Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My wife says I have enought watches.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My wife says I have enought watches.....

Hello,
    I have a small delema. My wife says I have enough watches.
    I have bought her heaps of Louis Vuitton - I never say - you have enough bags.

I asked my wife the other day - "what watch would you buy me for a special anniversary or occassion?"
    She immediately said "you have enough watches already."

Sorry - but I only have 5 watches at present. Patek Philippe 5107, Vintage Vacheron 6405, Rolex Exp 1 14270, Rolex Exp II 16570, Omega Speedie Pro.

I was thinking the following would be ideal - Steel JLC Reverso, another Patek 3919/5119 or something special, minty 1601.

5 watches is not alot really. I have bought her 4 gorgeous watches - 3 x Cartier 18K Ladies and a Rolex 69174 with Romans dial.

Can't she see that watches make me happy?

I have read on this very forum that some wives/girlfriends have bought there man a Rolex or better still. (like a Patek).

Should I divorce her for a more generous wife?

PS - any ladies seeking a classy 42 year old guy who loves watches - please PM me!

So long as she does not stop you from buying watches using your own money you should be happy.

Try telling her that you could resell your watches when you want to and will not make much loss or may even make a profit (which is not always true of course, especially if you buy brand new).

Another way is to let go some of your watches before buying other watches. Are 5 watches a lot? Depends on who you ask.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Yes, I think a divorce is necessary.

Comment

first, you need to understand that bags, shoes and diamonds are never 1 too many for a female.

you mentioned that you buy her heaps of LV, is it what she really wants?

at least you have a patek, i dont even own one. i always tell my friend, when i buy a patek, it means it is the last watch i will buy.

look on the bright side, you got 5 watches which 2 are rolex. some people really want to own a rolex dont even own a rolex.

you will need to convey the message to her that watches makes you happy.

you bought her watches, but are those watches she chose willingly?

as to whether you should divorce her, it is up to you.

Originally posted by Archie42 View Post
        Hello,
        I have a small delema. My wife says I have enough watches.
        I have bought her heaps of Louis Vuitton - I never say - you have enough bags.

I asked my wife the other day - "what watch would you buy me for a special anniversary or occassion?"
        She immediately said "you have enough watches already."

Sorry - but I only have 5 watches at present. Patek Philippe 5107, Vintage Vacheron 6405, Rolex Exp 1 14270, Rolex Exp II 16570, Omega Speedie Pro.

I was thinking the following would be ideal - Steel JLC Reverso, another Patek 3919/5119 or something special, minty 1601.

5 watches is not alot really. I have bought her 4 gorgeous watches - 3 x Cartier 18K Ladies and a Rolex 69174 with Romans dial.

Can't she see that watches make me happy?

I have read on this very forum that some wives/girlfriends have bought there man a Rolex or better still. (like a Patek).

Should I divorce her for a more generous wife?

PS - any ladies seeking a classy 42 year old guy who loves watches - please PM me!
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          ...i always tell my friend, when i buy a patek, it means it is the last watch i will buy.
          don't speak so soon... you may end up with more watches after your first patek!
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Divorce cost more than a patek
            Currents:

AP ROO Safari
            Rolex Submarine Smurf
            Rolex Datejust TT
            Tag Heuer Carrera
            Omega SeaMaster Aqua Terra
            Seiko Military

Comment

... and all your watches put together .

some people collect watches; other collect tools (my old man); etc. to the average joe; it seems like you can have too much. at last count; my old man collect 300+ hammers, and about 100+ axes. my mom keep complaining about the hammers/axe; but my old man couldnt give two hoots.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Maybe try making a spreadsheet like professional accountant to show her you got a lot of spare change to buy many watches but you only buy one(for now) instead, cos women always worry husband overspend....

if still cannot then no choice but to divorce..LOL, but make sure next time sign pre-nuptial to allow minimum one watch per year...

Comment

heheheh...simply show her Bro Toffeesthings picture thread and she know u r 'normal' in here...hehehehehe
                  Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think your wife is right. Your current watch collection is sufficient. So stop buying.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

TS can sell his current collection at dirt cheap prices in the forum, then can buy new ones to make himself happy and don't need to divorce.

Archie42: by the way, if you decided to take on my suggestions, you don't need to thank me. Just pm me first before you post to sell anything, I don't mind trading my old sub with your patek.... :P

Comment

broarchie,
                        i suppose u r 42...im 38 only so i sympatise u cos u have been NAGGED for 4 extra more years than me...the only diff bet u and me is that i never buy her watches...cos she simply do not wear watches.

I hv only pam88, 1 pam312, 1 sinn, 1 Chophard. 4 watches, she COW BEH COW BU...how to buy my next P ROO which my panda has been calling out to me since last year...

The bro here is rite...u shld D her...and u shld start look for a PP gf now...i mean buy another pp.

Comment

This is what I tell my wife... I dun gamble, dun womanise, dun smoke, dun drink. What more can a woman ask for in a man. There are only some other nonsense she must tolerate me with e.g watch expenditure, cars, motorcycles, and some other hobbies... heehee
                          1 3 5
                          ├┼┼╕
                          2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                            This is what I tell my wife... I dun gamble, dun womanise, dun smoke, dun drink. What more can a woman ask for in a man. There are only some other nonsense she must tolerate me with e.g watch expenditure, cars, motorcycles, and some other hobbies... heehee
                            ya man. absolutely right. I don't gamble, smoke nor drink, siao car, siao hifi etc. too.

those activities can cost hundreds to thousands a month and very little residual value, if any.

For watches the most you loose 20-50%. A $200 wine, $200 whisky will not change the value of your pee.
                            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                              Like your argument .

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                              ...For watches the most you loose 20-50%. A $200 wine, $200 whisky will not change the value of your pee.
                              the whisky however may distort your vision to when you chiong nightlife
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X