sharing my experience of purchasing a watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
    1) If after RSC certification shows numerous / unacceptable number of faults, then buyer have EVERY RIGHT to back out of the deal whether seller likes it or not. UNLESS seller was transparent and informed all these on the onset before meeting up at RSC.
    So who should pay for the RSC verification if buyer back off?

Comment

Originally posted by babyfolio View Post
      So who should pay for the RSC verification if buyer back off?
      Personally speaking, if I was the seller, I will offer to pay the verification if buyer rejected the piece due to misrepresentation on my part. Misrepresentation can be in the form of:
      • Watch found to be fake or has been "illegally" modified
      • When I say watch has never been opened and RSC found that it was opened and tampered with

The above is just some examples. It is important to establish with buyer up-front on the "reject" conditions. Otherwise there will be a lot of room for argument later - which will not be pleasant for both parties.
      Time is too precious to be measured by a cheap watch...

Patek 5065, Rolex 16600, 16700, 16710, IWC 3786, JLC Reverso Chrono, PAM 190G, PAM 219I, AP RO Chrono

Comment

Totally agree.. Buyer should pay for the authentication while Seller bears the charges ONLY if it was NOT found to be Authentic, Untampered and Undamaged.
        Originally posted by chongj88 View Post
        Personally speaking, if I was the seller, I will offer to pay the verification if buyer rejected the piece due to misrepresentation on my part. Misrepresentation can be in the form of:
        • Watch found to be fake or has been "illegally" modified
        • When I say watch has never been opened and RSC found that it was opened and tampered with

The above is just some examples. It is important to establish with buyer up-front on the "reject" conditions. Otherwise there will be a lot of room for argument later - which will not be pleasant for both parties.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
        - GMT II
        - GMT IIc TT
        - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
        - Master Eight Days (1608420)
        - U1
        - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Conditions of sale

My 2cents on vintage/preowned watches .

1) Buyer take note of servicing charges for unserviced vintages . Verify with RSC the repair charges ,if the watch had not been serviced within the last 5 to 7 years . ( My 1675 was quoted $1500 for servicing charges )

2)Buyer/seller to agree on who pay verification charges in case of irregularities with bracelet/case/case-back/pin/dial/lugs/hands/crystal/box/papers/movement .

3)Money changed hands after buyer/seller fully accept all cosmetic or otherwise imperfections . Buyer to take note that seller may be selling a heirloom and do not know the history of the watch . Some honest sellers will inform buyer beforehand any misrepresentation but not all seller will do so . It is the buyers responsibility and choice to fully inspect and verify before committing to the sales .

Feel free to add on if needed .
          1675/16610/116234/78240
          Ball CM1092C-S1J-BR/NT BLUE MARKER
          Hublot BB ASF
          PAM 104J
          Sinn 903 H2
          Tutima Chrono Fx LE/RXW
          U-boat classico AS-classico AB (53mm)
          If you pick up a starving dog and nurse him well, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.

Comment

Hi Triton

Sorry to hear of your experience. Thank you sharing your situation and learning points.

Will bear that in mind. In fact, it should be made as a "Code of Conduct" for business transaction in SG-ROC.

As a buyer, I cannot control the seller's profit margin, but at least I want to make sure that I can what I paid for: good condition, working order, original items. If the object for sale is not as described, then it should be highlighted.

If the "Code of Conduct" is not observed, then buyer can highlight the incident through the feedback system.

Anyway, SG-ROC is such a small community, seller do this kind of stuff, next time who will buy from him? I hope your 6694 seller read this and polish up and act and maybe do some recovery service/damage control.

Cheers.

Comment

i like this Code of Conduct concept. this can be add on as a reference guidelines, really hard to enforce upon. but it would serve as a good gauge for everyone.

for your suggestion. blanjah u coffee on behalf of sg-roc mod team.

Originally posted by wind128 View Post
              Hi Triton

Will bear that in mind. In fact, it should be made as a "Code of Conduct" for business transaction in SG-ROC.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i dug out this old thread so that potential buyers can read about it. this thread is not targeting any buyer or seller.

i too was involved in a similar situation u experience recently. i sold a watch to a forum member. buyer was scrutinizing every part of the watch. pointed out about something not happy with. me and another person explain to buyer it comes as it is. nothing tampered. alot of ding dong here and there. eventually, seller paid and left with the watch.

some 10 hours later(same night), seller called me saying want a FULL REFUND. i said it is not possible as deal has been completed. my friends were telling me forget about the buyer. deal has been completed so many hours ago. now then come as for refund.

i offered to take the watch back @ a lower price which the seller initially refused outright. eventually seller took my offer. watch was returned some 20 hours later (almost whole day passed). i managed to sell off the watch some 3 days later.

so what i took out of this buy-sell transaction. once a deal is completed. no going back. what i did was purely out of goodwill as a seller. do note that as a buyer, u have to scrutinize the watch properly before you part your cash.

enjoy the JOURNEY to purchase a watch. some are good, some are bad. we learn daily. what has happened, already over. we all need to move on. i treat it as a lesson learnt.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

STRONGLY AGREED!!!

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  i dug out this old thread so that potential buyers can read about it. this thread is not targeting any buyer or seller.

i too was involved in a similar situation u experience recently. i sold a watch to a forum member. buyer was scrutinizing every part of the watch. pointed out about something not happy with. me and another person explain to buyer it comes as it is. nothing tampered. alot of ding dong here and there. eventually, seller paid and left with the watch.

some 10 hours later(same night), seller called me saying want a FULL REFUND. i said it is not possible as deal has been completed. my friends were telling me forget about the buyer. deal has been completed so many hours ago. now then come as for refund.

i offered to take the watch back @ a lower price which the seller initially refused outright. eventually seller took my offer. watch was returned some 20 hours later (almost whole day passed). i managed to sell off the watch some 3 days later.

so what i took out of this buy-sell transaction. once a deal is completed. no going back. what i did was purely out of goodwill as a seller. do note that as a buyer, u have to scrutinize the watch properly before you part your cash.

enjoy the JOURNEY to purchase a watch. some are good, some are bad. we learn daily. what has happened, already over. we all need to move on. i treat it as a lesson learnt.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    You are too kind...
                    if it were me, given that buyer had examined every bit of the watch and it was a willing buyer willing seller situation, I wld not have offered any refund, partial or otherwise. A lot of things can be done to the watch in 10 or 20hrs...
                    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                    three times is enemy action and
                    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                    ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                      You are too kind...
                      if it were me, given that buyer had examined every bit of the watch and it was a willing buyer willing seller situation, I wld not have offered any refund, partial or otherwise. A lot of things can be done to the watch in 10 or 20hrs...
                      Second that..... who knows if parts in your watch has been changed during the 'intermission'...
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

agreed. of course i got the watch checked and verified with a watch maker with buyer and seller both present. this is to prevent any misunderstanding.

Originally posted by Ender View Post
                        You are too kind...
                        Originally posted by louisoh View Post
                        Second that..... who knows if parts in your watch has been changed during the 'intermission'...

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

let me share another buying experience. as the saying go, buy the seller. i bought the watch from a seller whom i trusted. so naturally, took the watch and checked. everything seems intact. movement check as well.

however when i brought it to RSC after 1 week, found the glass and hands were non original. called the seller. expressed my concern. seller say will refund me the money for parts found non original. i told the seller - thank you very much. but i will not accept the refund. simply because i took the watch checked and paid. it is my mistake - a buyer's mistake. i accept.

so what has this watch buying experience thought me. get it check. get it verified if you must. if you choose not to verify, then is honest buyer's mistake. cannot blame anyone.

what is most important is that we make mistakes, accept it. take it as a learning experience so that you wont repeat the mistake.

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

Well said bro triton. Wonder if you may disclose who the buyer and seller are in both mentioned encounters? Why I asked, because there may be future transactions with forum members here, including me .
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

as mentioned, case closed. no point bringing up the individuals involved. this is because if the names are mentioned, it will bring about bias opinions. each buying experience is unique - good and bad.

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Well said bro triton. Wonder if you may disclose who the buyer and seller are in both mentioned encounters? Why I asked, because there may be future transactions with forum members here, including me .

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

ok la
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X