Vertu - newbie askinng silly questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertu - newbie askinng silly questions

ok...me never into phone but recently itchy backside so tot of checking out a vertu...and i shy to go boutique to ask silly questions leh...hahaaa

i've checked with a mate here and he told me it's just a normal phone and we pay a premium for material, brand, status symbol and design...even the conceirge service also must incur IDD call charges (the call centre is in europe/london).

how long is the warranty of Vertu? how much does it cost to service if it's not working? is it really a just basic phone then whats their USPs? what software are they using and are they different from Nokia/Sony? i was advised to get a pre-loved one cos it's going to be my 1st vertu and the resale value suxs! what shall i look out for if i opt to buy a pre-loved vertu? what's the typical depreciation value?

there're so many models....which is the more affordable and entry level one if i want to buy a brand new vertu? how much does it cost?

thanks
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

I think our SG-ROC founder has one...so waiting for him to chip in ...hehehe...
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by wolfeyes1974 View Post
      ok...me never into phone but recently itchy backside so tot of checking out a vertu...and i shy to go boutique to ask silly questions leh...hahaaa

i've checked with a mate here and he told me it's just a normal phone and we pay a premium for material, brand, status symbol and design...even the conceirge service also must incur IDD call charges (the call centre is in europe/london).

how long is the warranty of Vertu? how much does it cost to service if it's not working? is it really a just basic phone then whats their USPs? what software are they using and are they different from Nokia/Sony? i was advised to get a pre-loved one cos it's going to be my 1st vertu and the resale value suxs! what shall i look out for if i opt to buy a pre-loved vertu? what's the typical depreciation value?

there're so many models....which is the more affordable and entry level one if i want to buy a brand new vertu? how much does it cost?

thanks
      Hey bro, sorry that day when I was talking to u rushing to find a cab to meet someone, didn't manage to explain to u properly haha...haha easier for me to post here.

Vertu Warranty = 2 years
      Concierge = 1st year free, subsquent years 1800 GBP / annum + every call is to London, you pay for IDD.

If not working, I m not sure how much it costs...I don't really hope I can tell you (means my phone spoil! haha)

Software similarity to Nokia = 95% only difference is your icons are designed differently..more classy, nicer. Words changed to Vertu. Errr....that's about it.

Resale value is horrible, no one can deny that, 1st owner to 2nd owner you are looking at a possible 30-40% loss or more depending on the age.

There are many models...well not exactly lah.

Here's how I grade them, from lowest to highest end (just my personal opinion,cos some argued with me that constellation series isn't the lowest end but Ascent is...owells that's just me)

1) Constellation - They have the Quest (Blackberry lookalike), Axyta (Flip phone), and the candy bar constellation. I would rate it as the lowest end because their entry level price is the lowest* (until Ascent came out with the rubber Ascent 2010) if my memory serves me right. But of course they have a wide range, you can have stainless steel, gold, ceramic, diamonds anything!

I would actually equate this series to...maybe the Rolex Dressy watches, like the datejust you can choose whatever dial,whatever material and bracelet.

Constellation - their basic(until you add the precious metals and stone) phone...well it doesn't smile at many, design is rather dated.

Constellation Quest - Or what most people call the quest, looks like your Blackberry. Many (including you James) already have a blackberry for work...why do you need something to remind you of work! This is supposed to be your leisure phone! No doubt they have really cool features...if you want a smart phone, get your BB or iphone.

Constellation Axtya - Love it or hate it...I personally hate it but I know of some who love it. Flip phones are so yesterday...but if you wanna stand out...why not?

2) Ascent series (Ti,2010) - Your sporty rolex equivalent. Very sleek very sport, perfect for the yuppie.

The design speaks for itself. I love the piece of leather at the back...it makes it look really classy and outstanding.

3) Signature - My vertu SA says it's The CEO's phone. Another love it or hate it situation. I find it sleek, but some see it as a remote control.

Very basic function, no camera, but the keypad has rubies which makes typing on the phone...TDF!

Don't get anything older than the Signature S....I will show you why and you can recognize a Signature S without even seeing it before. (S is the nicer one!)

Pardon the wall of text, hope it helps.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

hehehe..u left out the prices....which is the most impt part Founder!
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          ...[IMG]http://www.slashphone.com/media/data/1242/vertu-ascent-ti-9.jpg....
          Is that a $214,000 price tag i spot?
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
            hehehe..u left out the prices....which is the most impt part Founder!
            Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            Is that a $214,000 price tag i spot?
            The pic is taken from japanese site or korean site I can't rmb. But in sg, the retail is $10500 for the ascent ti that is discon and 11500 for the leather + ceramic ascent 2010. There are cheaper and more ex alternatives.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

OMG!! 1 vertu equal to 1 deepsea?!

Luckily me happy using my iphone.
              Rolex datejust 16223
              Ball engineer hydrocarbon spacemaster
              G-shock GA-100A
              Seiko black monster
              Omega speedmaster reduced
              Omega speedmaster date
              Oris bc3 sportsman
              Luminox sentry

Wishlist
              Pam005
              Rolex sea dweller

Comment

I have owned most of the vertu models till i switch back to constellation now

my first vertu to the 5th model......

1. 1st model signature.... old nokia software, extremely slow. later stage vertu upgraded software better n faster like normal nokia

2. 1st model ascent, also slow and upgraded software later similar to signature

3.1st model constellation with ceramic keypad more like modern nokia with gprs, personal ringtones etc

4. then it was the new 2nd generation signature series looks better and more functions, very ex not worth the money

5. also later launched the new 2nd generation ascent titanium with camera... thick and feel big in the pocket.

6. followed by AXTYA looks suck which make me stopped buying vertu

Currently i have switch back to constellation ceramic keypad, the shiny steel looks great, ceramic keypad nice to press, size is just nice for jeans pocket. gprs, email, personallised ringtones. No camera but who cares, i have another android phone in my other pocket.

Constellation is also the most value for money vertu model.

[IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]
                [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/IMG_0491.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

i've checked with a mate here and he told me it's just a normal phone and we pay a premium for material, brand, status symbol and design...even the conceirge service also must incur IDD call charges (the call centre is in europe/london)

thanks
                  bro when i started my 1st vertu many years back, i asked more silly questions. If u really want play play vertu start with constellation, buy preown ok not new. Value for money except no camera. else get the ascent titanium.
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/rolex-submariner-116619lb-021.jpg[/IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Rolex-Black-Dial-Daytona-116520.jpg[/IMG]
                  [IMG]http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o590/photosnphotos/Originals_23.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                    The pic is taken from japanese site or korean site I can't rmb. But in sg, the retail is $10500 for the ascent ti that is discon and 11500 for the leather + ceramic ascent 2010. There are cheaper and more ex alternatives.
                    oh, haha! that is more like it. me no money to buy vertu; so dont even bother to look at it
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hey James bro, I happened to step in Vertu few mths back, the cheapest one is SGD 7k+ eh. Not sure which model thou...

Comment

Thanks all for the advice!

Is the 2nd year concierge charges of GBP 1800 optional?
                        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                        Audemars Piguet ROO
                        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                        Panerai 270
                        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                        Rolex 116610LV
                        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Do you really need this service?

Comment

Wow, have you blew 50k on Vertu? That's like blowing on a picanto! No camera is good, can bring into camp.

Originally posted by watchpassionist View Post
                            I have owned most of the vertu models till i switch back to constellation now

my first vertu to the 5th model......

1. 1st model signature.... old nokia software, extremely slow. later stage vertu upgraded software better n faster like normal nokia

2. 1st model ascent, also slow and upgraded software later similar to signature

3.1st model constellation with ceramic keypad more like modern nokia with gprs, personal ringtones etc

4. then it was the new 2nd generation signature series looks better and more functions, very ex not worth the money

5. also later launched the new 2nd generation ascent titanium with camera... thick and feel big in the pocket.

6. followed by AXTYA looks suck which make me stopped buying vertu

Currently i have switch back to constellation ceramic keypad, the shiny steel looks great, ceramic keypad nice to press, size is just nice for jeans pocket. gprs, email, personallised ringtones. No camera but who cares, i have another android phone in my other pocket.

Constellation is also the most value for money vertu model.

Comment

Yes optional, as long u dun ask them to continue the conceige service u need not pay.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              Do you really need this service?
                              seriously no need it la. my first year i dun even use the service. why?...... example...

middle of the night u feel like eating cha kuey tiao, u called the conceige to send u to your house. Yes vertu promised their conceige service is best and will accede your request like impossible mission but they did not tell u the guy sending u the cha kuey tiao will probably charge u $100 for it......haha

i believe the conceige service wld be more relevant when u are desperately in need of help in oversea.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              Wow, have you blew 50k on Vertu? That's like blowing on a picanto! No camera is good, can bring into camp.
                              not exactly bro, just sell off the first one then buy the other one...losses is inevitable... is like playing watches. sometimes just need to sell then can get another piece. So now i stick to this model and stop playing vertu already. Insane price too.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X