Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mind to share how much you paid for your watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind to share how much you paid for your watch?

Or "What's the damage?"

Everything once in a while I get PM asking about how much I paid for a certain watch that I posted in the forum. Sometimes it could even be due to that I have updated my WTB thread as "watch found".

While I appreciate that these fellow members are sensitive enough to not ask that question openly on my threads, often I hesitate in revealing the price to someone I do not know personally, knowing that I am such a flipper. In the beginning I used to happily shared the price of a bargain I got, only to realise later that it got a bit tricky when it was time to sell, when you know some guy(s) out there who has had an interest in your watch know your price (cost). And you know how fast info can get shared in a community like this

Does anyone has the same experience and concerns as I do, and how do you deal with such situation?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

I leave the figure broad, say I just bought a watch for 5.5k and posted some pics of it and someone asks me how much I said paid, I usually just say 5kish. Then if a few weeks later I get sick of it and want to offload it, there isnt really a solid figure for pple to work upon.
    My Tumblr
    -------------------
    http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
      I leave the figure broad, say I just bought a watch for 5.5k and posted some pics of it and someone asks me how much I said paid, I usually just say 5kish. Then if a few weeks later I get sick of it and want to offload it, there isnt really a solid figure for pple to work upon.
      That's a good way to deal with it. But let's say in your case, the "market price" is 6k+ close to 7k for one of similar age/condition meaning you've got a good deal, would you still want to say 5kish?
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

just stick to selling price, but of cos can nego

Comment

Wah...erh thats a tough one...but I would probably be more evasive and respond with something like "Market rate is 6kish" I wouldnt feel obliged to let any random person know I got a good deal

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          That's a good way to deal with it. But let's say in your case, the "market price" is 6k+ close to 7k for one of similar age/condition meaning you've got a good deal, would you still want to say 5kish?
          My Tumblr
          -------------------
          http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

I would prefer to just say that I paid the current market rate for it even though it may not be the truth.

Comment

Don't worry guys. I always tell the truth
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i am not a buy-sell watch type of person. i usually dont reveal the price of the watch i paid for due to sensitivity of the issue. usually i say market rate to most people who im not acquainted with. for those whom i know, i usually say a good price or a price that i cant refuse.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X