Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will you buy from AD/gray dealers or AD/gray dealer (recommended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who will you buy from AD/gray dealers or AD/gray dealer (recommended)

just like to find out more from sg-roc members who will you buy from and why?

appreciate if you can vote and post comments as to why you made the choice.

some reasons can be

for AD - i trust AD, no need to authenticate,........
    for Recommended AD by friends - possibility of better discount compared to me walk-in first time, trust my friend,......
    for gray dealer - cheaper price,......
    for recommended gray dealer - trust my friend recommendation, buy the seller due to positive rating,...........
    AD
    23.53%
    Gray Dealer
    8.82%
    Recommended AD
    23.53%
    Recommened Gray Dealer
    44.12%
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

I prefer to buy from my AD, which I have cultivated a relationship with for years, for the following reasons
    - piece of mind,
    - relationship buiding,
    - customer service,
    - freebies at year end,
    - loyalty programmes thru selected credit cards (amex gets 10x from XYZ AD and can redeem XYZ vouchers)

Originally posted by triton View Post
    just like to find out more from sg-roc members who will you buy from and why?

appreciate if you can vote and post comments as to why you made the choice.

some reasons can be

for AD - i trust AD, no need to authenticate,........
    for Recommended AD by friends - possibility of better discount compared to me walk-in first time, trust my friend,......
    for gray dealer - cheaper price,......
    for recommended gray dealer - trust my friend recommendation, buy the seller due to positive rating,...........

Comment

Whoever is cheapest and got stock....

Comment

i will go for the cheapest...
        2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

I prefer to buy from an AD based on some 'friendly' recommendations.

I do not mind to buy from a gray dealer/PI if I have 'friendly' recommendations.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

no doubt im a price sensitive buyer; therefore i choose whoever can offer me the product at the best price. i however will reward ADs should they be able to come close on price, i take the premium as a small fee on getting to know the AD better.

as for having friends recommendation; definitely helps to break the ice.

btw; any chance to make the poll enabled with multiple choices?
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

whoever can beat AD price for me.
              "It is not the watch, but purely is you who define the watch..." -pst666-

List: Montres de Luxe P48 Thunderbolt Chrono, ECW Panhard -M8D-
              whist: IWC Aquatimer Galapagos Island

Comment

I have owned more than a dozen of watches, some sold and some still holding it. None bought from the AD. All purchased from grey dealers cos of the great pricing. I dun even bother to step into an AD to check out as I know they can NEVER match in terms of price. I dun need those fake smiles and compliments from the sales person as well some may call it service.
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

Most of my watches are pre-loved...as those that catches my eye are not available in ADs anymore....
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I assume you are talking about buying brand new watches.

In a rare situation that I want to buy a brand new watch (usually for a special occasion for wife or myself), I would first consider the AD. It could be any AD that I can get the best price from. As we know, "recommended AD" does not guarantee better price as the relationship between one and the AD/salesman is usually "non-transferrable".

Grey dealers only if the watch I want is not available at the AD. Main reason is that for new watches the price gap between grey and AD is actually not very big (if you have the lobang from AD), plus I am quite turned off by the service of some grey dealers.
                    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

this is based on buying brand new watches only as no AD can sell preown watches.

initially i wanted to have multiple selections, however i decided to make it a one selection only because i want the group of people who patronise both AD and gray dealer to make a choice.

i have bought from both AD and gray dealers before. i will still prefer to choose AD or recommended AD. this is because they have a variety of brands that they can offer which the gray market dealer can't. this is not applicable to those 1 brand person (rolex & panerai mainly).

if the person is a one brand person only, then i think going to gray dealer is a more preferred choice. why? because one of the main criteria is price. however, some people who 1 brand only prefer to go to AD. why? because the hard to get pieces, you can be on their queue. but if buying from gray dealer, chances of getting those hard to get pieces are harder.

if the person is looking @ various watch brands, then going to AD makes more sense because when you build a relationship with the AD, you can get better pricing as time goes by when purchasing more watches. furthermore, there would be privileges enjoyed. what are these privileges, it varies from customer to customer.
                      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                      2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i dun buy new watches...

Comment

this is true to a certain extent. why? when sales person need to meet target, they might be willing to take the risk. sometimes it can be @ the right time and right place. also the person who received the special price also need to know how to keep quiet on the good deal. if the person does not betray the trust, more benefits will flow to the person.

however, this is not case most of the time. most people in their eagerness to share their happiness, reveal things that they are not suppose to reveal.

as such i urge all who received special privilege to practise self restraint. if no restriant is exercise, you not only lose future benefits, you also destroy the relationship your friend has built with the AD.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
                          As we know, "recommended AD" does not guarantee better price as the relationship between one and the AD/salesman is usually "non-transferrable".

kindly email with
                          2. your nick

Comment

quote first.....

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                            i dun buy new watches...

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Hahahaha....sure...if any local or overseas ADs have any NOS of 1665 or 1680 i am more than happy to take back my words and buy BNIB...hahahahaha

Just kidding nia lar....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X