Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

question? will you send to service center after you buy a pre-owned watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i will definitely send in for a serving @ the authorized service centre. this is to ensure that the watch does not need further care. why?

some watch may be working fine even after a few days, but the movement inside already requires a service due to say insufficient lubrication or parts start to wear out.

i rather be safe than sorry.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      i will definitely send in for a serving @ the authorized service centre. this is to ensure that the watch does not need further care. why?

some watch may be working fine even after a few days, but the movement inside already requires a service due to say insufficient lubrication or parts start to wear out.

i rather be safe than sorry.
      This I can agree if I know the watch I bought is quite old and has not been serviced during the past 10 years or so.

And only if I am very sure I am gonna keep it, of course (but do I ever know?)
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
        Not all date change is instant...for example...ETA 7750...The date roll over slowly...can start from 11.30pm til 12.15am...perfectly normal...

If it is a rolex i highly recommand a servicing if the date change is not instant as in a click....my 16800 change date over in a click at 12.03am daily...no issue at all...i m not really particular about the time that the date change....as long within 10mins of 12am i m perfectly fine
        yes that's correct...my omega great white gmt changes time from 1230am-2am (because of the movement used in this watch and this is perfectly normal according to omega specs for this watch...officially recorded by omega service centre)....so a date change that's doesn't take place at 12 midnight sharp is not necessarily a good gauge...
        I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
        A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
        Audemars Piguet ROO
        Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
        De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
        Habring2 Pilot Time Date
        Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
        Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
        IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
        Panerai 270
        Patek Philippe 5711/1a
        Rolex 116610LV
        Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

dun touch it when its working fine

Comment

Yes! For the sake of authenticate the watch. As for servicing, I think most brands are reliable. If it's new, for instance, a few months to a year or so, the watch should be still good. Unless it's damaged which is noticeable from any physical damages.

Comment

if the watch in qns is a breitling chrono avenger titanium the production years are from 2001-07. So the watch could be as old as 10 years...and u probably dont know how the previous owners treat their watch.. I would bring it to breitling svc centre for an overhaul, after that the watch is good to go for 5 years...

If u want to rid yrself of your flipping habit, what better way then to go svc the watch and think of the huge loss u will incur if you flip

Originally posted by pastilence666 View Post
              good thinking....

hemm... the reason i want to do it....later on....because i want to keep the watch....but not sure too, i just want to stop my flipping habit....very bad and 80% lose money for sure....
              My Tumblr
              -------------------
              http://beads-of-rice.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by kqxrlovesSpeedmasters View Post
                if the watch in qns is a breitling chrono avenger titanium the production years are from 2001-07. So the watch could be as old as 10 years...and u probably dont know how the previous owners treat their watch.. I would bring it to breitling svc centre for an overhaul, after that the watch is good to go for 5 years...

If u want to rid yrself of your flipping habit, what better way then to go svc the watch and think of the huge loss u will incur if you flip
                ya, I'm planning to bring it for servicing by year end ( is it too late?), by then I might have other watch to cure the 2 months waiting time

are they work very slow? Or normally will finish earlier?
                Or is it because tonz of people do servicing as well?
                "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
                whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

AS for me...I will bring the watch in for service... even if I flip... I wont get curse and get a bad reputation from the next owner... I would rather lost a bit.. than get a bad reputation...
                  Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

it can be due to shortage of technicians

ya, I'm planning to bring it for servicing by year end ( is it too late?), by then I might have other watch to cure the 2 months waiting time

are they work very slow? Or normally will finish earlier?
                    Or is it because tonz of people do servicing as well?
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

not many sellers would bother to service a watch before selling. then again, coming from another perspective.

would it not be possible to price the watch slightly lower to entice the buyer but informing the buyer that it may require a service. then you can 'protect' your reputation.

then again, if the servicing requires changing of parts and cost is slightly higher, wouldn't seller want to pass on part/whole cost to buyer?

Originally posted by eojmil View Post
                      AS for me...I will bring the watch in for service... even if I flip... I wont get curse and get a bad reputation from the next owner... I would rather lost a bit.. than get a bad reputation...

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

Comment

RSC will always try to sell you servicing, change of parts (if required). I share one encounter of mine. I got my watch serviced by outside tech; about 1.5yrs later, i took to rsc to get regulated.

after regulation; they told me to consider getting my watch serviced, and advised me accordingly of costs. i declined politely and told them, ill be back soon.

not long ago; i sold the exact watch; and the buyer wanted to have it authenticated by the local aussie watchmaker (rolex authorised), he mentioned that the movement was (in his words) "clean, well lubricated, and in excellent running order", the watchmaker went on to mention that the watch condition did not reflect its age and that if the new owner wanted to service to come back in a year or two.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          not many sellers would bother to service a watch before selling. then again, coming from another perspective.

would it not be possible to price the watch slightly lower to entice the buyer but informing the buyer that it may require a service. then you can 'protect' your reputation.

then again, if the servicing requires changing of parts and cost is slightly higher, wouldn't seller want to pass on part/whole cost to buyer?
                          err...what I mean is that once i bought the watch I would service (if required lah). If happen that I flip 2 years later.. at least I have a service history to show to the next owner that this watch has been service b4 and up to him to decide. at least my consious is clear.

As for the pricing of the watch... it will not get too far off from what you are asking.... where else... if you told the buyer that I have not service this watch and i dont know abt the previous seller... I believe the price will be much much more lower than what you are asking... but than again...its depend on supply and demand!!
                          Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

thank you for all the replies guy, thanks for your kind opinion and suggestion,

the reason i dont dare to do outside servicing for breitling, as i heard 3rd party servicing cant get any parts form breitling, not like rolex that kind. is that true? but breitling movement is merely 7750 with slight upgrade parts which originate from breitling itself, thats why it become their caliber.... like omega, by adding some parts here and there from ETA, it become their co-axial movt.

if not, im for sure will send to those places that stated here and there in this forum.
                            "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
                            whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

Hmm I recently brought a couple of my Breits in for servicing during earlier this year so would like to share my experiences with you.

[Situation 1] One of the Breits had a chrono hand that didnt reset properly but was under warranty. I was told that the servicing time would take 4 weeks but after 1 week I was pleasantly surprised when I received a call to pick up the watch. I was told by the counter staff (a lady called Karen whom I have serious hots for, dont know why..) that watches under warranty have priority for servicing.

[Situation 2] I sent it an older Breitling (Seawolf Titanium non chrono) for servicing, the service time taken was 5 weeks but that was before the CNY period which I gather alot of people send it their watches prior so that they can wear at family gatherings. But there was one thing in particular which bugged me, as part of their overhaul, breitling svc centre replaces the hands of the watch which adds on like 180$ more that they do not absorb... So my total bill for servicing a non chrono watch was 900+! When I checked with the other counter staff (Katherine, dont know why Breitling counter staff is all Ks.." She told me its because the hands are spotted...honestly I could not detect anything though...

So long story short, what Im trying to say is that while I fully prefer going to service centre over 3rd party servicing, you need to first be mentally prepared for the cost, the waiting time is probably around 5 weeks? I seriously doubt it would hit a full 2 months.

thank you for all the replies guy, thanks for your kind opinion and suggestion,

the reason i dont dare to do outside servicing for breitling, as i heard 3rd party servicing cant get any parts form breitling, not like rolex that kind. is that true? but breitling movement is merely 7750 with slight upgrade parts which originate from breitling itself, thats why it become their caliber.... like omega, by adding some parts here and there from ETA, it become their co-axial movt.

if not, im for sure will send to those places that stated here and there in this forum.
                              My Tumblr
                              -------------------

Comment

Alternatively if you do send to outside servicing, I'm not a technical person with any technical knowledge so pls view my words with serious caution......... I think that the Breitling 13 movement which is a base 7750 doesnt really have upgraded parts...Breitling in their "upgrading" of the movement only beautifies it and regulates it, unlike the George Daniel escapement that Omega incorporated into their movements. The 7750 itself its a robust and hardy movement so even in the event that parts might need to be replaced I think parts can still be found fairly easily by these outside watch servicers.
                                My Tumblr
                                -------------------

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X