No announcement yet.

Uniquely Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well..for me i dun mind wad ppl sae or think...lol....actually i am looking forward to have more n more ppl have the old is bad mentality...

So i can spend less on vintages...hehehe...

Anyone here with old subs or dwellers wan to let go below 5k?hehehehehe
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Pls don't flame me

I think many a time, some people may have the incorrect impression that certain sellers are really the watches' owners and not dealers. It is just like why some people would state in their ads when they sell their cars, "No dealers pls!". It is probably due to the fact that some of us here are unbelievably great "watch flippers" , or a man (or woman) of many, many watches that resulted in 'disbelief' that we are actually the REAL owners of the watches we are selling

And hence, the wrong impression may have resulted in these people asking you to call them instead. In this aspect, you are not wrong to say that they will have the "buyer is bigger than seller" warped mentality. This is purely my personal observation. So far in my trade experiences here as a WATCH LOVER (not DEALER by profession, pls), I have encountered few but many are not like that.

To me, no question is a stupid/wrong question so long it is directed at the sale of the item. There is always a reason(s) for asking what will be asked and this is part & parcel of selling/buying watches and/or other items online. Also, as we are from diverse backgrounds, the threshold of each of us is different. For some who are much better equipped with the knowledge, they just want to sell their watches quickly with the least hassle (less questions) and they may expect the potential buyer(s) to be as knowledgeable as them. So any question that may sound 'amateur' to these sellers, irritates them.

As oppose to some who are more patient and may have come from the sales/retail industry past or present, will be much able to understand why/how/what certain questions are asked. And these sellers will naturally have a higher threshold. They will be better able to understand the background to certain questions asked. I believe Mr triton has explained/tackled few of the questions mentioned.

So guys, just be patient
      Last edited by Oceanklassik; 12-04-11, 02:20 PM.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
        some people dont understand the notion of vintage (not just rolex, but pretty much everything in general).

old does not always mean cheap/bad/etc.

i say let them be. when i first got into watches, i asked myself, which siao kia would pay so much for an old piece, it was once i research, that i learnt that you pay for the history and heritage behind the watch.
        not so old steel watch with US$100 movement for US$60K. anyone?

40K watch with 35K intrinsic value. anyone?

IMO the risk is always there. No piece will go up forever.
        Can stomach the risk, can enjoy the piece.
        Like the flipping of hot property, the last person who hold it hot will take the heat.
        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          Got a fwe new ones....

"I find your dress watch too dressy"

"I find your sports Rolex too sporty"

"I find your sports car too powerful"

After trying on the watch, "Oh, I didn't know 47mm is so huge. I pass"
          Sound sooo familiar... Hahaha!
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X