Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factors that influence the kind of watch you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wear my explorer 1 for all occasions and its pretty appropriate. I think most importantly the watch's style has to go with the person wearing it, if not it'll feel very weird.
    I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      I m guessing that we are about the same age! A lot of young rolex owners these days man.

I don't wear my rolexes to poly, keep low profile. At most its my tag which caught quite abit of attention also.

At work, during my internship I was rather unlucky, I wore my sub under my long sleeves and so happens the new boss came in then caught me with my sub when I was in my casual fri dressing. He apparently knows about watches and wears only a guess watch. Was nt well liked ever since. Wad to do haha suck thumb =/
      I think your that boss is very the stick in the mud.
      I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
        I wear my AP Volcano, Pam 233 and sometimes my WG daytona to school , but no one seems to bother. LOL
        tats wat i notice, nobody will bother wat u wear, except yourself

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Wearing rolex or other luxurious watches that cost thounds of dollars to school? No, and I will not want my kid to do that either. Why? Because it is just inappropriate, and might hinder his socialness and attract the wrong companions in school, unless of course if your kid go to a "rich school" when most mates wear expensive stuff. I am not saying kids/teens who love branded or luxurious items are bad companions but you get my point.

Wearing a watch that is more expensive than that of your boss? Yes. Because it is understood that the boss earns more than I do, and the fact that he chose a more humble watch should not deprive me the right to wear the watch that I like and enjoy.

Double standard? Yes. You learn the value when young, and spend or splash the money you earn at your own discretion when you are adult.
          somehow the comparism will be wrong with u relate it to cars. bosses generally dun like subordinates who drive bigger cars than them

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            I m guessing that we are about the same age! A lot of young rolex owners these days man.

I don't wear my rolexes to poly, keep low profile. At most its my tag which caught quite abit of attention also.

At work, during my internship I was rather unlucky, I wore my sub under my long sleeves and so happens the new boss came in then caught me with my sub when I was in my casual fri dressing. He apparently knows about watches and wears only a guess watch. Was nt well liked ever since. Wad to do haha suck thumb =/
            u no need wear watch lah, once u take out your vertu, everyone will know leow

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
              u no need wear watch lah, once u take out your vertu, everyone will know leow
              No money already man...selling my vertu hhahah

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

my boss wears a swatch. but he does not say anything. but he drive a bigger CC car compared to my 1500cc car.

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
                somehow the comparism will be wrong with u relate it to cars. bosses generally dun like subordinates who drive bigger cars than them
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

what watch i wear depends on how i want to coordinate colours of my clothes. also the weather plays a important part of whether i wear a cheaper or more expensive watch and also if i'm going to choose between a bracelet or leather strap.
                  fallraen
                  "Grandpa were you a hero in the war?" "No,"he answered,"but I served in a company of heros."

Comment

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
                    Hi guys,

what kind of factors influence the watch you wear?

For example,
                    Do you wear rolex or other luxurious watch to school?

Do you wear a watch that is more expensive than your boss to work?

I wear my Sub Date occassionally to work.

Most of the time it is Seiko or Casio Edifice.

Aiming for a Tag Carrera or Ball as my daily wear.

My boss wears an IWC. Still cheaper than my Sub after discount!!
                    It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
                    Aristotle Onassis

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start.
                    Nido Qubein

I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
                    Jimmy Dean

Comment

Unless you are a postgrad, I dun see the reason for non working students to be wearing Rolexes or expensive watches. Anything above $2K, I would consider expensive. I will never allow my kid to wear anything more even if he saves enuff to buy a Rolex.

Personally the joy of owning Rolex is through achievement and by acheivement, I meant through working your way up the ladder.
                      That would be the value I want to teach my kid.

Likewise for cars, during NS time, I was driving my dad's on weekends. When I started working, I drove a COE Honda Civic 2dr, proved that I was a careful and responsible driver enough to upgrade to a near 10 year old Miata MX5. After that, finally own a brand new Mini Cooper S and have been driving Coopster for the past 6.5 years. I will be car debt free in 5 months time. Will I change cars? No because for the next 3 years before getting COE for Coopster, I will be able to save some monies. I dont wish to be stuck in car debt again for the next 7 years, that would be unwise.

Through cars and watches, I learn the values of "work your way up". My parents make sure I learnt those values over time and I am damn proud to say I work hard for my watches and cars.

My Coopster is only 1.6, smallest in size and capacity in comparison to my bosses' mostly big saloon cars but we all know, mine outruns theirs anyday. So its not about the size.

These days, I wear my DJ from Mon to Thurs, Sub from Fri - Sun. When I have to, I will wear to fit the right occassion. I am now in senior position and I have worked my ass off the last 10 years.

Coincidentally, I interviewed a young chap fresh from Uni for a position in my team just a few weeks ago, I saw a black daytona on his wrist. Could tell it was either brand new or well taken of...in my heart, I said to myself, if I were him, I would have kept a lower profile.

He saw my DJ II and kept his hands out of sight for the rest of the interview. In the end, he didnt get the job because he was incoherent throughout the interview. A young fresh grad from Uni with no working experience but wears a daytona for a job interview... a little over the top, wouldnt you think?

Comment

Bro. I agreed with your views on working our asses up the ladder and enjoy later, hopefully our health can maintain to enjoy the fruits of our success.

Actually Rolexes now are just entry level even if you consider the sports models, unless bling bling are involved. Any auntie or ah pek on the streets can afford one, I have saw many auntie cleaning the tables wearing DJs. So why do I still wear a Rolex? Cos I get more stares and looks for wearing a Rolex (Asians always salute ROLEX) then any other branded watches. But most importantly that is what I can afford at the moment. Of course if money is no issue why would I want a Rolex, I will get more ex watches and don't give a damn what other thinks.

Basically, wearing any watch is ok as long as you feel SHIOK and you can afford it. But any fakes is a no no!

OT, maybe the young chap had a fake daytona that's why keep it away from your preying eyes.

Comment

Well...i am lucky in a way that during my time working in a retail front shop....most of the sales people there have better cars and watches than the Big Boss himself...he dun mind 1 bit...

I remember going for the interview wearing my TT Sub with serti dial..that was many years back.....Got the job...stayed there for 5 years....
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Bro, all the more I wouldnt wear a fake...

Maybe i am old school but I subscribe to the teaching of wearing the right size hat...when I was interviewed for my current position, guess what I wore? I wore my then Tag Monaco instead.

And you right, most Asians WOW at the sight of Rolex...esp the older generations...and I think I am fast becoming one myself..

Originally posted by clemo View Post
                            Bro. I agreed with your views on working our asses up the ladder and enjoy later, hopefully our health can maintain to enjoy the fruits of our success.

Actually Rolexes now are just entry level even if you consider the sports models, unless bling bling are involved. Any auntie or ah pek on the streets can afford one, I have saw many auntie cleaning the tables wearing DJs. So why do I still wear a Rolex? Cos I get more stares and looks for wearing a Rolex (Asians always salute ROLEX) then any other branded watches. But most importantly that is what I can afford at the moment. Of course if money is no issue why would I want a Rolex, I will get more ex watches and don't give a damn what other thinks.

Basically, wearing any watch is ok as long as you feel SHIOK and you can afford it. But any fakes is a no no!

OT, maybe the young chap had a fake daytona that's why keep it away from your preying eyes.

Comment

Lol my driving test next week I shall not wear my watch

Comment

Agree with you wholeheartedly bro.

Passed on some other 'nicer' watches and worn an Omega SMP 2254-50 when I interviewed with my current Company 6+ years ago. Am in a client-facing role and still wear some of my more 'understated' watches when meeting clients.

Originally posted by coopster9 View Post
                                Bro, all the more I wouldnt wear a fake...

Maybe i am old school but I subscribe to the teaching of wearing the right size hat...when I was interviewed for my current position, guess what I wore? I wore my then Tag Monaco instead.

And you right, most Asians WOW at the sight of Rolex...esp the older generations...and I think I am fast becoming one myself..
                                运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X