In a dilema : continue to suffer or regret to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In a dilema : continue to suffer or regret to buy

I have been eyeing a for time piece for more than 10 years, each time i get closer i decided not to get it because of the price but this brand has a history to it which is undeniable. Recently i have been offered a good price for this piece. a price that is too good to resist.

i am @ a cross road, do i continue to suffer the agonizing wait again or should i just buy and regret.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

For such a scenario... Go with your heart. Not your brain.

In the drawer
    R 6694 / TH 3000 / R 79240 / R 16610 V / B Aviator / O PO / R 178341 /
    L Pilot Miyota Type-B / G Incursore / FC Healey

NIB Omega Planet Ocean 42mm for sale.

Comment

yeah...buy the watch and wear it...no point regretting in the future...price good...condition good.....can afford....just wack....

Life is way too short for regrets....esp when come to material wants...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        yeah...buy the watch and wear it...no point regretting in the future...price good...condition good.....can afford....just wack...
        x2 nuff said
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I believe when you ask in such manner and in a forum like this, you are highly likely to get "just buy and regret" type of responses. Knowing you, you are a rather decisive and firm person who, in such kind of circumstance, is better to react correctly than some of us. So I'm curious why you are at the crossroad.

It is hard to fathom how an amateur like me can help in any way, especially when it is on a senior/professional watch lover like you . Anyhow, I'll try.

If it is something that you have wanted 10 years ago and still want it 10 years later, it is very likely something that you will continue to go after in the next 10 years or so. How many 10 years do you have left? In this case, to feel regretful after having it is not very likely.

Am I clear enough, Sir?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Mai Tu Liao....Just Do it.

You have spent 10 years waiting, do you want to wait another 5 years.

Now is the time, to exercise your right. Be the change you want to see.

Comment

Reference to my post

Originally posted by Yoda View Post
              For such a scenario... Go with your heart. Not your brain.
              yeah...buy the watch and wear it...no point regretting in the future...price good...condition good.....can afford....just wack....

Life is way too short for regrets....esp when come to material wants...
              Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              x2 nuff said
              Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Mai Tu Liao....Just Do it.

You have spent 10 years waiting, do you want to wait another 5 years.

Now is the time, to exercise your right. Be the change you want to see.
              See what I mean ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Keep it coming.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  I have been eyeing a for time piece for more than 10 years, each time i get closer i decided not to get it because of the price but this brand has a history to it which is undeniable. Recently i have been offered a good price for this piece. a price that is too good to resist.

i am @ a cross road, do i continue to suffer the agonizing wait again or should i just buy and regret.
                  Ur decision not to get this time piece was primarily due to price as stated. So recently, u have been offered a good price and i think that clears the hurdle for owning that watch already.

U have already cleared all those hurdles, now its to the finishing line!
                  The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

With every dollar spent on this obession of ours, there will certainly be a tinge of regret, but I think the worser form of regret is letting a rare piece at a good price slip : )
                    Sweet 16:
                    PP Aquanaut
                    VC Overseas
                    AP ROO Black Themes
                    A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                    Breguet Type XXI
                    Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                    JLC Navy Seals
                    GO Senator 60s
                    GP Laureato
                    Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                    Rolex DSSD
                    IWC Big Pilot
                    Pam 112
                    Omega Ploprof
                    Breitling Super Avenger
                    Glycine F104

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      Don't understand - why if you buy, you will regret?
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

High price to pay, may be ?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I believe it's the high absolute price that you say buy then regret.

My 2 cents that I believe you already know.

1. Can you spare the cash? That you have no immediate use for a while? And won't burn a big hole in your bank.
                          Yes. Can whack

2. If the price you get won't cause you to loose much after flipping. Whack.

3. 99% of people will ask you to whack.

4. I think important factor is liquidity. Regret can cash out.

At one time my bank was wiped to zero courtesy of watches. Haha
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

My watch funds still remain as zero til date..hahaha...u r lucky Bro Watcha
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

My watch funds still remain as zero til date..hahaha...u r lucky Bro Watcha
                              Because you meticulously keep it zero with your nice vintages mah. Keke

I flip flip lost lost. Now have to go slow.
                              See bro kck 5167 just lau nua only haha.
                              Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X