Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
    Omega Constellation 168.045 - 368.845
    Omega Constellation 168.059 - 368.0852
    Omega Speedmaster Automatic (“Reduced”) 3510.50.00
    Omega Planet Ocean Big Size 2208.50.00
    Omega Railmaster XXL 2806.52.37
    Tag Heuer WN2111

why leh?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

want to ask what engine oil they are using. Triton, maybe you want to create a section for cars?
      Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
      Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

I only see engine oil as mineral or synthetic.

Don't see significant difference for "normal" car driver like me. Super synthetic or normal synthetic.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

cant remember what im using, but was discussing with a friend synthetic vs mineral engine oil. who uses which varient? personally, i just use mineral oil; but change every 6000 kms. just diy at home.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            cant remember what im using, but was discussing with a friend synthetic vs mineral engine oil. who uses which varient? personally, i just use mineral oil; but change every 6000 kms. just diy at home.
            Used to DIY oil change for my first car. But oil filter change and disposal of waste oil is quite a hassle.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

oil filter is recyclable in my part of town. as for oil, the council here allows us to bottle it up and put it in the household bin.

as long as i dont pour it down the drain its all good.

i believe for people who are lazy to change or dont service regularily, using synthetic oils might be better. having said that, its harder to convince car n00bs to use synthetic, esp when its like 3x the price of mineral
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

after first flush, use synthetic. no difference in brands.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

ok. thanks.
                  Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                  Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

oil filter is recyclable in my part of town. as for oil, the council here allows us to bottle it up and put it in the household bin.

as long as i dont pour it down the drain its all good.

i believe for people who are lazy to change or dont service regularily, using synthetic oils might be better. having said that, its harder to convince car n00bs to use synthetic, esp when its like 3x the price of mineral
                    Not easy to dispose here. Oil filter can buy from supplier cheaply.

I believe most people go for synthetic here as it's "better". Also when service at agent it's not even 2x difference.

Big difference when DIY.

For non performance car no significant difference in performance to me.

I use synthetic now. Ratings no big issue as weather is never cold and my car don't burn rubber on Tarmac.

Comment

Hi Bros!

Altis driver for the past 3 years.

Personally I feel that using Synthetic oil on Singapore Roads would be much better. Mineral Oil will harm your engine in the long run according to the car garage.

I change my synthetic oil and oil filter every 10,000KMs. I can get 1 bottle 4L of original Lexus Mineral Oil for less than 50bucks and about 5bucks for the oil filter. Bring your oil to the mechanic for a small reasonable sum for the changes and disposal.

My 2005 1.8L Altis can run for about 550kms per full tank of petrol. Comparing my cousin's altis with mineral oil can only run about 300++kms per full tank of petrol.

You may also like to join an altis forum called www.altisgrp.com for more information.

Bro Kenny, you send your car to Borneo Motors for servicing or other places?

Richard.
                      :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
                      [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
                      Day-Date
                      OysterDate
                      Submariner
                      GMT Master
                      Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

impact on mileage is primarily based on 2 main factors plus others.

first depends on driving conditions, if mainly city driving aka many start/stop situation compared to expressway driving where it is constantly light traffic and/or minimal start/stop. the distance done for many start/stop situations will definitely be lower compared to less start/stop.

second, it is driver's style. if driver is heavy right foot, mileage will be lower compared to lighter right foot.

i use mainly 0w40. sometimes 5w.

click here for a generic read on engine oil

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                          Not easy to dispose here. Oil filter can buy from supplier cheaply.

I believe most people go for synthetic here as it's "better". Also when service at agent it's not even 2x difference.

Big difference when DIY.

For non performance car no significant difference in performance to me.

I use synthetic now. Ratings no big issue as weather is never cold and my car don't burn rubber on Tarmac.
                          so that means mineral oil, got very big margins in singapore i should buy from wholesaler next time. 25L drums works out much cheaper.

just curious anyone know how much is oil filter in sg? currently using original toyota stock, at last check price in oz was almost $25

I'm not sure engine oil will make that much of a difference in regards to fuel consumption, there is definitely other factors involved, such as, air intake, driving style, driving pattern, tyres and the air level, etc
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

so that means mineral oil, got very big margins in singapore i should buy from wholesaler next time. 25L drums works out much cheaper.

just curious anyone know how much is oil filter in sg? currently using original toyota stock, at last check price in oz was almost $25

I'm not sure engine oil will make that much of a difference in regards to fuel consumption, there is definitely other factors involved, such as, air intake, driving style, driving pattern, tyres and the air level, etc
                            Bro Seiko, parts cost and labour cost for servicing in Perth killed me during my student days last time All I can say its very expensive.

To my memory, the last time I bought my oil filter in Sg costs me less than 10bucks.
                            :bounce: [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"]The importance of Fine Timepieces that keeps track of my time[/SIZE][/FONT] :bounce:

[U][B]Personal Favourties[/B][/U]:-
                            [B][COLOR="green"]DateJust
                            Day-Date
                            OysterDate
                            Submariner
                            GMT Master
                            Explorer I / II[/COLOR][/B]

Please visit: [url]www.dongfangrichard.com[/url] for more information!

Comment

richard,

my is a 06 Altis. Go to those workshop at Petrol station. Not Borneo. Borneo quite ex leh. If you read some forum, a lot of times, your car will be handled by newbiz, then confirm by old bird. There was once my friend honda broke down in Melaka, we manage to drive it slowly like a snail to the orignal honda workshop.

We saw the entire process. New birds did the dirty work, old birds confirmed the work.
                              Enicar Sherpa 147 R.I.P.
                              Tag Heuer WN2111

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X