Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    There are people who ask me that
    No it's asian movement inside. Aaa grade.
    S$13,888 firm.

Yes it's an interesting observation.

Also there are always people contacting for items that had been sold some time back.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
      S$13,888 firm.

Also there are always people contacting for items that had been sold some time back.
      Hahaha..

the word some time back is an understatement.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
        Just another uniquely Singapore style...... some will leave their numbers not 1234567 but one two three four five six seven... i also dunno why?
        I think some even leave their email with a space in-between.
        Reason could be to prevent a google search from triggering a search online for such contacts?

Cos let say some one with 1234567 called u, a google search might link up the info etc.

Not sure if my opinion is correctly interpreted but that's what I think.
        The time in life is perpertually moving forward while that in the watch is going in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by EMboss View Post
          I think some even leave their email with a space in-between.
          Reason could be to prevent a google search from triggering a search online for such contacts?

Cos let say some one with 1234567 called u, a google search might link up the info etc.

Not sure if my opinion is correctly interpreted but that's what I think.
          I think even if u put space in between...also it can be seived out by google.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

there can be few reasons,
            1. potential buyer maybe a seller in the forum has clone nicks, as such asking seller to contact instead help the member able to distinguish
            2. potential buyer wants to 'test' how keen the seller to sell. different people have different interpretations

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
            When a seller lists his items for sale, he'll put his contact details and say "please contact/pm/email me for enquiries/assistance"..we'll then have members/potential buyers here who will reply to the sales thread and say "i'm keen in your watch, please contact me at XXXX..." why can't buyer just contact the seller directly instead of asking the seller to contact him? is this what we call "buyer is BIGGER than seller" mentality? If you can reply to the sales thread, why not pick up the phone to sms or email the seller directly?

maybe this is uniquely singapore??
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

not meaning to filter. but rather some forum is known to blank out the contacts if it detects more than X number of digits in sequence.

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
              Just another uniquely Singapore style...... some will leave their numbers not 1234567 but one two three four five six seven... i also dunno why?
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

overseas and local sets should technically command different price. for reasons i believe most can figure out

some people dont like serial number 4 and 6 as 4 is considered inauspicious and 6 maybe associated with the dark side

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                Ha. Very strange. I noticed too. Singapore got many strange things....

1. Local or oversea set?

2. I am keen. Please call me at 12345678.

3. Got 4 or 6 in serial number?

kindly email with
                2. your nick

Comment

some people dont know what does the acroymn BNIB means

One of my fav questions that buyers ask me...for my BNIB Daytonas

Bro...is it new?

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                    S$13,888 firm.

Good enough to fool RSC .

Else you can put, imported set from europe, original swiss mov't inside

...the word some time back is an understatement.
                    You would think that people read the post and take a look at the post date before posting . And for sales thread, PMs are usually best.

I think even if u put space in between...also it can be seived out by google.
                    yes, can be done, the best is to make a picture with your details, and then hotlink it to your post. i believe searchbots still are unable to read pics.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Got a fwe new ones....

"I find your dress watch too dressy"

"I find your sports Rolex too sporty"

"I find your sports car too powerful"

After trying on the watch, "Oh, I didn't know 47mm is so huge. I pass"

Comment

Like to add 1 more...

Wah..your vintage rolex so old looking ar...even the hands got slight spotting...zzzz.....and the bezel faded so much.....
                        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          Like to add 1 more...

Wah..your vintage rolex so old looking ar...even the hands got slight spotting...zzzz.....and the bezel faded so much.....
                          Then, they say....some more you are asking for $7K. With that money, can buy a almost new sub!

My reply is please go ahead to get your new sub.

Comment

Exactly....Bro KuchingKu..u really hit the correct spot!

7k for a 33 years old sub???u must be a scammer or wad....i can buy a pre-owned 16610 at 5k anytime...zzz...

Quoted word for word....by a 'so-called' watch expert....in real life....
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
                              not really bro..look at the sales thread and you'll see this common trend..

even when seller say to pm if there are any enquiries but a lot of buyers will reply to ask seller to contact them...
                              Ahhhhh.... I must be too in-sensitive on this. Next time will pay more attention. Hahahaha...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                                Like to add 1 more...

some people dont understand the notion of vintage (not just rolex, but pretty much everything in general).

old does not always mean cheap/bad/etc.

i say let them be. when i first got into watches, i asked myself, which siao kia would pay so much for an old piece, it was once i research, that i learnt that you pay for the history and heritage behind the watch.
                                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                                Blue 6694
                                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X