X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by alex168lim View Post
    An avant garde piece of work !

The gold and platinum combination work very well.....must be so deep an infatuation that it outlast a six years wait !
    Yes. It's a piece of art....not sure considered avant garde. I usually use AG to refer to Freak or Urwerk or MB&F.
    I didn't keep waiting for it. Like it when I saw it then but never though I could own it or will dish out that kind of money for a watch (or any watch) that time. Finally, found one that I can afford. The design and beauty doesn't seem to age and that's good.

Comment

• Nice pix!
      I rather push my Alfa Romeo than drive a BMW

Alfa 1.5 Sprint
      Alfa 33
      Alfa 147
      Alfa GT
      Alfa Spider 3.2 V6- now
      Alfa 4C- maybe next time

Comment

• Just now that pic can see the blue hands a little.

This is the 'then-poor' journe's early movement made from brass. Never to appear again.

All pics taken with HP camera so quite crappy. The earlier pic using Iphone 4 gives more crispier pictures than the last 2 which I use my SE phone.

Comment

• hi kck, this is truly one of the nicest watches of this thread!
          Currently Wearing
          Rolex 216570

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldjaffa View Post
            hi kck, this is truly one of the nicest watches of this thread!
            Thanks bro but you are being way too kind. This thread is poisonous. I hope this eccentric journe continue to defy the world and keep to his style and make only 700 to 900 watches a year.....plus stay an independent!

Comment

• Chris, great watch! She's a beaut!

Long time haven't had our mini kopi session at Citihall admiring watches and Xiao Mei Mei

Comment

• Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
                Chris, great watch! She's a beaut!

Long time haven't had our mini kopi session at Citihall admiring watches and Xiao Mei Mei
                Thanks pal. Yes. Should try another gtg someday.

Comment

• Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  Today's wrist shot is my latest and possibly last addition for a while....

My FPJ Octa RDM
                  A pleasure to share; and congrats on the new acquisition! The RdM is probably my favourite Journe Octa by some measure

Comment

• I forgot to say:

Good job on getting one of the early versions with the brass movement and YG dial as well! You may have heard that many collectors prefer these versions. When you have a spare moment, you should compare the 38mm and 40mm versions in the same "model". Doesn't have to be the RdM, just any model the AD will show you. The extra 2mm is achieved in the wider case with slightly thicker lugs (everything else is the same I think); you might take the view that the proportions in the 38mm are a little more elegant and appropriate for a dressier watch...

Comment

• Originally posted by wees View Post
                      Good job on getting one of the early versions with the brass movement and YG dial as well! You may have heard that many collectors prefer these versions. When you have a spare moment, you should compare the 38mm and 40mm versions in the same "model". Doesn't have to be the RdM, just any model the AD will show you. The extra 2mm is achieved in the wider case with slightly thicker lugs (everything else is the same I think); you might take the view that the proportions in the 38mm are a little more elegant and appropriate for a dressier watch...
                      Thanks bro. Yours is a beauty too and I would get if I can afford in the future. I have seen comparison pics between 38 and 40. I must day the 38 fits on the wrist well and look more elegant.

Comment

• Gorgeous movements bro!

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        Just now that pic can see the blue hands a little.

This is the 'then-poor' journe's early movement made from brass. Never to appear again.

All pics taken with HP camera so quite crappy. The earlier pic using Iphone 4 gives more crispier pictures than the last 2 which I use my SE phone.

运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

• Originally posted by psee View Post
                          Gorgeous movements bro!
                          A basic movement that is not unlike basic LAnge and GO movement. You got many nice G.O. movements right?
                          Was curious which part is responsible to store 120 hours of energy.

Comment

• Just bouncing ideas among bros here. With this FPJ, I am onto my 9th piece. I have put a psychological limited of 10 watches...so considering what I should get for the last slot. Also, there are not many I would want to sell at this point.

Current:
                            1. Rolex 16014 (from grandpa so cannot ever sell)
                            2. Rolex 1655
                            3. Rolex Red Sub (200m = 660 ft)
                            4. Rolex Red Sub (660 ft = 200m)
                            5. Rolex 5512
                            6. Rolex 1675
                            7. Pam 005 G (Long Arrow)
                            8. PP 5711
                            9. FPJ RDM Octa
                            10. ????

Few pieces I want:
                            1. Pam 190
                            2. AP RO RG
                            3. Lange 1 Moonphase
                            4. Rolex 1665

So many nice watches, so little money/slots....sigh.

Comment

• Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                              Just bouncing ideas among bros here. With this FPJ, I am onto my 9th piece. I have put a psychological limited of 10 watches...so considering what I should get for the last slot. Also, there are not many I would want to sell at this point.

Current:
                              1. Rolex 16014 (from grandpa so cannot ever sell)
                              2. Rolex 1655
                              3. Rolex Red Sub (200m = 660 ft)
                              4. Rolex Red Sub (660 ft = 200m)
                              5. Rolex 5512
                              6. Rolex 1675
                              7. Pam 005 G (Long Arrow)
                              8. PP 5711
                              9. FPJ RDM Octa
                              10. ????

Few pieces I want:
                              1. Pam 190
                              2. AP RO RG
                              3. Lange 1 Moonphase
                              4. Rolex 1665

So many nice watches, so little money/slots....sigh.
                              2. AP RO RG since you do not have a rose gold in your collection? or
                              3. Lange 1 to further balance your collection of Vintages (Rollies/Pam) vs Classics (PP/FPJ/Lange)

Comment

• Thanks Bro DW....both choices need to save for a long time....Need to work harder and hope for good bonus. Ha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X