Question on BNIB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on BNIB

Encountered this situation a couple of times.

Should a watch (safe queen) with dated & expired wty be priced as a BNIB because it is unworn? Or should it be priced as a pre-owned??

Comments?

should be labeled as NOS(New Old Stock) pricing should be in between BNIB and Pre-owned.Just my 2 cents worth
    累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

IMO it is more accurate to describe such as "pre-owned but unworn". But I think it is also acceptable to decribe such as BNIB so long you make it clear that it is dated with wty expired.

Price wise you as the seller can put whatever price you feel your watch is worth, but I do not think a watch with wty expired (supposedly at least 1 to 3 years old?), even though unworn, can command the same price as a new BNIB set (i.e. w valid wty), unless the watch is very rarely available.
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

BNIB - Brand New In Box
        NOS - New Old Stock

with your description, watch in safe, warranty expired. still need some more description.

to me

BNIB - new, unworn, unsize. does not matter if warranty is dated and expired.
        NOS - same 'expectation' except that the watch in concern has been discontinued.

however if the watch model is discontinued and it is new, unworn, unsized, warranty is still valid. i say BNIB
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
          should be labeled as NOS(New Old Stock) pricing should be in between BNIB and Pre-owned.Just my 2 cents worth
          NOS is usually used to describe very old models, in most cases discountined models (though not necessary so).

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys!

So if the watch was usually priced ~$18.5k when bgt with full wty, how much would you offer to seller now that the wty (2 yrs) is expiring next month but is unworn? Seller is still asking for same price because it is "BNIB".

Watch is a LE and no longer available in the shops but the brand is known for having low resale value in this part of the world.

Comment

give that a miss,wait for the watch to come to u not u go for the watch.that's my opinion
              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

An LE tends to be over-priced in the resale market. For me I would always compare the price of the watch I want to buy with similar watch(es) in the resale market in local/overseas forums or 2nd hand dealers.

I do note that for some brands, the resale price in the US/EU based forums are consistently lower, so I am not suggesting that you should expect the same price level here but use those as a reference.

Comment

That I think still qualifies for BNIB but with no more warranty. I just think it is a good practice to let the buyer knows about warranty status right from the start. Price is really dependant on demand and supply (i.e.: type of watch, condition, etc.).

There are many instances of safe queen watches which are priced way above the MSRP (those rare and discontinued).

Comment

okay, really appreciate all your replies.

I have decided to make an offer at 10% off BNIB. If I am ignored then so be it

Comment

Follow market forces. Unless watch is so rare that there are hordes of people going for it and willing to pay, a 2 year old unworn would surely cost less than a 2 weeks old unworn.

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post

So if the watch was usually priced ~$18.5k when bgt with full wty, how much would you offer to seller now that the wty (2 yrs) is expiring next month but is unworn? Seller is still asking for same price because it is "BNIB".

Watch is a LE and no longer available in the shops but the brand is known for having low resale value in this part of the world.
                        i say hold your horses....wait until warrant expires then offer a lower price for it. I'll consider this piece as BNIB unless it's discontinued then it's NOS.
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I remembered someone mentioned that BNIB refers to watch being unworn and all original stickers intact. Price should be higher than a preowned that is of a same model that is around the same age. How much higher depends on mutual agreement. My 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by daywalker88 View Post

bro day, u r a nice n honest guy....just an advice. There is such thing call 'Polish' . Never doubt but never dun doubt. My interpretations are 'BNIB' only comes from Authorised shops like hourglass, sincere or cortina etc....
                            Others can be 'NOS' ' 'unworn piece' 'kept in safe' .....all these does not bother me but i will never pay the price of 'BNIB' for this particular piece.
                            [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                            [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                            [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                            [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                              bro day, u r a nice n honest guy....just an advice. There is such thing call 'Polish' . Never doubt but never dun doubt. My interpretations are 'BNIB' only comes from Authorised shops like hourglass, sincere or cortina etc....
                              Others can be 'NOS' ' 'unworn piece' 'kept in safe' .....all these does not bother me but i will never pay the price of 'BNIB' for this particular piece.
                              haha, wise words my friend.

Will take heed and prob give the watch a miss unless seller agrees to a lower price offer

Tks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X