Any experience with toyo tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with toyo tyres?

As above. In particular looking at either the teo plus or the proxes C1S in the 215/60 R16.

Price difference about S$12-13 between the teo plus and the proxes C1S, but i heard the toyo is quite soft which means less overall milage.

i know this isnt exactly the most correct forum, but i dare not go car forum. later they ask me to change a whole heap of things to go along with it, my budget sure kaput.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Teo plus is a improved thead design and deliver more comfort ride. While C1s is more to grip (performance tyres). My regular workshop recommanded the toyo series to my friends after their stock tyres wearing and since, been happy with the price and performance.
    Current:
    Panerai 275 J series
    Rolex GMT2C M series 116710
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2209.50.00
    Planning:
    Rolex Daytona WG 116509

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
      As above. In particular looking at either the teo plus or the proxes C1S in the 215/60 R16.

Price difference about S$12-13 between the teo plus and the proxes C1S, but i heard the toyo is quite soft which means less overall milage.

i know this isnt exactly the most correct forum, but i dare not go car forum. later they ask me to change a whole heap of things to go along with it, my budget sure kaput.
      I'm on toyo888, semi slick tires extremely good for tracking at sepang n pasir gudang, on our road it grips like a magnet to the floor. wet performance average as it is meant for tracks uses. Worn out fast too.
      Rest of the toyo models like u mentioned i not too sure. But toyo received good reviews everywhere.
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
      [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Steffan View Post
        Teo plus is a improved thead design and deliver more comfort ride. While C1s is more to grip (performance tyres). My regular workshop recommanded the toyo series to my friends after their stock tyres wearing and since, been happy with the price and performance.
        i think ill order the C1S and see how i go. afaik, no one in perth has sold them yet. need to indent from japan (or eastern states).

will report back when i get them fitted.

do you know which one your friend fitted on his car?

im tempted to change my rims too but car is one expensive as hell hobby. i think better not get too involved

now change rim, later change brake, then upgrade engine, tyres, exhaust, ICE.... the list never stop. the other day, i just adjusted handbrake on the honda legend, and its a pain in the butt.....

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
        I'm on toyo888, semi slick tires extremely good for tracking at sepang n pasir gudang, on our road it grips like a magnet to the floor. wet performance average as it is meant for tracks uses. Worn out fast too.
        Rest of the toyo models like u mentioned i not too sure. But toyo received good reviews everywhere.
        i dont think the 888s are available in my size im not driving performance car, just my parents saloon car, so semi slicks are not required. 3500cc honda legend, not exactly known for their speed. more of a cruiser car.

i think on those semi slicks, you'd be lucky to get ~20k kms. i havent try such tyre, so i dunno.

currently using elcheapo michelin xm1+ on my camry. its very quiet, and rolling resistance quite decent. cheap too @ A$120/ea (market price about $140/ea) also quite lucky to get the last of the japanese made tyres.

no ah tong tyres on my car sir! which pretty much rules out the pirelli range out. call me old fashioned, but china tyres dont instil confidence in me
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
          I ran a set of R888 before too. It's an all out race tyre. Extremely soft, fast wearing compound. Super noisy on the streets but hey it's a race tyre so can't expect refinement. Very good price too!
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

singapore how much now for the R888? last time i heard in oz, they run about A$400/ea
            Blue 6694
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

singapore how much now for the R888? last time i heard in oz, they run about A$400/ea
              I paid SGD300 for 225/45/17 per pcs. A word of warning, the tyre noise will drive you crazy but the grip is awesome!!
              1 3 5
              ├┼┼╕
              2 4 6 R

Comment

i think ill order the C1S and see how i go. afaik, no one in perth has sold them yet. need to indent from japan (or eastern states).

will report back when i get them fitted.

do you know which one your friend fitted on his car?

im tempted to change my rims too but car is one expensive as hell hobby. i think better not get too involved

now change rim, later change brake, then upgrade engine, tyres, exhaust, ICE.... the list never stop. the other day, i just adjusted handbrake on the honda legend, and its a pain in the butt.....

i dont think the 888s are available in my size im not driving performance car, just my parents saloon car, so semi slicks are not required. 3500cc honda legend, not exactly known for their speed. more of a cruiser car.

i think on those semi slicks, you'd be lucky to get ~20k kms. i havent try such tyre, so i dunno.

currently using elcheapo michelin xm1+ on my camry. its very quiet, and rolling resistance quite decent. cheap too @ A$120/ea (market price about $140/ea) also quite lucky to get the last of the japanese made tyres.

no ah tong tyres on my car sir! which pretty much rules out the pirelli range out. call me old fashioned, but china tyres dont instil confidence in me
                I am on a set of Michelin Pilot Sports 3 now. Grip on the whole is excellent and noise level considered very low for a high performance tyre. Very impressive tyres and I dun mind buying them again for my next set of rubbers. Good pricing too at least in SG. You may wanna try them.
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

michelin production sites based in where now? AFAIK michelin in oz, majority from china; followed by thailand. vary rare to get the european and usa made tyres. doesnt help that japan closed its factory last year, meaning no more japanese made michelin's

good price on the r888 @ S$300. cheaper than in oz .

at one stage, i was thinking of importing tyres from USA so much cheaper than locally, and the currency helps too
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

michelin production sites based in where now? AFAIK michelin in oz, majority from china; followed by thailand. vary rare to get the european and usa made tyres. doesnt help that japan closed its factory last year, meaning no more japanese made michelin's

good price on the r888 @ S$300. cheaper than in oz .

at one stage, i was thinking of importing tyres from USA so much cheaper than locally, and the currency helps too
                    My Mich PS3 is from Malaysia... I dun mind so long as performance is there and most importantly... price point.
                    1 3 5
                    ├┼┼╕
                    2 4 6 R

Comment

eventually, i may have to resign to the fact that there will be no more tyres made in japan, and may have to end up using tyres from other countries
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

if price sensitive, can consider federal. i use the 595 rs. economical for 15". can't recall the price. can only last about 10k before you have to drop them. mine lasted about 9k on normal sg roads second set of tyres

current (3rd set) using advan neova (AD07) from yokohama. so far so good. have done more than 15k. good on dry and wet roads.

my first set was goodyear eagle F1 made in japan. lasted about 25k. compared to yokohama, the grip on dry is about the same. but on wet, yokohama has that slight edge.

i got friends using bridgestone RE-01, they say good as well. dry is good. wet is similar to good year.

after this set, might attempt to use falken
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

ive already ordered the C1S @ A$180/ea. now waiting for supplier to order (japan or eastern states).

last time using RE92 from bridgestone, milage not very good. if my memory doesnt serve me wrong, i got about 30k kms, but to be fair, i was too lazy that time to rotate my tyres and take the proper care.

these days, i rotate myself every 5-10k km.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X