BEWARE : iPhone and smart phone users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEWARE : iPhone and smart phone users

i believe most of you would have read this article today about us lawmakers asking apple about tracking feature within iphone and ipad

some of you would have also heard me saying to avoid iphone every now and then. why? why the hoo-haa about apple tracking feature.

iphone tracker article

information itself can reveal alot about the user. this is profiling. telcos can already track each mobile device. however, how they store and who can access is controlled. however, if such information is going to be access by a person with malicious intent. how safe are you.

this is because mobile digital forensics could be the next big thing and some of you whom i shared about software erasing tools that i was investigating recently.

what is digital mobile forensics. basically, it is similar to that of a investigators combing through your hdd if there is something to be retrieve.

usually, you would have read the newspapers or seen in crime watch about loan shark operations, illegal horse betting, etc being busted. in your hdd/mobile phone, there is always data in it. there are tools out there that you can use to recover such information which are already deleted on hdd.

however, what is worse is when you lose mobile device? it is not just the inconvenience of having to replace your phone and restoring from your backup. any information that is on your device can be compromised. depending on who pick up your device.

this is why having the ability to remotely erase all contents on your mobile device is important. however, many people are not willing to pay for such apps/sw. think about it, if you use your device for mobile banking, information can be retrieved. then some will say, but there is a 2FA (dongle which generates another password, and sms coming through with another set of password).

dongle is safer. why? because sim card can be cloned also. some of you may be aware that there is the multi-sim feature. this means someone can set another sim card as master and retrieve information.

so, try not to lose your mobile. fall into the wrong hands and it can be disastrous.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Ha. I am one of those still using a old non 3G phone that is not smart. Nothing inside except phone numbers and pictures.

Comment

hehehe..same here...using a dinosaur era Hp still...hehehehehe
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

i was actually able to plot my points on a map using the above software freely available online.

supposedly one way to get around this was to disable locations services on the iphone, and encrypt the backup on the HDD. im not 100% how safe these steps are.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I have seen people without HP. Dunno how they live.

Safest to buy prepaid n phone from 7-11.

It is quite a problem as gadgets gets more advance.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

HTC has a function to lock the phone over the cloud if need to. But then there's always a higher mountain in hackers.

Comment

shouldnt be an excuse anymore with iphone. anyone on iOS 4.2 or later should have "find my iphone" installed and running. hardcore JB'ers like me, still refuse to update to the iOS4.2 version

if im not wrong, findmyiphone can also lock over the cloud.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

having chosen to participate in the digital age, any activity is bound to leave a trail of cookie crumbs...

since i don't engage in loan shark operations or illegal horse betting, i'm not too worried... common sense should prevail, no reason for paranoia...

Comment

this article is meant to create awareness. however, i feel that the intrusion of privacy should not be taken lightly.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

intrusion of privacy isnt limited to just phones. computer and whatnot also subject to potential privacy issues.
                    Blue 6694
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

computer is to a certain extent 'stoppable'.

but for iphone tracking, they did not reveal that they intent to do so. so what are they doing with all the information. i dont mind participating in market survey if im approached. but i wont be pleased if they are profiling me quietly on the side.

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      intrusion of privacy isnt limited to just phones. computer and whatnot also subject to potential privacy issues.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

for those who are itching to increasing the sensitivity of the maps. there is this resource.

How to get the most out of iPhone Tracker on Leopard and how does it impact our privacy

nb: only for mac users. windows users would need to wait.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X