No announcement yet.

Are your V_O_T_E_S a secret?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thinking back, i think aussie voting papers have serial numbers too. yes, they are able to trace, but to trace who voted what is going to be one mammoth task.

for the record i voted for the oz sex party, because they are the only party whose views i support
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I am sure the votes are secret too. Only a corrupt government will know your vote. Because
      the government actually has more to lose if it fails to ensure that the vote is secret.
      legitimacy will be in question and its reputation tarnished locally and internationally.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

That's right... If the Gov is able to know who vote who, then what's the point of voting?

Comment

but supposedly there was this thinking that the gov't will know who you voted for.

it can be done, because when going to vote you will need to surrender DL/IC/Passport, all they need to do is jot down your IC# and the corresponding ballot paper. Whether they will do it or not is another story.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Jot down your IC # and ballot paper, then u go one corner to draw , then drop into the ballot box, then ballot box is sealed. go counting centre, vote counting in the presence of candidates. then count finish sealed with candidates signatures, then store in the vault. then 6 months later burn.
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

it is confirm secret. simple logic. they wont even have enough time to write down which serial no belonging to who and who vote for which party, also with members from both parties present counting the votes, no 1 can copy down which serial no vote party A or B when they r in the process of separating the votes into party A, party B and void votes and they got to announce results soon. all votes including voids votes will be sealed up with Party A and B signatures, any tampering will results in seal been broken. since it been sealed up, they wont wanna break the seal just to find out which particular individual vote for which party. there is nothing to gain as a few individuals wont change the results anyway but alot to lose if they kanna caught. the reasons they can draw boundaries is not because they know who we all vote. they can only estimate the particular area of support because example blk 1 to 30 ppl go this sch to vote, blk 31 to 60 go to that sch vote. i heard until sian liao from many ppl, including highly educated 1. i in civil service, vote oppositions wait i get into trouble. i vote for oppositions wait i cannot work garmen jobs. i vote for oppositions wait i cannot get a flat haha anyway vote for who u think is right, after all your own life including your future generations may depend on what u do this coming May 7

Comment

Ya, so imagine how many civil servants there r in Singapore? All these r the one that scare this scare that. Know how to carry arms but actually no balls to fight for their own right. Sad case in Singapore.

Comment

All these fear seems to root from long ago during my parents' time when people are more ignorant. The more educated people know that voting is secret and the SOP of vote counting will ensure that there is no way for them to pinpoint votes of individual.

For my parents, they had this idea from way back because they saw serial numbers on the slip. strangely, it is only till 2011 that this was picked up by opposition to explain to people the purpose of the serial numbers. Of course the PaP did not bother to explain this cos the misperception is to their advantage.

Just vote with your heart.

Comment

Yes, since there's nothing to fear now, it's time to vote for a change...

Comment

Its quite sad that till these days the fears are still driven deep into many people, including educated people.
                      Proves how effective the fear factor is. Maybe it stems from govt related jobs always have assigned duty to support PAP stuffs.
                      So civil service = PAP.

One of my relative whole family have to vote PAP as they have "no choice". Son in civil service, afraid jeopardize his job.

Well its your right, vote what suits you.
                      If not don't regret if the next 30yrs you got no chance to vote, which many have not voted for 30yrs.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                        Its quite sad that till these days the fears are still driven deep into many people, including educated people.
                        Proves how effective the fear factor is. Maybe it stems from govt related jobs always have assigned duty to support PAP stuffs.
                        So civil service = PAP.

One of my relative whole family have to vote PAP as they have "no choice". Son in civil service, afraid jeopardize his job.

If not don't regret if the next 30yrs you got no chance to vote, which many have not voted for 30yrs.
                        It's a wrong perception that Civil servants must vote for PAP. First, vote is secret. Second, Civil Servants are employed by the government, not the party. The government can be run by PAP or any party or a coalition. Just because PAP has controlled governmet for 50 years does not mean PAP=government.

On the side, I don't even know who my parents/siblings/wife voted for. So those whole family scared are plain ignorant.

Comment

even those in civil service who voted for opposition got pay raise and promotion. i think it all depend on performance and a person luck as it is technically not possible to know individual vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                            So civil service = PAP.

hi bro Watcha, not meant to be rude, do u know if your relative's son career reached new heights? and yes u r correct, in future also dono still have chance to vote or not?

Comment

Singapore is meritocratic!!! and democratic

I own a Rolex !

Comment

Now re listen to this used-to-be-a-goosebump song, doesn't seem so now, does it?

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZzS5rPaZW9w

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X