X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

triton is a true gentleman!

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      as mentioned, case closed. no point bringing up the individuals involved. this is because if the names are mentioned, it will bring about bias opinions. each buying experience is unique - good and bad.
      Yup, just got to move along.
      I had an unpleasant non-transaction before too where a 'buyer', after making me lug watch+box left right center all over S'pore, started claiming that my watch was less mint than what he expected, his friend knew a friend who is selling a minter one than mine at a better price etc etc
      I knew he was angling for a discount (and after price was already agreed via email okay?!?) but his 'friendship' price was way too low ... so I just walk and wish him all the best in finding his 'minter than mint' watch.
      Sold my watch to another buyer 3 weeks later. During this 3 weeks, same bugger actually emailed me to try to 'persuade' me why I should reconsider my decision not to sell the watch to him at this price... I told him politely to get from his friend who has a friend...
      Into my private blacklist of buyers he went. A good lession learnt but did not deter me from selling my watches via the internet.
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Someone agreed to sell his watch to me for our agreed price.While on the way to meet, he sms me saying that that someone else offered him $80 more. And he is not meeting me. Quite frustated, cos waste my time and haggling over the watch.

My principal is simple. MEAN WHAT I SAID AND SAID WHAT I MEAN.

I didnt have any experience from buying my first watch yet. After reading the above, it really opens my eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by kafvyn View Post
          Someone agreed to sell his watch to me for our agreed price.While on the way to meet, he sms me saying that that someone else offered him $80 more. And he is not meeting me. Quite frustated, cos waste my time and haggling over the watch.

My principal is simple. MEAN WHAT I SAID AND SAID WHAT I MEAN.

I didnt have any experience from buying my first watch yet. After reading the above, it really opens my eyes!
          bad seller...
          I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
          A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
          Audemars Piguet ROO
          Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
          De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
          Habring2 Pilot Time Date
          Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
          Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
          IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
          Panerai 270
          Patek Philippe 5711/1a
          Rolex 116610LV
          Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Please reveal nick. Tx.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Please reveal nick. Tx.
              pls contact via pm.
              the hype is true. listen at your own risk.
              visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

From other forum, need to retrieve it. will pm you guys.

Comment

Bro, sorry to hear of the negative experience. I can only do what I do best for you:

There is no Failure; only Feedback.

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  hi all,

just an update on the conclusion of the 6694 silver dial i acquired from a fellow forum memberrecently.

i eventually paid 2200 for the watch complete with box(original inner and outer box) & papers. some of you may know that i purchased another 6694 previously @ 2200 from another member.

only difference was the previous watch comes serviced and all in good condition. an authentication from RSC indicated that the watch is original and no servicing is required. according to RSC, the current one acquired is

1) in need of servicing
                  2) minute hand has to be replaced as it was bent.
                  3) one of the pins in the bracelet is broken
                  4) crystal is cracked
                  :
                  :

total repair and servicing cost - $615.

called the seller. seller agreed to replace minute hand and extra links. items will be mailed over. i suggested to meet in town as i stay and work east, however seller wanted me to go to sun plaza to collect instead.

few days later the items arrived wrapped in contained properly.

however, link provided is slightly scratched. replacement hands lum is in wrong color. black instead of gray.

decided not to get back to seller because i expected a PROFESSIONAL seller to know the products being sold and provide the RIGHT replacement. this was because all the communication was done on the day itself.

i stressed that it is my choice not to get back to seller to seek alternative replacement, as im pretty tied up with work this week and not sure if i got the time to meet the seller. at one stage, i even thought of asking for refund. , but too late liao.

my advice/thoughts for those embarking on the journey to collect 6694

1) when you collect watch and before handing over the cash, inspect the watch carefully. if you DO NOT like the condition of the watch, do not buy. REMEMBER that the moment you hand over the cash, buyer DOES NOT HAVE the right to ask for refund or money back.

2) after the repair, this watch would have cost me about 2500. which is a tad high a price to pay for a 6694. do remember that aftermarket dial of 6694 without box and papers can be secured between 1200-1600. so if a proper serviced is done it would cost about 300. add in box and papers, 2200-2300 should be a reasonable price *IMHO*

now that i have 2, should i embark on the journey to collect another 2 more color dials aka the black and blue?
                  [FONT="Tahoma"]Without Passion, life is only Motion! [/FONT]

[IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/395563_10150512819558051_2012130430_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq284/billykueek/Enter%20the%20Dragon%202012/405925_10150512819323051_580368050_8870312_1160894759_n-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by ohlins View Post
                    pls contact via pm.
                    why are you protecting 'these' pple?!!! you paid by them izzit? lets be open abt these issues plsss. no wonder there are mor and mor victims

Comment

Originally posted by benhur View Post
                      why are you protecting 'these' pple?!!! you paid by them izzit? lets be open abt these issues plsss. no wonder there are mor and mor victims
                      the forum was not established to promote allegations and counter-allegations.
                      visit my watch and audio blog oohlins.blogspot & learn how to use the rolex comfort link

Comment

i dont think ohlins is protecting these people. likewise, i chose not to reveal about any buyer and seller. the idea behind not openly revealing is because of imposing a bias opinion. unless this particular shop or individual is well known for bad reviews. even if that is the case, for legal reasons it is better to use abbreviations or something to highlight rather than spell it outright openly.

let me quote an instance, some of us here are not very satisfied with one of the staff @ RSC, however, Lim_TH and me had good experience with the particular staff.

all transactions between buyer and seller have good and bad. i may have bad experience with a particular buyer, but does not mean other people have bad experience. likewise i have good experience with a particular seller, does not mean other people will have good experience.

as mentioned previously, each watch buying experience is different and unique. experience it for yourself. no one can ever force to to deal with a particular individual or shop. it is up to the individual to do homework and take precautionary measures for buying and selling.

Originally posted by benhur View Post
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Can I write about my bad experience at Cortina yesterday?
                          fallraen
                          "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
                            share share

Comment

Originally posted by fallraen View Post
                              surely you can share about your experience .... whether good or bad, readers can judge...

we do advise members to be less specific on identification cos there were cases where another party decided to take legal action if the writer did not retract their accounts of what happened.....

end result: you can imagine

Comment

well, i was walking around town checking out local ADs browsing some tudors, omega's and breitlings. so i went to hour glass along scott's road and was served within 10seconds of stepping in the shop. i was very happy and the staff served me very well and answered all my questions and let me try on many watches without hesitation.

i walked down to paragon to shop some more (i was waiting for my girlfriend to finish work), so i decided to go into cortina to view watches (maybe they have something interesting). i walked in, no one greeted me (i'm not a big shot but hey not even a smile or nod of acknowledgement?), they didn't look my way. a lady was serving a customer, another sales rep was seated (relax posture, legs folded etc) behind a counter using his handphone... smsing or something and the rest was at the other end of the boutique chatting rather loudly.

i waited for about 15mins, before feeling upset and left. perhaps it was because i was wearing a t-shirt, berms and slippers. but hey, why is it the other customer a foreigner, also dressed as casual as me, being served? is it uncommon for locals to dress down? at the end of the day, or should I say today, i didn't get anything from ADs but instead i bought a second hand Speedy from the forum.

i have since wrote a letter of complaint and will be sending it out soon. i wonder what they have to say for themselves.

PS: I saw a worker counting watches like no tommorow... ... i wonder why? hehe :\ he gave me a "look" and didnt bother to assist me.
                                fallraen
                                "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X