No announcement yet.

sharing my experience of purchasing a watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Bro Triton, Post some pics up. Congrat in your purchase. Most importantly u like the watch and it's like brand new now!! wear in good health. Cheers!!!!
    There is a very fine line between this "hobby" and "mental illness."

Look on the wife's face when VISA bill arrived, Priceless!!!!

Comment

Triton, sorry to hear about what you have been thru...

Don't be too sad. RSC can bring your 6694 back to life... it is just $$$... you can't restore watches of some other brands... so think on the good side... also, 5 years later it will definitely worth higher than what you had paid for.... ha ha

Yes, you're right, we have to check carefully before handing the money over to the seller... but I am wondering... lets take your case as an example, if I bid for a watch here in the future and manage to win over, later then find out that the watch condition is not up to my expectation (everyone's expectation is different) and back out the sale... the seller for sure kao bei kao bu... and if I post my worries and warn other buyers... things might get ugly... so how huh???
      Last edited by 116520; 20-08-08, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Ok. i understand where u coming from. After knowing the condition from RSC report, i contacted the seller and highlighted the issues. i proposed a reduced price which the seller is not agreeable.

im sure if you want to back of the deal then, no one can fault you if internal condition is not mentioned. seller cannot complain you back out of deal. i agree with you that things might get ugly depending on which perspective you come from.

for some people, few thousand is alot of money. for others it is peanuts. can u imagine if the buyer happens to be the one who view that few thousand is alot of money and purchase a lemon? how will the buyer feel. in a forum, we are here to share information whether good or bad.

if you notice, we used nicknames of a particular preown shop when we warn fellow members. how will the owner of the preown shop feel? that is why the thread title is sharing of experience. the overall experience is to help people what to look for when getting preown. there is always a learning curve, for some it is steep, for others is is gentle.

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        if I bid for a watch here in the future and manage to win over, later then find out that the watch condition is not up to my expectation (everyone's expectation is different) and back out the sale... the seller for sure kao bei kao bu... and if I post my worries and warn other buyers... things might get ugly... so how huh???
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          Ok. i understand where u coming from. After knowing the condition from RSC report, i contacted the seller and highlighted the issues. i proposed a reduced price which the seller is not agreeable.

im sure if you want to back of the deal then, no one can fault you if internal condition is not mentioned. seller cannot complain you back out of deal. i agree with you that things might get ugly depending on which perspective you come from.

for some people, few thousand is alot of money. for others it is peanuts. can u imagine if the buyer happens to be the one who view that few thousand is alot of money and purchase a lemon? how will the buyer feel. in a forum, we are here to share information whether good or bad.

if you notice, we used nicknames of a particular preown shop when we warn fellow members. how will the owner of the preown shop feel? that is why the thread title is sharing of experience. the overall experience is to help people what to look for when getting preown. there is always a learning curve, for some it is steep, for others is is gentle.
          Bro, even u buy from preown shop... u still got in house warranty!!!!! how do trust this kind of seller!!!!!! first don't even know the product or worst know the product too well until didn't tell... even i bought a preown Rolex from a preown shop... 3 days later found out by RSC that the glass is chipped off .. the shop still change the saphire glass for me...think abt it.. deep in our heart who wants to go thru all these troubles.... And the starting of this thread already tells me that this is a seller that i will definitely avoid!!!!!!!!!! For goodness sake...even u ask for price reduction ... he can't even meet it, one problem after another...in my opinion!
          Last edited by SeaRolex; 20-08-08, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Strongly agree with you (in bold)...

For me, it is not whether the amount is bomb or peanut, if it is not right, 1 cent I also don't give...

Comment

it is not about avoid one seller. but take it that there are alot of things to take note of when getting preown.

Originally posted by SeaRolex View Post
              And the starting of this thread already tells me that this is a seller that i will definitely avoid!!!!!!!!!!
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

ya loh... preown shop usually give us one year warranty... some even offer "buy back" policy some more...

Bro, even u buy from preown shop... u still got in house warranty!!!!! how do trust this kind of seller!!!!!! first don't even know the product or worst know the product too well until didn't tell... even i bought a preown Rolex from a preown shop... 3 days later found out by RSC that the glass is chipped off .. the shop still change the saphire glass for me...think abt it.. deep in our heart who wants to go thru all these troubles.... And the starting of this thread already tells me that this is a seller that i will definitely avoid!!!!!!!!!! For goodness sake...even u ask for price reduction ... he can't even meet it, one problem after another...in my opinion!

Comment

it is not about avoid one seller. but take it that there are alot of things to take note of when getting preown.
                  i agree with your intention of this thread, this is for sharing purpose. Actually i'm coming from the perpective of voicing the displeasure of this deal if i am were in your position. it's all about building a strong trust and reliablity when comes to business sense of view. Where is the customer recovery processes? Do the seller see profit more important that customer relationship? Nobody wants to do a one-time business...
                  Last edited by SeaRolex; 20-08-08, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Correct!!!

Sometimes, people mentioned these pre-own shop expensive that pre-own shop expensive... but you have give credit to those store owners who have years of experience of buying and selling watches... at least you are getting a watch from someone who has checked before selling to you....

Comment

i am actually looking for half gold sub, think hold it....
                      i have totally no experience see if it is a good rolex or not...

scary... like 7 months ghost story....haaa.....

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                      Correct!!!

Sometimes, people mentioned these pre-own shop expensive that pre-own shop expensive... but you have give credit to those store owners who have years of experience of buying and selling watches... at least you are getting a watch from someone who has checked before selling to you....

Comment

See my post in Feedback Thread. I got foresight
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          See my post in Feedback Thread. I got foresight
                          true!! Good buyer/Seller or Bad buyer/seller... most forums have this...

btw.. Darkie is kind of quite today... is he ard???

Comment

yes, he is around. he is busy with...........

true!! Good buyer/Seller or Bad buyer/seller... most forums have this...

btw.. Darkie is kind of quite today... is he ard???

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

My take on this hard lesson....
                              I guess there is a need to have a consensus between the seller and buyer. The transaction will only take place AFTER RSC inspection / certification. Prior to that, money should not be passed on but only finalised if it is in accordance to mutual agreement ! Buyer bears the RSC inspection / certification fee.
                              Mutual agreement should be that :
                              1) If after RSC certification shows numerous / unacceptable number of faults, then buyer have EVERY RIGHT to back out of the deal whether seller likes it or not. UNLESS seller was transparent and informed all these on the onset before meeting up at RSC.
                              2) If after RSC certification, all is well, OR as according to what the seller promised, then buyer SHOULD NOT back out of the deal or negotiate down after that.

Both buyer and seller have a part to play so as to be fair to each other.

No matter how busy we are, we have to do the above before agreeing to purchase a pre-owned, else risk getting burnt...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                              - GMT II
                              - GMT IIc TT
                              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                              - U1
                              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Correct!

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                                My take on this hard lesson....
                                I guess there is a need to have a consensus between the seller and buyer. The transaction will only take place AFTER RSC inspection / certification. Prior to that, money should not be passed on but only finalised if it is in accordance to mutual agreement ! Buyer bears the RSC inspection / certification fee.
                                Mutual agreement should be that :
                                1) If after RSC certification shows numerous / unacceptable number of faults, then buyer have EVERY RIGHT to back out of the deal whether seller likes it or not. UNLESS seller was transparent and informed all these on the onset before meeting up at RSC.
                                2) If after RSC certification, all is well, OR as according to what the seller promised, then buyer SHOULD NOT back out of the deal or negotiate down after that.

Both buyer and seller have a part to play so as to be fair to each other.

No matter how busy we are, we have to do the above before agreeing to purchase a pre-owned, else risk getting burnt...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X