Help...!! I'm poisoned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...!! I'm poisoned.

There should be a warning that watch collecting is addictive! (or there is already one which I missed?)

I've just bought a IWC about a week ago... and now I'm already reading up on my next timepiece (a Panerai, I hope). Looks like my paychecks will soon be used to fund this deadly addictive watch-collecting hobby.... haha!

Anyway, chanced upon the following Panerai wallpapers (1280*8xx) while doing some google-ing on the Net earlier. Thought just share with all the Panerai fans out there...

Luminor Submersible 1

Luminor Marina

Luminor Submersible 2

Marina Militare

Seriously, you are in trouble ..
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by icy.mint View Post
      There should be a warning that watch collecting is addictive! (or there is already one which I missed?)

I've just bought a IWC about a week ago... and now I'm already reading up on my next timepiece (a Panerai, I hope). Looks like my paychecks will soon be used to fund this deadly addictive watch-collecting hobby.... haha!

Anyway, chanced upon the following Panerai wallpapers (1280*8xx) while doing some google-ing on the Net earlier. Thought just share with all the Panerai fans out there...

Luminor Submersible 1

Luminor Marina

Luminor Submersible 2

Marina Militare
      So...which of those are your wallpapers for your phone and your com? Hehehe

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

wow all are nice!! but i prefer pam 312 lol!!
        Roger Dubuis Aquamare
        Frank Muller MasterSquare
        Pam 183
        Pam 176
        Cartier Carbon Chrono xl

Comment

Welcome to the poison world.
          Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

only solution is vitamin M. no other antidote available.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

And it all begins ..... Muhahahaha .......

Comment

Thanks to all for your replies. They are so... erm... "reassuring"

Wonder how you guys build immunity to fight these highly contagious "infection"? Would a GE-style "24-hr cooling-off period" works? hahaha...

Comment

Set yourself a target or theme....and stick to it.

Some people set a target of 5 pieces (ie. 1 dress, 1 sports...) or (1 Rolex, 1 IWC, 1 Pam...)

Some people go for theme....(sports, base, titanium)

The joy is in searching and finding...not just buying! (Saying is easy but doing it is hard...same for me).

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

Some people set a target of 5 pieces (ie. 1 dress, 1 sports...) or (1 Rolex, 1 IWC, 1 Pam...)

The joy is in searching and finding...not just buying! (Saying is easy but doing it is hard...same for me).
                    Setting the theme is easy - I have done it so many times! The problem is to stick to it.
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Luminor Submersible 1

Luminor Marina

Luminor Submersible 2

Marina Militare
                      Welcome to the "dark" side......... to be honest, I also had this problem. :P

The most impt is to curb your desires. You can never get all the watches in the world which you wanna. And once you own this current piece, you are thinking for the next collection again, and this cycle will juz go on and on and on. For the good side of this addiction, at least there are some values when you decided to sell them in the future.

Like some of the bros suggested, set yourself a theme........ although it might or might not work, and to some of the themes could be very expensive.

For me, I am quite a rugged guy, so my theme will be into sporty collection. But I dun deny I got one or two dressy watches for dinners and functions. Juz to share, the latest poison I had is PAM sub 25, still trying to fight from it.

To the world of no returns.................

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post

Sound & interesting advice there, for a newbies like me..... thanks, bro KuchingKu.

Looks like I might need to do some self-reflection before acquiring my next timepiece.

Agree totally with you on your last statement

Comment

i think those who have seek opinion or advice from me about achieving your watch collection in the past. KuchingKu has already advise on setting theme.

however, for cooling period, i suggest a 3 month cooling period. this is because at the end of the 3 months, if you still like the watch then the watch is what you looking for.

as mentioned by pegasi, sticking to the set of rules is the hardest part.

my suggestion is start with either a rolexcollection. why? this is because the resale value is slightly better than the rest if there is. rolex is probably the only brand that caters for young and old, male and female, different ages and different personality. for the typical ah pek, there is always the 6694, full gold day date/dj. for the female, there is always the DJ model. for the younger ones, there is always the sports model. for those who likes gold and diamond, there is also a model available.

more importantly, price can start from a mid 1.5k onwards. i can think of a brand that allow an individual that has the price range(hopefully) and models to purchase @ each different stage.

Wonder how you guys build immunity to fight these highly contagious "infection"? Would a GE-style "24-hr cooling-off period" works? hahaha...
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

immunity? after u do a spreadsheet on how much u spend and maybe flipped/upgrade yt collection....you'll automatically build up an immunity..
                            I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                            A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                            Audemars Piguet ROO
                            Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                            De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                            Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                            IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                            Panerai 270
                            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                            Rolex 116610LV
                            Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

IMHO, the product families from each brand has the unique characteristics of their own e.g. Panerai's gigantic success with their large watches, IWC that favours precision engineering over style (not that their watches are not stylish), etc.

To help me with my target setting, I have created a poll to get a sense of the extent of luxury watch collection amongst sroc members. Hope that all could support....

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/68753-...072#post453072

Thanks in advance

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X