No announcement yet.

incident with amsterdam customs regarding rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

have paperwork from the first encounter ready too!
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

should i really hide the watch? it will be detected thru e x ray scanner anyway right? and in my opinion it will be even more suspicious if i hide it intentionally. i think i will probably just put it in my pocket. advisable?

Comment

if you're really apprehensive, wear a long sleeve shirt and put the other watch in your carry on bag. i do that sometimes and never had a problem - some people take off their watches before going through the x-ray machine.

the person that wands you will (usually) be different from the person that looks at the x-ray screen. one watch is okay.

i don't think your watch will trigger off the x-ray machine and even if the machine goes off, the person will just wand your body and make sure it's a watch, not bullets, strapped on your wrist.

whatever the case, have your paperwork ready just in case you get in trouble again.
        “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

good advise bro taxico. many thanks. yes i will keep the paperwork in my pockets for sure. just hope they dont victimize me for disputing this claim by writing to my embassy. THAT'S what im afraid of. gives me the chills when i think of that.

Comment

If you are not in any wrong doing, no need to be afraid. Just relax and go thru those customs, you're carrying a watch belongs to you, not a bomb... relax... cheers!

Originally posted by redneckk View Post
            good advise bro taxico. many thanks. yes i will keep the paperwork in my pockets for sure. just hope they dont victimize me for disputing this claim by writing to my embassy. THAT'S what im afraid of. gives me the chills when i think of that.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X