No announcement yet.

In a dilema : continue to suffer or regret to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehe....i see Bro DW JLC reverso oso can lau nua nia....swee....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      My watch funds still remain as zero til date..hahaha...u r lucky Bro Watcha

What...you Fool Mee har?

I then funds at zero ok.

Go bro Triton.....talk today cooling day to think clearly. Tomorrow decide wisely.

Comment

A strory about watermelon

Let me share a story about watermelon...

A man who visited a watermelon plantation was given a chance by the owner to pick a watermelon of his choice from the plantation. The only condition was that he cannot turn back to pick the watermelon that he passes up.

And so the man set off from one side of the plantation hoping to pick a very big watermelon. Along the way he saw many big watermelons but he believed there were much bigger ones out there. Somewhere at the middle of his jorney, he ran into a really huge watermelon unlike anything he had seen before. He stopped, stared at it and pondered for a long time. And then he looked up to the borderless plantation and convinced himself that there were sure to be even bigger ones out there, and that he would regret if he chose the one right in front of him. And so he moved on, and on. The same situation repeated a few times, and each time he congratulated himself for not making the wrong decision earlier, and moved on. Before he realised, he had reached the other side of the plantation.

He did not pick up the biggest watermelon. He did not even pick up the second or third biggest watermelon. In fact he got nothing.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Great story Bro Pegasi!!!!
          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thank you bro feilong.

Can someone tell me the morale of the story...?
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

If C is good enough, don't wait for D E F G.
              In the end A also don't get.
              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                If C is good enough, don't wait for D E F G.
                In the end A also don't get.
                AA also dun have..left with the loyal 5 brothers?

Triton - what's stopping you from buying past 10 years and what's the regret if you buy? Has your circumstances changed over the past 10 years or will it change by the 2016 election?
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

wah seh... 10+ years leh. U have real good patience... hahaha...

Btw, the price for today and the price 10years back, same? If increased, u wan to pay more 10years later??

U still like the same watch after 10years = u like it very very much leh. Why will regret if buy? To me, i will only regret if I buy something impulse that i not really like.

Comment

to still have feelings for a particular watch brand and model for a period of 10 years. its really amazing. I believe you were the one who adviced on the 6 mth cooling period as well as saying that we should wait for the watch to come to you rather than gg out to hunt for one? This tells me that you are not someone who rushes into things. I think if you do proceed to spend on this watch, its def something that you have already considered carefully.

However, after reading your post and comparing with the advice that you post, I have this nagging feeling about you actually purchasing the watch.

From the way you phase your sentences,just my assumption, no offence intended, I feel that you are having doubts that it might be an impulse purchase as you had originally somethign else in mind with that cash in the near future. On one hand, you already have plans, on the other hand, you are afraid that this is a good chance that once missed, might not come again.

In addition, since you mentioned potential regret if you proceed to buy. I have a feeling its not regret from actually owning the watch, but is the opportunity cost of something else. Althou I do not know what regret u will have, but I think it must be something substantial enough to make you step back and ponder even tho its a 10 year dream watch. If thats the case, my advice is, don buy.

Sometimes in life, we just need to take a step back and realise that we cant have everything that we want. once we accept this, life is sometimes simpler . Maybe some dreams stay more beautiful if they do not ever materialise.

cheers!
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                      Thank you bro feilong.

Can someone tell me the morale of the story...?
                      pick up all the big melon?

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        to still have feelings for a particular watch brand and model for a period of 10 years. its really amazing. I believe you were the one who adviced on the 6 mth cooling period as well as saying that we should wait for the watch to come to you rather than gg out to hunt for one? This tells me that you are not someone who rushes into things. I think if you do proceed to spend on this watch, its def something that you have already considered carefully.

However, after reading your post and comparing with the advice that you post, I have this nagging feeling about you actually purchasing the watch.

From the way you phase your sentences,just my assumption, no offence intended, I feel that you are having doubts that it might be an impulse purchase as you had originally somethign else in mind with that cash in the near future. On one hand, you already have plans, on the other hand, you are afraid that this is a good chance that once missed, might not come again.

In addition, since you mentioned potential regret if you proceed to buy. I have a feeling its not regret from actually owning the watch, but is the opportunity cost of something else. Althou I do not know what regret u will have, but I think it must be something substantial enough to make you step back and ponder even tho its a 10 year dream watch. If thats the case, my advice is, don buy.

Sometimes in life, we just need to take a step back and realise that we cant have everything that we want. once we accept this, life is sometimes simpler . Maybe some dreams stay more beautiful if they do not ever materialise.

cheers!
                        very well said...ehh bro triton is it the same watch you told me?

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          Let me share a story about watermelon...

Before he realised, he had reached the other side of the plantation.

He did not pick up the biggest watermelon. He did not even pick up the second or third biggest watermelon. In fact he got nothing
                          just move on to the next plantation.

don't buy something on impulse, even if it has been ten years.

you may regret it soon after but UNLESS it's rare and unlikely to be available OR available in the like or better condition, you will get over it and still be able to buy it in future. perhaps at an even better price - who knows?

in this world, anything is possible!
                          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Triton, very curious on your 10 year lust. Which is it?

Comment

For me I'd rather buy and regret (can always sell later. At least the wish is fulfilled) than not to buy and regret.

Bu zai hu tian Chang di jiu, zhi zai hu Chen jing yong you.
                              Currently Wearing
                              Rolex 216570

Comment

So got buy or not???

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X