Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any other watch shops that repairs Omega watch at reasonable price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other watch shops that repairs Omega watch at reasonable price?

Hi all "oldbirds"

My 4 years old Speedmaster has broke down.Wanted to adjust the date but can't turn the click(have clicking sound but date just won't move,can feel that it is stuck).Tried to adjust the time to 12am to make the date jump but still the same.Then finally watch also stop,damn sway!

Brought my watch to Ion as heard from the service centre at Wheelock that they are under the same management and if i do not want to wait long to check in my watch which I waited for few hours 3 years ago.Ion will be the best place.

Explained the fault to the sales staff and i was advised that it could be the movement is spoilt as it is a chrono and this problem is common and also advised me to go for a full servicing.When i asked for the price for servicing as since i bought this watch 4 years ago,i did not do any servicing at all.

When she quoted me the price,i nearly faint.Was quoted $730 onwards due to metal strap(puzzled by this remarks)If strap is not metal,it will be $670 onwards

I was thinking to myself i bought my watch close to $3k at that time and a single servicing cost that much!!! And the servcing will take 2 months to complete somemore,really crazy price leh!

Though they could not access the cost of repair and problem at this moment of time,i was also thinking of alternatives that if the repair cost is high,i will not do the repair with them and therefore wanted to seek help if anyone knows good & trustworthy shops that offer repairs and servicing at reasonable price so that I can check them out???

Hope to have some help here

Sorry to hear abt ur watch.

Its an Omega and its a chronograph and hence, the price for servicing will be higher. I think the metal bracelet will be sent for polishing and hence they charge more. The good thing is if u send them for servicing, they will give a 2 yr guarantee after the servicing.

However, u are right, there are cheaper (not sure if better =p) alternatives.
    JW watch (http://www.jwwatch.com/) offers servicing for omegas and other high end watches.

PS: I dont own any omega or ex watches (my most ex watch is a Royal Orient =(
    But this is the information i gathered when reading thru some of the seniors advice here. I bet they have better lobangs and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by ruzmidah View Post
      Sorry to hear abt ur watch.

Its an Omega and its a chronograph and hence, the price for servicing will be higher. I think the metal bracelet will be sent for polishing and hence they charge more. The good thing is if u send them for servicing, they will give a 2 yr guarantee after the servicing.

However, u are right, there are cheaper (not sure if better =p) alternatives.
      JW watch (http://www.jwwatch.com/) offers servicing for omegas and other high end watches.

PS: I dont own any omega or ex watches (my most ex watch is a Royal Orient =(
      But this is the information i gathered when reading thru some of the seniors advice here. I bet they have better lobangs and advice.
      Hi bro,thanks for your fast help & advise.Strange operation hours manz,kekeke!

I will check it out!

Comment

Hi,

Any kind souls for more shops that repairs Omega for a reasonable pricing.Even if it is a small but well known,trustworthy pushcart,i am willing to give them a try,kekeke!

Comment

try pm the nick horologyfanatic

alternative you can always head down to well repair places like JW, Top Hour, etc.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Try JW.

Comment

Check out Mr. Wong located at Lucky Chinatown #B2-21. Service my 10 year old Speedmaster at below $200 including a change of spring bar. His office number is 62274252. He was highly recommended by my colleague's dad. Was told that he was a good experience watch master.

Comment

omega speedmaster service

sorry to hear about your watch. sent to omega centre or jw u will get your head chopped. Trust Mr Wong, the one in lucky chinatown basement 2. I always bring my watches there to service. He has been servicing watches for more than 25 years. Charges for speedmaster not more than $200. Very reliable n honest man!

Comment

I have used Mr Koh of K2 Watch Company on the third floor of Tanjong Katong Complex to service my Seikos. He also repair Omega, Rolex and ETA-based watches. Google "K2 tanjong katong" and you can read up good comments on his service. Open 2pm to 9pm.

Comment

Try

Asian Timepiece Centre @ Sunshine Plaza. Very reasonable price.
                    They do repairs, although not obvious from their website.

http://asia-timepiece-centre.com/
                    My Humble Collection:
                    Universal Geneve Uni Compax 18k Cal.285
                    Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 2504.80.00
                    Omega Constellation Vintage Goldcapped Cal.564
                    Vostok Amphibian Black Radio Room
                    Orient Mako - Black

Comment

Hi all bros & sis,

First of all, i want to say a BIG thank you for all the help & advises rendered to me. This is indeed a very useful & helpful forum for watch lovers

I just received a call from Omega this late afternoon.I was simply told that the movement of my watch is not working and power reserve is limited and so,it is time my watch needs a full servicing.

Asked how much will that cost me?She replied me that Sir,it will be $760.00 exclude GST!!!

So I said it is ok,i am not going for it,she then replied,it is ok then,Sir,you can come & collect your watch anytime then,bye!

Think i will go check these few lobangs & recommendations out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alex168lim View Post
                        I have used Mr Koh of K2 Watch Company on the third floor of Tanjong Katong Complex to service my Seikos. He also repair Omega, Rolex and ETA-based watches. Google "K2 tanjong katong" and you can read up good comments on his service. Open 2pm to 9pm.
                        I've had good experience dealing with K2 Watch Co.

Comment

Originally posted by fedagent28 View Post
                          I've had good experience dealing with K2 Watch Co.
                          Hi bro,thank you for your feedback, could you pm me the contact of K2 and who to contact?

Thanks a million!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X