This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• journey of wanting to buy a watch that did not materialise

just need to get this out of my system after 3 weeks.

about 1 month ago, i started actively looking for a particular watch that is nor really readily available. even when it is readily available, the price is not what i am willing to pay.

as usual before buying, i would consult my shifu-es. one of my shifu gave me constructive feedback and gave me alternative buying options. this shifu as usual is a kind person also started to sms me whenever coming across the watch i am looking for.

then by chance, i made an inquiry with seller A. seller A informed me the price which is even better than my expected buying price. seller A also inform me that the watch is currently not available in Singapore. If i wanted the watch, i would have to wait. seller A is currently located in Singapore

after waiting for 1 week, i contacted the seller A again. seller A advise me that no one is currently coming into Singapore. as such, i would have to continued to wait. following week, i contacted the seller again. how long i would have to wait. seller A say once there is someone coming into Singapore, i would be informed accordingly. so i ask if the price will still be honored. seller A replied 'yes'.

coming end of third week of waiting, i contacted the seller if there is any positive news. response was negative. so i requested for pictures to be taken with current newspapers as proof of seller possessing the watch. i told seller A, that using camera phone is fine. so long as it has current newspapers with the watch. seller A advised me that i would wait for couple of days. i said ok. calls to seller A were not able to get through aka engaged tone.

couple of days later, the pictures arrived through my email account. the watch pictures were not clear as it was likely the camera phone result. however, there is no background of the watch against current newspapers.

i replied where is my request. no response. i ask again if the watch is currently in country AA as last communicated. again there is no response. i also asked seller A if i had to wait for one year for the watch. no response either. the last communication is about 3 days ago. seller A is currently listed as MIA/AWOL by me.

as usual, sometimes members/friends will ask me this model watch is offered @ price X. this price is usually better than what is usually listed. so my usual response is got watch can talk. no watch no talk. now i have fallen into a situation where i tell others don't put hopes too high if there is no watch. why am i in this position?

because i am so engrossed in wanting to purchasing this watch @ this price that i cannot see otherwise. however, i am glad that i am still holding the perspective of letting the watch come to me. i just have to be patient. it will come.

the journey continues................
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Curiosity stirred. What is the watch???
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Heng ah you.

I found 2 watches selling at very good price on purist. Too unbelievable. One was a local seller. So, I wrote public message to ask if price is true or mistake. No response.

1 week later, got kind member pm me tell me be careful. Few days later, the sellers listed as suspended. So, I go back to buy the seller.

Comment

Thought this was a gimmick ? even here in this forum there were be alw be phantom seller with virtual watches for sale, ridiculously cheap. No photos shown, request for photo no response, email no reply, no hp contact to call seller. Later few days post updated with watch sold!!!!!

Words of precautions to newbies.... be careful when dealing with overseas sellers with your money wired first n then no show of watches.

Never be tempted by small amount of money saved cos no one gonna save u later if conned.

Good post by Triton above, do wat he did by 1st being patient ,act of anxiousness most probably will fall into the trap, hope most buyers check n research first and better request for photo shots of the watches with current newspaper date.
        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
        [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

"Photo shots of the watches with current newspaper" - first time I learn of this. A good one, but hope I will not be asked to do this everytime I sell a watch in future

Fully agreed with bro watchpassionist's message to take precautions when dealing online. If it's too good to be true, it usually is...
          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

pretty common for overseas buyers to request the watch in the sales ad to be taken with current newspapers with date and exact time and date...
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
              pretty common for overseas buyers to request the watch in the sales ad to be taken with current newspapers with date and exact time and date...
              Pai say...I suah gu then Neh see such request in our local forums mah...

Comment

hahahaha..u r modest lar...u big time collector lar...never have to sell watches mah...hahahaha.....me poor watch guy nia...have to sell before buying...so seen this request pretty often...lol
                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                  hahahaha..u r modest lar...u big time collector lar...never have to sell watches mah...hahahaha.....me poor watch guy nia...have to sell before buying...so seen this request pretty often...lol
                  Sorry triton for OT...

Comment

kopi talk section. any threads also can OT.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                    Sorry triton for OT...
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

the seller is currently located in Singapore with email address and local contact number.

if both seller and buyer are in singapore, try to meet and deal.

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                      Thought this was a gimmick ? even here in this forum there were be alw be phantom seller with virtual watches for sale, ridiculously cheap. No photos shown, request for photo no response, email no reply, no hp contact to call seller. Later few days post updated with watch sold!!!!!

Words of precautions to newbies.... be careful when dealing with overseas sellers with your money wired first n then no show of watches.

Never be tempted by small amount of money saved cos no one gonna save u later if conned.

Good post by Triton above, do wat he did by 1st being patient ,act of anxiousness most probably will fall into the trap, hope most buyers check n research first and better request for photo shots of the watches with current newspaper date.

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        kopi talk section. any threads also can OT.
                        Orh...then why my comments are censored leh? Very offensive comments I made meh?

Honestly, I prefer you delete my entire post if you deem it as inapproriate, rather than edit or censor my post partially.

Comment

Orh...then why my comments are censored leh? Very offensive comments I made meh?

Honestly, I prefer you delete my entire post if you deem it as inapproriate, rather than edit or censor my post partially.
                          Bro Pegasi,
                          I think Bro Triton's trying to say that we're free to go OT since this is the Kopi-talk section, don't think there was any malice involved, just as how I'm sure you didn't intend any also.

We all feel for Triton's plight at being played out. I've had my fair share of getting teased, once by this seller who wanted to let go of his Chopard GT power reserve at a very good price and he managed to convince me to buy it. When I was committed, he didn't want to sell and sporadically avoided my texts until one day I managed to get him on the phone. We agreed to deal but he pulled out at the last minute saying that he wanted to keep it. I respected his decision but imagine my chargin when weeks later, he offered the piece to me again but wanted a much higher price. Another time was when this chap wanted to sell his IWC Big Pilot at a good price and I'm pretty sure I was one of the first to PM him. No response then it was conveniently 'sold' to some ultra quick bro. In the end, it was good cos I managed to work out a mutually beneficial deal with Bro watchpassionist for another watch : )
                          So, I'm sure Bro Triton's watch will appear one day given enough vigil and patience at a good price.
                          Sweet 16:
                          PP Aquanaut
                          VC Overseas
                          AP ROO Black Themes
                          A.Lange & Sohne 1815
                          Breguet Type XXI
                          Blancpain 50 Fathoms
                          JLC Navy Seals
                          GO Senator 60s
                          GP Laureato
                          Zenith Pilot Extra Special
                          Rolex DSSD
                          IWC Big Pilot
                          Pam 112
                          Omega Ploprof
                          Breitling Super Avenger
                          Glycine F104

Comment

sorry. i click on the wrong button and edited what i thought was the subject content only i wanted to address. by the time i hit post button. i realize my mistake.

my apologies. can you pm me what you wrote again? i post it back.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by toffeesthings View Post
                              Bro Pegasi,
                              I think Bro Triton's trying to say that we're free to go OT since this is the Kopi-talk section, don't think there was any malice involved, just as how I'm sure you didn't intend any also.
                              Bro toffeesthings,
                              There is a part of my OT comments in one of my posts in this thread that had been removed, hence I tried to seek clarification from bro triton...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X