Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factors that influence the kind of watch you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
    bro did i sound to young or naive? haha.

im in uni right now, i guess plenty students wear luxurious watches there, but i havent noticed many...lol.

Everybody has their own views, to each his own

I personally think that the watch represents you.

The rolex you wear to Uni doesnt represent you, my young friend.
    It represents the love your father has for you.

For most of us, it does represent us, becos we bought it with our hard earned cash.

Comment

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
      ...He saw my DJ II and kept his hands out of sight for the rest of the interview. In the end, he didnt get the job because he was incoherent throughout the interview. A young fresh grad from Uni with no working experience but wears a daytona for a job interview... a little over the top, wouldnt you think?
      To me; i dont think it matters. Ive gone for plenty of jobs here in oz wearing either my 6694 or 16233. no one gives two hoots about it. i only apply for jobs where i believe i can make a difference with my experience and as such; let my resume/experience do the talking.

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
      Well...i am lucky in a way that during my time working in a retail front shop....most of the sales people there have better cars and watches than the Big Boss himself...he dun mind 1 bit...

I remember going for the interview wearing my TT Sub with serti dial..that was many years back.....Got the job...stayed there for 5 years....
      Going for an interview; its the substance that you possess; not what you wear (clothing,accessories, etc).
      Having said that, i remember my uncle was telling me about one applicant who would turn up to interview in branded clothing top to bottom; pager on his belt, and had a slight arrogant look on his face. Needless to say; he put all that aside and decided to give him a shot; he not only excelled; but became good friends with him too

Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
      Lol my driving test next week I shall not wear my watch
      best thing; go there in shorts; singlet; and thongs . i did that; and the guy was like, you need the car for work eh?

For most of us, it does represent us, becos we bought it with our hard earned cash.
      wearing a rolex to uni isnt going to make you are more attractive; nor will your c*ck get any bigger. unless you have fanatics like us as your class mates; most people wont even care; heck your lecturers probably wont care either.

i wear my 6694 to lectures, and one lecturer noticed it; when i went to see him after class; we ended up talking about the unit; and ended up talking watches, audio, etc. he doesnt pass judgement (ive had him for a few units already).

i rock up to class these days dressed in shorts; thongs and a t shirt carrying my laptop in my hand. simplicity at its best!
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

well said Mr SC...hehehehe.....was the top sales person there for the next 5 years....
        Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Sorry no offence, but I bought it with my own money, not savings but earned income.

Comment

It may be stereotypical of you to have made that comment, but sorry coopster no offence; I bought it with my own money, not savings from my dad's money but earned income from trading in the markets.

and I too, dress plainly to school, I don't like attracting attention.

However, wearing the gmt ii that I bought myself reminds me and also keeps me focused on the success that I'm headed towards.

Cheers mates.

Comment

I think the watch does represent you to some degree, whether you bought it for yourself, it was gifted to you or otherwise, on the basis that you choose to wear it in the given circumstance. Of course what it says (or represents) about you depends on whether your choice is out of ignorance, love, respect, desire or something else or some combination of them; and the same watch in the same situation can say something different for two different people (eg, the Ref 3495 at uni representing a reminder of reward and goals for one person and the desire to wear a gifted heirloom and a reminder of a loved one for another).

FWIW, my boss wears a quartz watch and wear that 3495 because I'm a old fogey and a product of an institution that produces old fogeys.

Comment

Wearing a watch does not determine what kinda of person u are and what social class u are at. Its just that u are able to recognize and appreciate the value of fine watch making. If u are driven becos of the gmt 2 that u are wearing then good for u. Lotsa undergrads or even ppl who just got out of sch know and appreciate fine watches and they work towards getting one but if TS thinks that by having a better watch determines and contrast urself from ur fellow peers, then i have say tt its just sad and shallow of u to think so. Moreover, this is a watch forum. Ppl shld refrain from categorizing ppl from their value of their watch collection. They are many many richer ppl out there who make do in only 1 rolex but have tons of savings.

One guy ard me have a FA jones as a daily beater in sch yet he's humble and does not flaunt it. Wearing a nice watch to an interview is cool too, so long as that guy is a modest. One should not be shot down just becos he's wearing a better watch than his seniors imho.

Anyway in this generation, I've to say more ppl are becoming more yuppie. Brands and labels are being worn by younger ppl so one shld not be envious tt they did not get tt kind of "treatment" when they were younger back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimson View Post
                  Lotsa undergrads or even ppl who just got out of sch know and appreciate fine watches and they work towards getting one but if TS thinks that by having a better watch determines and contrast urself from ur fellow peers, then i have say tt its just sad and shallow of u to think so. Moreover, this is a watch forum. Ppl shld refrain from categorizing ppl from their value of their watch collection. They are many many richer ppl out there who make do in only 1 rolex but have tons of savings.
                  Yet another guy who is judging me. I'm sorry, but I'm a humble person by nature, nor do I have such conceited thoughts... so I'd appreciate that you don't judge anyone on face value.

Thank you.

Comment

Using hard earned money to buy the Rolex GMTiiC at your age is damn impressive, I don't think many of us can do this while studying, why don't give credits to TS for such accomplishments, but criticize him? Cannot eat the grape say grape is sour?

Comment

Aiyah...spend your money anyway you like it...as long as u are happy

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          darkie, steady. i like what u say. as long as use own money, don rob or cheat and happy can liao

Comment

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
                            Yet another guy who is judging me. I'm sorry, but I'm a humble person by nature, nor do I have such conceited thoughts... so I'd appreciate that you don't judge anyone on face value.

Thank you.
                            Judging from the way u sounded, it seems so to me. I'm sry if i've offended you from my reply.

Comment

Originally posted by paperplanes00 View Post
                              Using hard earned money to buy the Rolex GMTiiC at your age is damn impressive, I don't think many of us can do this while studying, why don't give credits to TS for such accomplishments, but criticize him? Cannot eat the grape say grape is sour?
                              Not trying to criticize TS for using his own $ to get a GMT. Pls read properly before flaming. I was telling TS to not judge his peers just becos he owns a better timepiece. What is there to feel sour abt?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimson View Post
                                Not trying to criticize TS for using his own $ to get a GMT. Pls read properly before flaming. I was telling TS to not judge his peers just becos he owns a better timepiece. What is there to feel sour abt?
                                Hi bro, didn't arrow you why so agitated? Chill! Cheers

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X