• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye Darkie . We'll see you soon .
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
      Hi bro, is that the old type of webbing with just a belt, the ammo pouches and the shoulder strap? If yes, I would be keen since mine really worn-out already
      Bro. That type no 'pakay' liao when you go back in. Now, its the integrated type with vest. You buying this vintage piece for collection? Investment?

Comment

Huh...my unit still using the old sch type of SBO leh...hahahaha....11 years old SBO....still on my 1st set from my active time til now....well seasoned and well travelled too!!!hehehehe...

Been thru with me thru bad and good times....in NS...lol.....Batdly tattered liao...but still dun bear to change lar..
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          Bro. That type no 'pakay' liao when you go back in. Now, its the integrated type with vest. You buying this vintage piece for collection? Investment?
          IMO wear what you like. Do not wear vintage just because its more popular or value.

SBO is not a good investment. If value increases good.
          There is always washing cost involved which is hard to recover.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Can always hand wash the SBO ...hehehe...H2O is provided F.O.C in the camp...hehehehehe

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              Can always hand wash the SBO ...hehehe...H2O is provided F.O.C in the camp...hehehehehe
              yes but detergent not free leh. to wash and smell better got to use liquid type.
              2~3x more expensive than powder.
              some more washing interval is short. Cheong one mountain one wash.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

Hahahaha...can always get the body foam to wash....lol...no need buy liquid detergent....

I cheong a few mountains in a few days at one time as just a small fry infantryman here...not some hotshot senior officer mah...lol

Comment

Hahahaha...can always get the body foam to wash....lol...no need buy liquid detergent....
                  Wash all at once!!

Foam + SBO on body...

Comment

Power idea Bro!!!

Hahahaha..but hor too bulky to squeeze in the shower cube leh....hehehehe.....

I think wash together in the washing machine provided better....can wash about 3 SBOs at one time mah...lol....

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                      IMO wear what you like. Do not wear vintage just because its more popular or value.

SBO is not a good investment. If value increases good.
                      There is always washing cost involved which is hard to recover.
                      Agree. People must realise that SBO are not good investment tools. Buy what you like...if value go up, take it as a bonus. The only fear is where to authenticate vintage SBO? Last heard emart has decided they will not provide this service for vintage items.
                      There are also some which are not totally original. Some has pouches that are non-period correct with the webbing. Some worse, water bottle also not matching.
                      With all the parts that were exchanges 1-1, it is indeed very difficult to find a full original vintage SBO!

Comment

Another lazy Sunday afternoon ...

Haha Aston, see you soon again in 2 weeks bro!
                        My Current Collection:

(1) Rolex President Day Date Yellow Gold 1803 encrusted with Diamonds and Rubies (1970)
                        (2) Rolex Midsize Date Just Two Tone 16013 with Diamond Markers (1984-85)
                        (3) Rolex Men's Date Just Two Tone 16013 with Diamond Markers (1984-85)
                        (3) Rolex President Day Date White Gold 18239 encrusted with Diamonds (1991-92)
                        (5) Rolex Daytona Cosmograph White Gold 116509 Meteorite (2008)
                        (6) Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller Stainless Steel 116660 (2009)

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                          Agree. People must realise that SBO are not good investment tools. Buy what you like...if value go up, take it as a bonus. The only fear is where to authenticate vintage SBO? Last heard emart has decided they will not provide this service for vintage items.
                          There are also some which are not totally original. Some has pouches that are non-period correct with the webbing. Some worse, water bottle also not matching.
                          With all the parts that were exchanges 1-1, it is indeed very difficult to find a full original vintage SBO!
                          That is true....but if the patina is matching should be pretty safe....as for verification wise, i am sure some of the old uncles and aunties in E-Mart able to do lar...hahahaha.....

Water bottles for NOS are rare as a hen teeth!!!!!

Comment

Thks bro feilong! Prefer this 'vintage' type of SBO which is more comfortable in our humid weather ... Poor me just got called back for first ICTs 10+ yrs after ORD so long way to go ... sigh

hehehehe.....old school type...infantry type....will post pictures of the SBO for your Perusal Bro Psee tonite or latest tml nite...

Keep this thread alive til DA comes out in two weeks!!!!
                            运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Hahahaha..Bro Psee...go back to reservist not too bad too...can catch up with former army buddies and have a good time in there to tcss....

Comment

Originally posted by psee View Post
                                Thks bro feilong! Prefer this 'vintage' type of SBO which is more comfortable in our humid weather ... Poor me just got called back for first ICTs 10+ yrs after ORD so long way to go ... sigh
                                Wah they forget u for 10+ years?

Go back simi also buay hiao.
                                Tell CO only buy watch aye hiao... Keke

Max they can call u is until 40, that is if u r small fry like me.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X