Where can one buy unique brands that are lesser heard of but good quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can one buy unique brands that are lesser heard of but good quality

and at the same time affordable ? I am looking for watches like MK II that is make by a small group of people. Also side track a little, I understand toa payoh has a watch repair shop where has it moved to ? Went there twice just couldn't find it anymore.

such brands are usually harder to find in shops (if any) locally. need to really keep eyes open. however, im not sure which shops sell them.

there are quite a number of watch repair shop in toa payoh. are you referring to the one @ block 183 near the library? the shop has ceased operations. however, if you need the watch technician contact number, you may pm me.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Such watch brands are locally available at Gnomon Watches, Shaw Towers. Even at The Bencoolen, Bencoolen Street.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by watchknight View Post
        and at the same time affordable ? I am looking for watches like MK II that is make by a small group of people. Also side track a little, I understand toa payoh has a watch repair shop where has it moved to ? Went there twice just couldn't find it anymore.
        I just ordered my Lumtec, waiting impatiently for it to arrive. I've seen the current pieces, looks quite good and priced decently.

I owned a Magrette (NZ brand), quality is there also, packaging is awesome.

Cheers

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

If you're referring to those brands that whenever you mentioned to your fellow workmates or even relatives...and their reply is "see mee lai ehh?(what's that again?)"...

STEINHART(@ Gnomon or STEINHART online)
          OLLECH n WAJs(@ Gnomon to what i know)
          ARCHMIEDE(@ Gnomon or other websites which i don't know)
          ARISTO(@ Gnomon which i only know)
          LACO(@ de-timekeeper.com which i only know)
          STOWA(@ STOWA online website which i only know)
          KADLOO(Champion Times @ the BENCOOLEN)
          UHR(@ UHR.info which i only know)
          ...and others more to mention...

Personally i'm more towards value than brand... so my collection of SANDOZ divers is growing...

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            such brands are usually harder to find in shops (if any) locally. need to really keep eyes open. however, im not sure which shops sell them.

there are quite a number of watch repair shop in toa payoh. are you referring to the one @ block 183 near the library? the shop has ceased operations. however, if you need the watch technician contact number, you may pm me.
            The uncle @ Blk 183 is still there. Shop name Joo Chiat watch, is not noticeable. Hwvr unit nbr is #01-288.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post
              If you're referring to those brands that whenever you mentioned to your fellow workmates or even relatives...and their reply is "see mee lai ehh?(what's that again?)"...

Personally i'm more towards value than brand... so my collection of SANDOZ divers is growing...
              You have forgotten to add Dievas..one of my favorite brand of all time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by franciz View Post
                The uncle @ Blk 183 is still there. Shop name Joo Chiat watch, is not noticeable. Hwvr unit nbr is #01-288.
                not this one. it is another shop. interestingly is joo chiat in toa payoh. will check it out
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hi I am referring to the one called cabin time or something. Has he moved ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed.YEO View Post

I saw a friend of mine who brought a a Steinhart online and I find it really interesting and I wanted to know more of other similar brands. Thanks for the list.

Comment

Originally posted by watchknight View Post
                      Hi I am referring to the one called cabin time or something. Has he moved ?
                      It has closed down, according to reliable sources.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

not this one. it is another shop. interestingly is joo chiat in toa payoh. will check it out
                        This uncle is damn good with nimble hands & good skills and a qualified watch repair cert dated somewhere 1974. However he has got a weird temper.

Comment

I second a Stowa as well. The long wait time for an order makes it elusive and cherished.

Comment

I am a big fan of Magrette and Lum Tec, quality time pieces for a reasonable price. To top it off, excellent customer service from the watch makers themselves!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X