Any Experts on Gold Coins Collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pet View Post
    alamak, i want to change image to attach, u quote me leow ...

heavy somemore, i realise the chinese zodiac 1 started in the early 80's... before tht, no 'animal'

'IF' get to meet u, i gv u a 1991 coin as ang pow loh... hahahha
    I dun mind anything...hahaha..just the meaning behind it la. LOL..I believe I have that...but in gold i think...coz that's the year i was born special.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

never keep notes leh, got a few uncut notes nai. those old series never keep...

me mainly keep coins, all dont worth much 1 lah... but alot leh ... this year i buy like 9 sets ( 3 sets each kid )..
      Wah... That's a lot man. Add together got 1KG?
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        1kg confirm hav...but wasted not gold

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          I dun mind anything...hahaha..just the meaning behind it la. LOL..I believe I have that...but in gold i think...coz that's the year i was born special.
          better thn $2 ang pow hor ? hahaha

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
          1kg confirm hav...but wasted not gold
          more thn 1 kg, more like 10 kg & abv... wasted not gold... hahhaa

only afew gold nai ...

dunno sell all the normal 1s can exchange for a rolex gmt or not ..

this yr i never buy so much leow, buy coin set ($18) , 1 rat coin ( S$19), 1 silver rat coin ( $64 ), X 3 for 3 kids...

Comment

better thn $2 ang pow hor ? hahaha

only afew gold nai ...

dunno sell all the normal 1s can exchange for a rolex gmt or not ..

this yr i never buy so much leow, buy coin set ($18) , 1 rat coin ( S$19), 1 silver rat coin ( $64 ), X 3 for 3 kids...
            Yeah lor...

Hahhaa...if you can sell for a GMT..that means u paid at least a few GMTs already

Comment

Yeah lor...

Hahhaa...if you can sell for a GMT..that means u paid at least a few GMTs already
              me not really into coins 1 lah, more like something my dad started, buy yearly for us, i inturn buy yearly for my kids..
              i actually bought more thn 25 pcs this yr, keep enough for kids... the rest gv friend's kids as ang pow...some year never gv so much, usually ended up with some extra.

i think all these wont appreciate, but maybe will min retain the value u paid for them. i hope

Comment

Anyone here collecting Gold coins/bar???

Anyone here holding on to PAMP Suisse gold??? Is it better for me to purchase 100grams rather then those smaller gold coins? I know the price for gold is at it's peak now, in many years to come I'm sure the price will go higher thus thinking of putting my money in gold other then rolex watches.

Any advice???

Comment

my view..for sure it's good time to sell but to start buying now i'm not too sure, as gold price have hit all time high...for physical gold bar you will not make immediate profit when the gold price is up. For example, now pure gold is at S$68 per gram, however, when you want to sell it, dealer will only take in at less 20% of the gold price which is only S$54.40 per gram....maybe for your case it's better to open up an gold trading account with any local banks.

I do inherited some vintage gold/silver coins from my granddad, the gold ones worth a lot now compared to years back....

Comment

Originally posted by Xccess View Post
                    Anyone here holding on to PAMP Suisse gold??? Is it better for me to purchase 100grams rather then those smaller gold coins? I know the price for gold is at it's peak now, in many years to come I'm sure the price will go higher thus thinking of putting my money in gold other then rolex watches.

Any advice???
                    It's good if you want to peg your money against inflation, much better than the watches. Go for the 1Kg if your pocket is big enuff, otherwise the 100g are better than the coins as they come much cheaper.

Buy from UOB plaza basement 1 if you need physical gold, otherwise open a gold account with them and collect paper gold. When you want to convert your paper gold to physical, just pay GST.

There is never a good time to buy gold, it's always expensive, no matter when. Just grab however much you like, and through time, they will only appreciate.

Comment

I did buy Paper Gold at UOB but that was back a few years ago, 05 and 06 and if you read this it will make you want too, even now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/op...28krugman.html

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
                        my view..for sure it's good time to sell but to start buying now i'm not too sure, as gold price have hit all time high...for physical gold bar you will not make immediate profit when the gold price is up. For example, now pure gold is at S$68 per gram, however, when you want to sell it, dealer will only take in at less 20% of the gold price which is only S$54.40 per gram....maybe for your case it's better to open up an gold trading account with any local banks.

I do inherited some vintage gold/silver coins from my granddad, the gold ones worth a lot now compared to years back....
                        Hmmmm....Thanks for the advise. Frankly I wanted to purchase another rolex next year but after much consideration, I've decided to invest in gold for long term. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
                          I did buy Paper Gold at UOB but that was back a few years ago, 05 and 06 and if you read this it will make you want too, even now.

With regards to paper gold is this account with UOB??? I do understand there's some charges per year such as admin charge etc. I'm not too sure about it, maybe some senior can clarify.

Comment

Buy from UOB plaza basement 1 if you need physical gold, otherwise open a gold account with them and collect paper gold. When you want to convert your paper gold to physical, just pay GST.

There is never a good time to buy gold, it's always expensive, no matter when. Just grab however much you like, and through time, they will only appreciate.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for enlightenment. My intention is to part 30% to 40% of my cash for physical gold, may look into gold cert soon. With physical gold I can always bring them out for polishing daily...lolx.

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post

Thanks for the link, I will study it tomorrow. Much appreciated, I'm such you made a big fortune for those investment. Cheerz

Comment

Originally posted by Xccess View Post
                                Thanks for the link, I will study it tomorrow. Much appreciated, I'm such you made a big fortune for those investment. Cheerz

I hope so but still holding for now. I bought a 1 KG Cert at UOB at each of these prices when gold was USD 580, 600, 630 and 660 a troy oz.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X