Explorer II Replica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer II Replica

This morning I was browsing at PHing, saw this Explorer II replica on sale, and wow becos the watch look very nice. I'm surprise that they can made it so close to the real thing and quality wise near there. Saw even chapter ring, no pin-hole too. Listed also mentioned Swiss Movement Graded AAA.. ha ha

Current
    ------------
    SS Rolex OysterDate Precision 6694
    SS Rolex Explorer II 16570 (White)
    SS Rolex GMT-Master II 16710 (Black)

Top grade one huh
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

The case & bracelet can look the same, movement can never be.

Comment

Originally posted by franciz View Post
        The case & bracelet can look the same, movement can never be.
        for the watchmaker with an engineering facility, any parts can be made to replicate the mov't and im talking both function and aesthetically, you will be amazed at what a cnc router can do these days. however it may/may not be cost effective. who knows on a large scale maybe?
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Not having seen the 'real' thing yet, who is to say that this isn't the real thing? Personally, I can't even tell if it is fake either.

I have seen companies time and again posting on the web, pictures of the real watch, to give you the impression that is the watch that you will get. I am 100% sure though that the person buying it will be sorely disappointed when the replica finally arrives.

Comment

I have to agree with you Seiko.citizen, If the people can come up with an idea to clone and produce the watch which may be lower in cost, it will be best targeted for lower income who wish to own one but not able to afford a real thing, at the some times looks very close to the real stuff and not noticeable by a Rolex expert at a glance is a job well done here. Plus with todays technology, anyone can produce or replicate the same or even close internal mechanism which makes it thick the same, looks the same and even works the same as the real stuff.
            Current
            ------------

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Top grade one huh
              It looks very Top Grade to me now.. clean and markers are sharp and deep as the original, Date magnify also clear, wordings no mistake in spelling (ha ha)
              Current
              ------------

Comment

Let me tell you how to spot the rep.

Notice the hand stack ? Color of the GMT hands ? "Orange EXPLORER font"

REAL (Hour/GMT/Min/sec)

FAKE (GMT/Hour/Min/Sec)
                Last edited by tanwill; 13-08-11, 10:40 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

brudder u joking right?

the replica is based on the new explorer II not the old one
                  Opportunities come once

Comment

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                    brudder u joking right?

the replica is based on the new explorer II not the old one
                    You meant the replica is based on the old explorer II not the new one?

Seems like they just changed the colour of the needle thats all haha.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hmmm? i don't get you
                      Opportunities come once

Comment

This is the old Explorer II

This is the Fake Explorer II 2011
                        [/QUOTE]

This is the new Explorer II 2011 Model which will be debut in Oct 2011

Found the difference! And you will know why DarkAngle replied you that way... hee hee Hope that clears up your confusion

Originally posted by Mille View Post
                        hmmm? i don't get you
                        Current
                        ------------

Comment

Where did u see the fake explorer?

Comment

The fugazi seems to be neither here nor there on what it planned to replicate... Many inconsistencies can be identified...

It copied the dial of the new Explorer II with the maxi-dial and orange lettering, but pretty sure dial dimensions remained the same...

On to the hands, it copied the the colour of new GMT hand but not the shape, and fails to upgrade the hour & minute hands... New ones are fatter....

Next, the case & bezel did not get an upgrade, bezel markings still on the anorexic side... & case likely remained at 40mm...

Comment

Originally posted by clokwerk oranje View Post
                              The fugazi seems to be neither here nor there on what it planned to replicate... Many inconsistencies can be identified...

It copied the dial of the new Explorer II with the maxi-dial and orange lettering, but pretty sure dial dimensions remained the same...

On to the hands, it copied the the colour of new GMT hand but not the shape, and fails to upgrade the hour & minute hands... New ones are fatter....

Next, the case & bezel did not get an upgrade, bezel markings still on the anorexic side... & case likely remained at 40mm...
                              thats what you get when you mate the old explorer II with the new explorer II. a premature hybrid
                              I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X