Auto Battery and Charging System Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Battery and Charging System Analyzer

Any brother here has used such a gadget? Is it useful? Saw it at self fix... 9 bucks only.

http://peaceful.manufacturer.globals...-Batteries.htm
    Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
    Tag Heuer WN2111

any reason why you want to get?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

saw it 9 bucks only so bought it. The results for the battery while the car is running not so good. so want to know whether this gadget is accurate or not.
      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Auto Battery & Charging System Analyzer aka Car Battery Charger

One day, you go start your car and find that the engine won't crank because the battery is dead. Now what? You call someone to help you jump start it. Your car moves and you are happy running your daily errands.

The next day when you start your car again, and the same thing happens. So what’s wrong?

Your car battery is DEAD!!!

The Auto Battery and Charging System Analyzer will prevent this. Get one today!!!

I sound like a commercial right???

Actually, this thingy is just a simple Car Battery Tester. The name given very chim, sound like very high-tech!

Battery Voltage & Charge Status
        12.68v - 100% (You’re happy like jaws)
        12.45v - 75% (Start checking for best Car Battery prices)
        12.24v - 50% (Drive without boom-boom music and air-con)
        12.06v - 25% (You’re in deep sh!t)
        11.89v - 0% (You’re stationery already)

Nowadays, most car batteries are maintenance-free (sealed) type so you can’t check if there’s enough battery water in each cell. The Battery Tester helps you monitor the state of charge right inside your car without opening the hood!

Circuit Diagram

cheers!
        Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
        • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
        • Montre de MarQue
        • Etoile D'Or
        • Hotel Indonesia
        • Glory Time
        • The Watch-Collector
        • Time Palace
        • The Swiss Connection
        • M Baker
        • Maurice Lacroix
        • Time Marques
        • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Save your money, buy a multimeter. More uses too! .

Although most batteries are sold as maintenance free, it doesnt hurt to pop the bonnet every so often (weekly for me ) to check oils, fluids, coolant, battery, etc.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

as mentioned, maintenance free battery is easier to use. also life span is about 2 years.

i service my car every 10km, my mechanic will inform me if there is any issue with the car. i trust my mechanic, he is not one who say this spoil or that spoil must change. whatever can re-use, he will. he will also keep the change parts.

it also pays to notice any changes in car. like couple of months back, he told me battery condition not good need to change. however that day dont have the physical size of battery with the right capacity in stock, say have to order. after that 2 weeks later, noticed that cranking up the car is abit 'harder' so send in to change.

likewise, there are those tyre pressure gauge. i think it is not necessary. this is because every 2 weeks, when i go pump petrol, i will just go pump air inside the tyre. more important check tyre pressure for spare tyre. the last thing you need is when you need it, there is not enough air.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              ...likewise, there are those tyre pressure gauge. i think it is not necessary. this is because every 2 weeks, when i go pump petrol, i will just go pump air inside the tyre. more important check tyre pressure for spare tyre. the last thing you need is when you need it, there is not enough air.
              do you mean those automatic tyre pressures gauges that rely on sensors in the valve to relay the pressure back to a lcd panel mounted on the dash? or those old school analog gauges?

i have one shaped like a pen, and that i also test weekly in the morning when the tyres are cold.

as you have brought up the issue of spare tyre, it definitely helps to rotate the spare tyre too. esp for those who do long distance driving, you dont want a tyre that is too old to be the spare, as rubber can degrade over time.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

trition, every 10km or every 10,000km? it means each time I drive to workshop, must service liao leh... wakaka...
                Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by kennyleow View Post
                  trition, every 10km or every 10,000km? it means each time I drive to workshop, must service liao leh... wakaka...
                  haha. typo. too early in the morning. 10k km. miss out the k.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

analog type.

changing spare is ok for those car using standard rim. not for those using after market ones.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                    do you mean those automatic tyre pressures gauges that rely on sensors in the valve to relay the pressure back to a lcd panel mounted on the dash? or those old school analog gauges?

i have one shaped like a pen, and that i also test weekly in the morning when the tyres are cold.

as you have brought up the issue of spare tyre, it definitely helps to rotate the spare tyre too. esp for those who do long distance driving, you dont want a tyre that is too old to be the spare, as rubber can degrade over time.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

ya true to say also. Must check tyre pressure regularly. Especially the spare one. Unless you sign up with those AA, then any problem just call them to make your membership worthwhile.
                      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

BTW, i just sent my car to workshop. They confirmed battery cannot make it liaoz...so the gadget is indeed accurate.
                        Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                        Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Originally posted by ten10 View Post
                          One day, you go start your car and find that the engine won't crank because the battery is dead. Now what? You call someone to help you jump start it. Your car moves and you are happy running your daily errands.

The next day when you start your car again, and the same thing happens. So what’s wrong?

Your car battery is DEAD!!!

The Auto Battery and Charging System Analyzer will prevent this. Get one today!!!
                          the modern battery doesn't normally prevent your car from starting without warning.

usually you will get get hints from your car... eg, there may be some difficulty in starting the car... not sparking or turning properly...

at this time, you should have it checked by your regular mechanic and they can usually tell you what needs to be changed.

but you're right... even AA may not be able to tell you accurately if it's the battery or not BECAUSE they are not the mechanics that usually take care of your car.

and as triton said, these things have a limited life span and when it's time to change... you'll know.

also, it pays to note that all liquids in the car (including sealed batteries) should be changed at recommended intervals.

but since it's only $9.... no harm in buying one for the fun of it or for preventive maintenance!
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                            the modern battery doesn't normally prevent your car from starting without warning.

usually you will get get hints from your car... eg, there may be some difficulty in starting the car... not sparking or turning properly...

at this time, you should have it checked by your regular mechanic and they can usually tell you what needs to be changed.

but you're right... even AA may not be able to tell you accurately if it's the battery or not BECAUSE they are not the mechanics that usually take care of your car.

and as triton said, these things have a limited life span and when it's time to change... you'll know.

also, it pays to note that all liquids in the car (including sealed batteries) should be changed at recommended intervals.

but since it's only $9.... no harm in buying one for the fun of it or for preventive maintenance!
                            personally, if you are the sole driver of the car, you will know subtle changes in the way the engine turns over. to those who are not familar, next time take notice how many cycles are needed to turn the engine over; then, when you install the brand new battery, the cycle is so much shorter.

you dont have to count how many sounds come from the engine, just the way the car responds in certain situations.
                            Blue 6694
                            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X