No announcement yet.

sharing my experience of purchasing a watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

counting watchs=stock check la.. cortina got robbed recently rite. yes la this cortina must wack .

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      i dont think ohlins is protecting these people. likewise, i chose not to reveal about any buyer and seller. the idea behind not openly revealing is because of imposing a bias opinion. unless this particular shop or individual is well known for bad reviews. even if that is the case, for legal reasons it is better to use abbreviations or something to highlight rather than spell it outright openly.

let me quote an instance, some of us here are not very satisfied with one of the staff @ RSC, however, Lim_TH and me had good experience with the particular staff.

all transactions between buyer and seller have good and bad. i may have bad experience with a particular buyer, but does not mean other people have bad experience. likewise i have good experience with a particular seller, does not mean other people will have good experience.

as mentioned previously, each watch buying experience is different and unique. experience it for yourself. no one can ever force to to deal with a particular individual or shop. it is up to the individual to do homework and take precautionary measures for buying and selling.
      did u reflect that in itrader?
      I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
      A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
      Audemars Piguet ROO
      Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
      De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
      Habring2 Pilot Time Date
      Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
      Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
      IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
      Panerai 270
      Patek Philippe 5711/1a
      Rolex 116610LV
      Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
        well, i was walking around town checking out local ADs browsing some tudors, omega's and breitlings. so i went to hour glass along scott's road and was served within 10seconds of stepping in the shop. i was very happy and the staff served me very well and answered all my questions and let me try on many watches without hesitation.

i walked down to paragon to shop some more (i was waiting for my girlfriend to finish work), so i decided to go into cortina to view watches (maybe they have something interesting). i walked in, no one greeted me (i'm not a big shot but hey not even a smile or nod of acknowledgement?), they didn't look my way. a lady was serving a customer, another sales rep was seated (relax posture, legs folded etc) behind a counter using his handphone... smsing or something and the rest was at the other end of the boutique chatting rather loudly.

i waited for about 15mins, before feeling upset and left. perhaps it was because i was wearing a t-shirt, berms and slippers. but hey, why is it the other customer a foreigner, also dressed as casual as me, being served? is it uncommon for locals to dress down? at the end of the day, or should I say today, i didn't get anything from ADs but instead i bought a second hand Speedy from the forum.

i have since wrote a letter of complaint and will be sending it out soon. i wonder what they have to say for themselves.

PS: I saw a worker counting watches like no tommorow... ... i wonder why? hehe :\ he gave me a "look" and didnt bother to assist me.
        get used to it...to me, Cortina staff at Paragon are well known for their attitudes...u shld write to jeremy to complain...i don't buy from Cortina Paragon....dun even bother to go in...

Current collection
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Cortina @ Raffles City service is just as bad. Hourglass @ LP is good.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
            Cortina @ Raffles City service is just as bad. Hourglass @ LP is good.
            Cortina at RC see pple one...u wear nice nice or log log but with nice wristwatch then they'll come to you very fast with wide smiles...generally i dun buy from Cortina (only 1 piece cos the price was really good and they've stock)

Current collection
            Audemars Piguet ROO
            Habring2 Pilot Time Date
            Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
            Panerai 270
            Patek Philippe 5711/1a
            Rolex 116610LV

Comment

Originally posted by benhur View Post
              counting watchs=stock check la.. cortina got robbed recently rite. yes la this cortina must wack .
              haha i know ;p i meant to say i "wonder" why... he he he
              fallraen
              "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Now let me share my watch buying experience here too, I long forgotten about it until now someone reminded me about the incident.. Here I take the opportunity to share with members here. Last year august I posted an ad at the WTB sub forum wanting to buy this particular watch. (non-Rolex) Shortly I received a PM from the watch owner, asking me if I ‘m interested as he got one for sale. I told him, yes I’m interested. And we arranged to meet at his friend’s shop, he had this watch consigned at his shop. So I gone to this watch shop to meet him. I met the shop owner, and the watch owner there. I check the accessories ,and the watch. Than I found one side of the case looks strange, and closer inspection I realized it seems like it has been polished before.(some unevenness on the finishing’s) So I asked about it, and I shown the watch case to them. One of them I can’t remember who said “it’s like that”. Believing it is “it’s like that” originally. I paid the watch and walked. On the same day, I met up with one of our fellow member for coffee at Jalan kayu,( he is quite a regular member here, and by profession he is a Doctor. I would not reveal his user nick here) I shown him the watch and ask him abt the case. He took over the watch and inspected and agreed that yes there is unevenness at the side of the case. And he will check on his when he got home. Later that very night he sms me told me sorry to break me the bad news. His doesn’t have the same unevenness surface at the side of the case. So this watch I brought confirmed it’s been polished before. When I got home I call the watch owner, he told me he doesn’t know about it and when I asked about the “its like that” he said no he didn’t say that. (okay so is the shop owner who said that) I believe he should have brought the watch from someone and not knowing the unevenness at the side of the case. I told him since I’m buying it BNIB i expect it new and not been polished before. As I don’t know the reason why it has been polished , or any explanation for the unevenness at the side of the case. In this situation, I should have just walked thank you the watch owner for making time to the shop to meet me and to show me his watch. I’m glad watch owner was kind enough to propose a reasonable refund. And I return the watch the following day, shop owner check accessories and open caseback of the watch check movement. (watch owner not there in the shop this time round) I collected the refund and left the shop. (not full refund but partial refund as agreed)

Later after this incident, I realized shop owner posted the same watch model sales ad at other watch forums for sale. And condition was described as BNIB.....

Lesson learnt if discovered something not rite and no explanations to the defects found, DON’T BUY or BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I hope this post will not be deleted for some reasons, but just sharing one of my watches buying experience…thank you.

Comment

familiar le.. heard this case frm pple b4can say who. or wait we got con how?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X