefully I don't have to wait for a month man .... Thanks for all the replies though
                            Currently own:
                            Blue Dial/Silver Markers
                            Seiko SNZG15K1

Wishlist:

(gone and missing them)
                            Omega Seamaster 2254.50