is this watch fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this watch fake?

hi bros. i just handled a Vacheron Constantin Tourbillon Retrograde Day Date about an hour ago. It belonged to a friend. It felt really strange and I doubt the authenticity of the watch. background info of the watch. Twin retrograde. Date on the left, Day on the right. Automatic. Said to cost 120k.

a few things i noticed:
    1. The strap didn't look alligator
    2. The blued steel looked coated, very different from my JLC's blued steel
    3. It was really light, considering it was at least 41mm. lighter than my Grande Reverso.
    4. The trademark VC cross on the tourbillon cage was also blued steel. i've never seen a VC tourbillon with blued steel VC cross.
    5. There was no second hand on the tourbillon cage.
    6. Movement was very minimally decorated. It was signed VC on the rotor, but still very much less impressive than many PPs or JLCs I've handled.

I don't have pictures of the watch and couldn't find any online. What do seniors here think of said piece? Sorry for the long post. Just curious. Thanks!

Can't really comment about the watch without pics. But if your gut feel tells you something is wrong, it usually is.

Just today I was standing behind someone in a queue wearing a Patek Aquanaut 5167, but it look off to me, something about the case size, bezel width and the finishing.

There are more and more copies of watches now, rather then in the past where they just paste the brand on to any watch design(i.e models that don't exist).

Comment

My Uni lecturer said "Always stick to your first answer, chances are you'll be alright"

It has worked for me since then....

Cheers
      Those who care won't need your explanation, those who need explanation probably won't believe you

Comment

http://www.findreplicas.com/cheap-sw...th-p97810.html

found the pics finally. it's this exact watch. so...i guess mystery solved? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
          Can't really comment about the watch without pics. But if your gut feel tells you something is wrong, it usually is.

Just today I was standing behind someone in a queue wearing a Patek Aquanaut 5167, but it look off to me, something about the case size, bezel width and the finishing.

There are more and more copies of watches now, rather then in the past where they just paste the brand on to any watch design(i.e models that don't exist).
          if it can give itself away by looking frm a distance gees this is got to be one low grade copy...LOL. Grade AAA ones are so good even putting them side by side wit a gen also cant tell, got to pop open the case back to see the movts...soon got to use loup to inspect the movts also LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
            if it can give itself away by looking frm a distance gees this is got to be one low grade copy...LOL. Grade AAA ones are so good even putting them side by side wit a gen also cant tell, got to pop open the case back to see the movts...soon got to use loup to inspect the movts also LOL.
            i fear for that day bro. hope they can curb this replica problem pronto.

Comment

Yup, they really need to curb this problem, esp now that there are more Grade AA fakes as Louie has mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKing View Post
                Yup, they really need to curb this problem, esp now that there are more Grade AA fakes as Louie has mentioned.
                I rather goes for homage watches than fake AAA or whatsoever watches.

Another link selling fake watches from US. I would died of heart attack if happen to buy a fake watch from forumer here especially its thousands of dollars onwards.

http://www.tswisstime.com/

Comment

I can't stand fakes and replicas. Don't da zhong lian pi chong pang zi. I guess homages that doesn't carry the original brand name is fine. And friends who wear fakes, tell em off... Gross.

Comment

actually, in all honesty, why spend so much time worrying about whether the other guy is wearing a real watch or fake watch, unless you are concerned that your friend has been ripped off? as long as you're happy with what's on your wrist and it gives you a feeling of satisfaction whenever you look down onto your wrist, i think that's good enough already.

as for other people, whatever rocks their boat lah.
                    why worry and make life difficult for yourself and other people, especially at the expense of damaging friendships?
                    live and let live.
                    What's in the box:
                    • Patek Philippe 5726A
                    • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
                    • Panerai 187 Subzilla
                    • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

I think what most bros here are peeved about is that while they pay the full price, some guy buys the same watch for a fraction of its price. That being said, nothing beats a genuine watch. Anyway, I wouldn't assume that the fakes are of good quality now since most websites uses pictures of the genuine watches to sell their fakes. Be wary of clicking the links to such websites, you never know what information can be stolen when you do

Comment

Originally posted by burnz View Post
                        actually, in all honesty, why spend so much time worrying about whether the other guy is wearing a real watch or fake watch, unless you are concerned that your friend has been ripped off? as long as you're happy with what's on your wrist and it gives you a feeling of satisfaction whenever you look down onto your wrist, i think that's good enough already.

as for other people, whatever rocks their boat lah.
                        why worry and make life difficult for yourself and other people, especially at the expense of damaging friendships?
                        live and let live.
                        I totally agree with Mr Burnz here. If my friend bought a Pam from Chong Pin China & it cost just S$100 or so, I wont expose him cos it's his decision. As long as he's happy wearing it & I am happily wearing mine, it ok lah.
                        I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
                        Alfa 33
                        Alfa 147
                        Alfa GT
                        Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
                        Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse