Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factors that influence the kind of watch you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not many people in pirmary and secondary school have knowledge of luxury watch. that's why they are not able to identify luxury watches. when i was in secondary school my friends usually associates rolex with gold gold watches and the crown logo they did not know much...
    For me i think that luxury watches are not appropriate to be worn to school...will attract unwanted attention...

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Do most of us Singaporean wear very differently when we go to market or orchard road?
      No ......me... I still wear short / t shirt to orchard just only I don't go orchard road sooooo offen.

I wear rolex to bath my dog too. No big deal wear a rolex. Unless you wear a ten over thousand watch sweeping floor in orchard road lol

Comment

my explorer II can be worn to most places be it having dinner with friends @ restaurant or coffee shop or going to work or attending wedding dinner.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Really depends on attire, environment, etc.

In office, I generally prefer elegant & understated timepieces (mostly on alligator straps) and on Fri / weekends, i tend to go for sporty watches ...
          运筹帷幄 决胜千里

Comment

to school? never in my lifetime, I couldn't afford it back then. Probably not in my junior's pri/ sec time too, I can't afford that as well. Beyond that it's his choice, that's provided he can afford it.

All my watches have to go from under truck chassis to fine dining restaurants, at most take off the watch before getting my hands soak in grease and engine oil..

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              I m guessing that bro you shld be in sec sch?w
              Wet market is ok what? Hahaha....

But I do agree with pegasi, keep low profile. Words from your peer here
              bro did i sound to young or naive? haha.

im in uni right now, i guess plenty students wear luxurious watches there, but i havent noticed many...lol.

Everybody has their own views, to each his own

I personally think that the watch represents you.

Comment

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
                Where are you studying? nobody cares? omg.

I was wondering if luxury watches are too much for school. maybe tertiary institutions still ok la hor.

wearing a rolex to wet market, anyone?
                Haha, I'm a old students le, doing private school !
                Most of them don't know watch well, so nobody ask !
                Focal JM_Labs .
                "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                Cartier Santos 100XL
                Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

what course you doing?

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                  Haha, I'm a old students le, doing private school !
                  Most of them don't know watch well, so nobody ask !
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Do most of us Singaporean wear very differently when we go to market or orchard road?
                    For me no, i anyhow wear...
                    Wear b4 giordano t-shirt+hang ten bermudas to Takashimaya to meet friends..
                    However, when entering some "high class" shop, the people all gv me a dirty look, then go up the i think is "koka" eat food place, staffs inside all don't come out when i stand at the door...
                    Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by m33pok View Post
                      not many people in pirmary and secondary school have knowledge of luxury watch. that's why they are not able to identify luxury watches. when i was in secondary school my friends usually associates rolex with gold gold watches and the crown logo they did not know much...
                      Even some adults also do not know, during CNY, went to fiancee's boss home to gamble. wore a 3rd or 4th hand gold rolex..
                      His boss eyes big big, say my is low class, his rolex sport watch is high class...Then normal days i wear gmt2c & explorer 2 he cannot tell at all..
                      Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cop View Post
                        For me no, i anyhow wear...
                        Wear b4 giordano t-shirt+hang ten bermudas to Takashimaya to meet friends..
                        However, when entering some "high class" shop, the people all gv me a dirty look, then go up the i think is "koka" eat food place, staffs inside all don't come out when i stand at the door...
                        that happens to me quite often. once i met a group of friends (indos); then i turned up; thongs; shorts and singlet. they told me; next time wear abit nicer can

another time; i went for a dinner; again with an indo, she turned around and told me to change into something more "presentable" i was already in pressed trousers; shoes and a t shirt . So on the way to restaurant; go home; change my shirt.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I can't believe that your dad insisted that you wear a rolex with diamonds to school Or did your dad insist to buy you this rolex as a present and then you yourself decided to wear it to school? Surely your dad can afford another watch besides your rolex and cartier, which is more appropriate to be used in the college? What do the teachers in the college say about it?

Sorry if I make you feel like I am too k-po or invading your privacy...as a father myself I have difficult understanding such a behaviour...
                          Hey erm it was meant for my everyday watch...so ya it's my only watch now...my teacher nvr ask much studying in international school so togs around me also can afford de ba...

Comment

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
                            bro did i sound to young or naive? haha.

im in uni right now, i guess plenty students wear luxurious watches there, but i havent noticed many...lol.

Everybody has their own views, to each his own

I personally think that the watch represents you.
                            Sorry bro, just mere speculations because you sounded like you weren't in a tertiary institution

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                              what course you doing?
                              entrepreneur development
                              Focal JM_Labs .
                              "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
                              Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
                              Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
                              Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
                              Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
                              Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
                              Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
                              Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
                              Cartier Santos 100XL
                              Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

will sms you for more details. sounds interesting.

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
                                entrepreneur development

kindly email with
                                2. your nick

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X