How much does a watch box worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much does a watch box worth?

I am talking about the box that comes with the watch we buy.

Recently I posted a WTB to try and get a IWC box and was offered one for $550 when I thought I could get one at $100-$150. And then I saw someone selling a PP box in the neighbouring forum for $1000!

How much do you think a box for luxury watches of brand like Panerai/IWC/JLC/AP/PP etc worth?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

If i'm not wrong, most of the reputable/branded watch makers box are mostly made of wooden case, as well as coatings that make the watch box last for a long time... hence the high price demand.
    My TITONI watch box all koyak liaoz... so was looking around for the replacement boxes... but was quoted $15/pc..."What the F???" comes into my mind first immediately after the quoted amount. That crappy box that dries up easily then paint falls off after some period of storage cost $15?????
    So now i put my TITONIs into a watch box i got from the TOYOUTPOST. Somemore $50 nia...
    My SANDOZ watch box that came with the 9yrs submariner is more lasting than the TITONI!!!!!!

Comment

$100-$200 is fair. Anything more is ridiculous
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The 6694 which I have comes with box too and it was back in 1972, the box still looks great only age. I do have to agree with Oceanklassik that you don't need to pay more than 200 to get a good decent box. And BTW, if you are not picky, you can leave without a box like Ed. Yeo too.. Or you can store it in the Winder as well.. kekeke

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        $100-$200 is fair. Anything more is ridiculous
        Current
        ------------
        SS Rolex OysterDate Precision 6694
        SS Rolex Explorer II 16570 (White)
        SS Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 (Black)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
          If i'm not wrong, most of the reputable/branded watch makers box are mostly made of wooden case, as well as coatings that make the watch box last for a long time... hence the high price demand.
          Not true. While some watches like Panerai come in a wooden box, most other brands have non-wooden type. The reason I wanted to buy an IWC box is because mine had deteriorated - the usual peeled-off problem caused by humidity.

Comment

Originally posted by novaol View Post
            The 6694 which I have comes with box too and it was back in 1972, the box still looks great only age. I do have to agree with Oceanklassik that you don't need to pay more than 200 to get a good decent box. And BTW, if you are not picky, you can leave without a box like Ed. Yeo too.. Or you can store it in the Winder as well.. kekeke
            I can live without a box for my watches. But experience says it is easier to sell a watch with box & papers, so I always try to keep complete set since I am such a flipper.

Anyway I ended up selling my IWC watch without the box within days - and I didn't have to lower the price by $550

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              I am talking about the box that comes with the watch we buy.

Recently I posted a WTB to try and get a IWC box and was offered one for $550 when I thought I could get one at $100-$150. And then I saw someone selling a PP box in the neighbouring forum for $1000!

How much do you think a box for luxury watches of brand like Panerai/IWC/JLC/AP/PP etc worth?
              Probably Pam,AP and PP watch boxes cost a little more cos of the material...good stuff! I m estimating about $200-300 onwards for those boxes.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Probably Pam,AP and PP watch boxes cost a little more cos of the material...good stuff! I m estimating about $200-300 onwards for those boxes.
                I haven't owned any AP & PP but if the boxes are of wood or other fine material that wouldn't deteriorate due to weather/humidity then I think $200-$300 is a fair price. I think I saw a few Panerai boxes going for $300-$350.

I aslo imagine that people who would sell away the box genuinely don't want to keep the box, probably beacuse they don't ever intend to sell their watch and find the box taking up too much space.

I have an expatriate colleague who have bought a few PAMs, a few Rolexes and APs over the past two years, told me that he threw away all the boxes coz his wife was complaining that they were talking up too much space!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X