Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliber View Post
    http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/10/...eakers-corner/

wif more young getting higher education plus foreign influence, mre is yet to come. mark tis words, wait n see it happen in SINGAPORE!!
    Then you should peach not educating people, shuting people from Internet, telling poeple to listen to everything the ruler says....

Wait a minute, are you advocating that Singapore should follow North Korea's model?

Haha.

Comment

http://theonlinecitizen.com/2008/10/...eakers-corner/

wif more young getting higher education plus foreign influence, mre is yet to come. mark tis words, wait n see it happen in SINGAPORE!!
      no worries...close the country up like North Korea and set up "re-education" camps. Sure your youth would "learn" the lessons.

Hope you are not staying in any opposition ward. Go to your MP and have them bring this up in the first parliament meeting.

you'll be touted as a hero and bring glory to all.

1000 years glory to the all great dynasty

Comment

i m saddened by tis many neg tots abt te pple who hve brot economic stability, wealth, peace n racial n religious harmony 2 tis little island. just so sad. i hope te many of u here r nt sing citizens or UNGRATE will b very appropriate 2 call u. ask ur parents abt sing in their era, 1940-50-60-70-80. ask them compare wif current. u hve never lived thru economic n social turmoils when some countries r still experiencing nw. u can dress well, buy, own n talk expensive watches, cars, houses, travels, many many other luxury hobbies n u all talk like tat

i think te major mistake te govt hve done is 2 enable u pple 2 study so high 2 te extent tat tis higher educated pple will return to bite them. if sing hve nt created an environment wealthy n peaceful enuf 2 c thru ur parents' livelihood 4 u 2 b well educated here or abroad, u tink many of u here can afford 2 live te way u r living? do u feel unsafe if ur son/dotter goes out/come home late night or wee hrs of morn? do u feel unsafe 2 park ur expensive car anywhere in sing? do u hve gangsters or mobsters coming 2 harass u 4 protectn $$$? dare u leave ur expensive hse empty 2 go for long expensive traveling? do u c, hear, feel n sometimes get hurt/victimized by pple protesting in te streets almost daily 4 even te smallest issue?

wat is our young coming 2?
        Yes, most people agree. PAP in the past has shape Singapore into what it is today. The sons of Singapore are nothing without PAP, who nurture them.

However, there might be quality people out there who might not be keen to join PAP due to many factors. Hence, we need to have opposition to force them into thinking out of the box to recruit the best people for the interest of the people and nation. Frankly, the quality in the PAP camp is all written on the wall over the past 5-10 years. Analyst said that the national average could have been in the 50-ish % had it not been the apology issued by the PAP Gen-Sec. The 60.1% gained might just save their otherwise watershed campaign.

The capture of Aljunied GRC is serve as "a taste of your own medicine". Low Thia Kiang and company will just too good to reject by the voters in Aljunied.

Now I wonder how they going to attend every funeral wake in the GRC because that's what Low did for Hougang SMC. Singaporeans are not stupid. They know what is quality. Pritam Singh, Ms Sylvia Lim, Mr Chen Show Mao and Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap will have a big territory to please. Else it will be back to full PAP parliament in 2016.

Lastly, MM LEE cannot watch over us forever, and what if one day the well oiled main party fail to function perfectly like today?
        I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
          Yes, most people agree. PAP in the past has shape Singapore into what it is today. The sons of Singapore are nothing without PAP, who nurture them.

However, there might be quality people out there who might not be keen to join PAP due to many factors. Hence, we need to have opposition to force them into thinking out of the box to recruit the best people for the interest of the people and nation. Frankly, the quality in the PAP camp is all written on the wall over the past 5-10 years. Analyst said that the national average could have been in the 50-ish % had it not been the apology issued by the PAP Gen-Sec. The 60.1% gained might just save their otherwise watershed campaign.

The capture of Aljunied GRC is serve as "a taste of your own medicine". Low Thia Kiang and company will just too good to reject by the voters in Aljunied.

Now I wonder how they going to attend every funeral wake in the GRC because that's what Low did for Hougang SMC. Singaporeans are not stupid. They know what is quality. Pritam Singh, Ms Sylvia Lim, Mr Chen Show Mao and Mr Muhamad Faisal Abdul Manap will have a big territory to please. Else it will be back to full PAP parliament in 2016.

Lastly, MM LEE cannot watch over us forever, and what if one day the well oiled main party fail to function perfectly like today?
          If he is not ard, you ungrateful people will regret and repent.... you have forgotten how far we have come...ungrateful ingrates!!

Good decision people of potong pasir...you won a fresh coat of paint for your void decks...those staying in Aljunid...welcome to the slums!

Comment

seriously, how many ppl still believe that lau lee, the most disconnected of the disconnected, is still playing a major role on how we live our lives... i just don't buy into the cult of personality that ppl play up often...

for the ppl who lives in serangoon gardens, thumbs up to you... only now would your outgoing MPs realise that their decision has consequences... and when the ppl talk, they should listen... let that be a lesson to all MPs, on either sides of the fence...

Comment

Originally posted by TanWL View Post
              Just my tot . I find that this time round the WP is selfish to contest with George Yeo and cause s'pore as a whole to lose a good states man. There are other GRCs which they can & should go to. Both are good man which majority of people won't want to lose but there can only be one. So I guess they chose WP as there are no other Opp that is as good as him and the rest is history. I wonder how much tot is for self and how much is for s'pore as a whole. Just my tot
              actually according to the counting agents.. george yeo was losing in his own division in aljunied grc.. all 5 divisions in aljunied grc only gotta less than 40 plus % of the votes.. 12k vote difference is not consider marginal..

and this ong ye kung is wearing a submariner or deep-sea.. up lorry even before he managed to step into the parliament..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                actually according to the counting agents.. george yeo was losing in his own division in aljunied grc.. all 5 divisions in aljunied grc only gotta less than 40 plus % of the votes.. 12k vote difference is not consider marginal..

and this ong ye kung is wearing a submariner or deep-sea.. up lorry even before he managed to step into the parliament..
                That ex chief of army guy wears a plastic casio. Do you think he is much better or poorer than ong yk? In case like this, I find ong yk less pretentious....especially when the ex-coa was given a saf Hamilton when he left.

Comment

u pple may nt understand but tings dont happen naturally or easy. 2 b able 2 breathe, talk n walk te air out here in sing is something tat immense hard work n sacrifices by those who r responsible hve done, n doing it ovr many many yrs, even nw. tis, i say, DO NOT come naturally. recent world economic crisis 4 example. did we do well? hve we not recovered, or recover faster than many others? is te crisis our doing?

its so very disappointing tat te now generatn hs deteriorated 2 such an extent n i fear te next. wat will become of ur children if u r tinking like tat? i can oni
                  gratitude is not servitude

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                    That ex chief of army guy wears a plastic casio. Do you think he is much better or poorer than ong yk? In case like this, I find ong yk less pretentious....especially when the ex-coa was given a saf Hamilton when he left.
                    that coa is a joker lej.. anyone agrees please kee chiu..

Comment

Originally posted by estrangable View Post
                      If he is not ard, you ungrateful people will regret and repent.... you have forgotten how far we have come...ungrateful ingrates!!

Good decision people of potong pasir...you won a fresh coat of paint for your void decks...those staying in Aljunid...welcome to the slums!
                      Come on bro, every human being go thru the stage of "BIRTH", "GROWTH", "SICK" & "DEATH"... He will die one day... U got anything to prevent that? I think u r not being logically now...

Comment

Originally posted by deslene View Post
                        Come on bro, every human being go thru the stage of "BIRTH", "GROWTH", "SICK" & "DEATH"... He will die one day... U got anything to prevent that? I think u r not being logically now...
                        ya lah.. no amount of engineering can prevent death one.. LHL has to stand on his own.. he apologised and ppl gave him a chance.. no more 2nd chance for him..

Comment

Singapore has indeed come a long way to where it is now. N I wont take away the credit what our founders have done for us... Without them, we wont have running water when we turn on the tap, no lights when we switch on the power.. But THERE ARE SINGAPOREANS here in Singapore that dun hv that... All of us here in this forum, I would say have enough $$$ to go into luxury items like Rolex watches... But they are Singaporeans that r forgotten by our Gov... They r so poor that they dun hv meals (or even meal)... Those policies that the Gov produced are only to help people of higher income. We live in a very small country but look at our population? Dun u think its seriously over-crowded? For those who stay in landed property, drive big cars, dun u even spare a thoughts for our fellow friends here in Singapore? It is the frustrations that made people complaint. When u feel injustification was done to u, u keep quiet abt it? We can go on n on abt politics, becos there will never be right or wrong answers to every policy they amde. But what we are asking for is for the Gov to serve us, n not we serving them by increasing all our expenses, then of cos we will hv to work till we die. But wait, how abt our CPF? Oh, we wont be able too see them becos they will always come up with new rules n policies... Just spare a thought for our fellow Singaporeans who are less fortunate than us...

Comment

Good decision people of potong pasir...you won a fresh coat of paint for your void decks...those staying in Aljunied...welcome to the slums!
                            Nobody is being ungrateful here. : )
                            I own a Rolex !

Comment

I could help but read Caliber's post I don't even know why so many people bothered to reply to that drivel of a post...I got one word in response to that - 'pathetic'!

Comment

If a fresh coat of paint is what u desire, my friend, I think i can still afford to buy a few tins to splash on ur cars n house... Having a Gov is not just abt having a fresh coat of paint for ur block, its abt having someone whom we can trust n rely on... If for someone who cant even admit his own mistakes, can we depend on him? Investment is a risk no doubt. But when investment fails, we shd be informed. N not just delay our CPF withdrawal just to cover their mistakes. Nobody said they cant invest our money, but like everywhere else, when a project failed, the person in charge got to face the music. But do PAP do that? When MS escaped, the money used to make the banners, posters, advs were all from us, the taxpayers' money. Its not from the Minster who did the mistake... So pls people, stop living in the past... look out of the box that PAP has been keeping us in...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X