Price of Exp2 at chinatown area.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of Exp2 at chinatown area.

Hi all, went around asking price on Exp2 at chinatown area today. Ranging from $5300 to $5800. Most of them do not come with box and paper. But have 2 year warranty from shop.

One of the AD at Peoples park complex quoted $6900 for new set.
    6694 & 116520 for now...

Dun come with box and paper...dun buy....u see shop with mei mei serving you in uniform also dun step in.

$6900 for a brand new is pretty good..I would say can buy!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Do a bit more "leg work" for the brand new Exp II. You may get a price better than $6900.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        Dun come with box and paper...dun buy
        Agree with you Bro Darkie...
        BUt this really boils down to the individual... some agree and some don't. However, to be 101% safe, even if it comes with B&P, you may also want to do your own homework to verify its authenticity @ RSC

....u see shop with mei mei serving you in uniform also dun step in.
        I always notice all the Mei Meis will look at your wrist before they approach you and ask you anything...

For me? I always tell them "Looking only..."

Anyway, I am there to see the watches, not look at the Mei Meis...

Bro, good buy leh... 6.9 for BNIB Exp2... M Series I suppose? Can let us know which shop hah? PM me oso can...

Cheers
        [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Dun come with box and paper...dun buy....u see shop with mei mei serving you in uniform also dun step in.

Boss, wanna share your experience with these mei mei?

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
          Do a bit more "leg work" for the brand new Exp II. You may get a price better than $6900.
          Why AD like to make us exercise our leg before they can give us the best price? Just give the best price to close deal isn't tat better?

Originally posted by meyersound View Post
          Bro, good buy leh... 6.9 for BNIB Exp2... M Series I suppose? Can let us know which shop hah? PM me oso can... Cheers
          I think its Kee Hing Hung or something like tat. It on the 2nd floor of People's Park Complex. $6.9k good price? I think Bro dexter is selling $6.2k for m-series here.

Actually, why local AD Rolex cost more? Is it bcoz our overhead is higher or they just wanna chop carrot
          6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Originally posted by derrick1973 View Post
            I think its Kee Hing Hung or something like tat. It on the 2nd floor of People's Park Complex.
            Roger dat Bro... Thanks!!!

$6.9k good price? I think Bro dexter is selling $6.2k for m-series here.
            Of course SG-ROC got better deals here... but don't forget AD is still AD and is a shop mah...

Actually, why local AD Rolex cost more? Is it bcoz our overhead is higher or they just wanna chop carrot
            It's cos they need to cover overheads... rental, electricity, employee salary, etc. Wah, otherwise where got pretty Mei Meis will want to work there ?

However, I think all the ADs would have gotten a very good cost price from the Manufacturers... otherwise how to survive...?

Not sure how the watch industry works cos I'm not in the watch industry, but normally in my industry, it's someting like that:

Recommended Retail Price is $xxxx,
            AD gets it at 35% discount or sometimes even better disc. (like 45%)
            AD mark up another 30% or so
            So, Selling Price of AD is 5% less than RRP
            AD gives a discount of 15%
            Actually, AD is already making 15% or higher...

That's why shop price is higher...

Does this apply to watch ADs and Resellers? Comments?
            [U] [/U]

[COLOR="Blue"]4000ft = 1220m[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr153/meyersound/moi-SD.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Why AD like to make us exercise our leg before they can give us the best price?
              You ask me, I ask who? I'm not related in anyway to an AD.

Just give the best price to close deal isn't tat better?
              Better for you maybe, but not to the ADs. They want the highest price they can "squeeze" from you.

Comment

Originally posted by meyersound View Post
                Roger dat Bro... Thanks!!!
                No problem bro.

Originally posted by ejaan View Post
                Better for you maybe, but not to the ADs. They want the highest price they can "squeeze" from you.
                Ermm... I disagreed on this. If can closed deal its a win win for both, right?
                6694 & 116520 for now...

Comment

Ermm... I disagreed on this. If can closed deal its a win win for both, right?
                  Well you may, but reality is otherwise.

The SA's pay packet is dependent on commission which in turn is dependent on the total sale amount...$ i.e.

Just like some of the members have pointed out, timing plays a part. If you arrive at the period where the SA need to meet his quota for that month, then the advantage is with you and you may be able to bargain to a price that benefits you. If the timing is not right, then the SA may be willing to take the risk of waiting for a "carrot" to walk in.

Comment

YM

Hi all, went around asking price on Exp2 at chinatown area today. Ranging from $5300 to $5800. Most of them do not come with box and paper. But have 2 year warranty from shop.

I am looking for a YM man size SS at PP offered me very good price but no paper and box I don't buy..Even if expired paper with box I'll buy..any seller? PM me.

Comment

You are referring to the 116570 or 16570, right?

The Exp II is certainly a nice watch, but very common. Because many around, it does not keep value very well. So Better to buy pre-owned. I think it should be around SGD 4500 to 4800, depending on condition. Personally, I would not buy if there are no papers.

I think it is a nice piece to own, a great workhorse.

Sorry ah, to those who think I like to pontificate. I am just offering personal view.

Comment

Exp2, $4200 can get. It is a daily beater.
                        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Hi

Can someone share if i am interested in a pre-owned piece, how do i get it to RSC? I suppose getting to RSC before i buy right... but how does this work> Someone enlighten.....

Comment

Verification By RSC

The usual procedure is to purchase the watch.

In the receipt, stipulate full refund if not genuine as verified by RSC.

But a word a caution, unless you buy from an established outlet, you will
                            have real difficulty getting a refund from the vendor.

There's a Exp II available in Bronze age. See their website. No cert. $4,500.
                            OK to buy from the party.

Hope this helps.

Good luck in your purchase.

Comment

if buy from preowned shop, you go yourself after purchase to verify.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X