No announcement yet.

Discussion : Singapore Property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you referring to the market worldwide or in Singapore?

Originally posted by terry79 View Post
    Signs are showing that it may crash...
    Is it gonna happen?
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Sg property would never crash... even if it would... recovery is fast....

Comment

• Originally posted by Athena88 View Post
        Sg property would never crash... even if it would... recovery is fast....
        I would never say never....hehehe

Comment

• Went to hunt around. Still priced very high. Doesn't look like developers are reducing.

I do see developments not sold out even just opposite mrt.
          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• When price goes too hi.. rich complain got to deep deeper into their banks for investment n poor complain cannot afford to buy...
            So PAP starts cooling measures, price about to drop only not yet drop, already same rich and poor complain again as the rich investments drop and the poor with only 1 house property prices drop too. We regardless of poor or rich always on the loosing end. Bcos only Pay n pay government gain by all these additional taxes.

Conclusions.. property will never crash cos majority of us or parents or siblings own a house maybe 90% singaporean do not want their assets to drop.

Comment

• It is going through a price correction but it won't crash. Those hoping for a crash like the last time round will most likely be disappointed.

Comment

• the likelihood of this happening is pretty low.

the general population own one public housing. even when this does happens, this main group of people aren't going to press the panic button and sell because they need a roof over their heads.

if this does happens, it spells opportunities for those with cold hard cash to buy low.
                (I do believe many locals are rich and are just waiting for such opening)

Comment

• Hopefully it does crash big big time

Comment

• i think many may see their flats value drop

Comment

• Originally posted by subnd View Post
                      i think many may see their flats value drop
                      That is no question.

Drop most certainly.
                      In fact prices transacted and asking have already dropped some 5% to 10%

Lets not talk about unrealistic sellers becos they can ask a high price as they wish.
                      If we ask $5k for an ordinary 6694, will anyone buy? the serious sellers understand where the market is.

The question in hand really is how quickly it will drop and by what magnitude.

Watch out......hehehehehe

Comment

• Originally posted by heathen07 View Post

the general population own one public housing. even when this does happens, this main group of people aren't going to press the panic button and sell because they need a roof over their heads.

if this does happens, it spells opportunities for those with cold hard cash to buy low.
                        Why are you even using public housing which is a controlled segment as an example??
                        Obviously you know little about the property market
                        one thing for sure, resale has already dropped and is dropping.
                        Its all about valuation. Paper loss is still loss

The wave is already here. Getting wet isnt a question. Just dont get too wet or drown.

Good luck

Comment

• News was saying rental market is going downward as there are many supply now.

looking at the launches and TOP, I think the tenants will have a better time now.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

• Tapering haven complete. Just taper 20 billion market already so fearful. Imagine if fully tapered off then jia lak liao.

Comment

• Originally posted by heathen07 View Post
                              the likelihood of this happening is pretty low.

Tell you some stories from the past. Back in 2004 during downturn. My friend was helping hdb sell their leftover units at jalan merbina. 30th floor 4 rms facing sentosa at 240k. But could not sell them.

Comment

• Originally posted by porschespyder101 View Post
                                When price goes too hi.. rich complain got to deep deeper into their banks for investment n poor complain cannot afford to buy...
                                So PAP starts cooling measures, price about to drop only not yet drop, already same rich and poor complain again as the rich investments drop and the poor with only 1 house property prices drop too. We regardless of poor or rich always on the loosing end. Bcos only Pay n pay government gain by all these additional taxes.

Conclusions.. property will never crash cos majority of us or parents or siblings own a house maybe 90% singaporean do not want their assets to drop.

this is not up to owners to decide. all depends on how increase in interest rates when fed reserve finished tapering off their qe. we have never seen such low rates ever in the history of singapore mortgage for an extended period of time. sibor did went up to 8.5% in 1998. that was after the AFC.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X