Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factors that influence the kind of watch you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factors that influence the kind of watch you wear?

Hi guys,

what kind of factors influence the watch you wear?

For example,
    Do you wear rolex or other luxurious watch to school?

Do you wear a watch that is more expensive than your boss to work?

I wear my AP Volcano, Pam 233 and sometimes my WG daytona to school , but no one seems to bother. LOL
    Focal JM_Labs .
    "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
    Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
    Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
    Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
    Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
    Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
    Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
    Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
    Cartier Santos 100XL
    Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Simple. Whatever attire I wear & for what occasion
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

to answer your questions. yes to both.

when i work in sales job; i wore a rolex to the interview; i wore it to top level meetings too. as well as to class.

no one really takes notice; unless your boss is a watch fanatic.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
          I wear my AP Volcano, Pam 233 and sometimes my WG daytona to school , but no one seems to bother. LOL
          That's becoz you didn't bang table...
          Anyway, I only wear dress watch to work, weekends will be sport series watches...
          His
          - Raymond Weil Ref. 9110ST
          - TAG HEUER Ref. 669.213
          - TAG HEUER Ref. CAF1112.BA0803
          - SEIKO Ref. 7T32-7H10
          - SEIKO Ref. SARC017
          - Rolex Submariner Ref. 116613LB S/YG
          - Rolex DSSD Ref. 116660 SS

Hers
          - Raymond Weil Ref. 9991
          - Burberry Ref. 02845 BU1050
          - TAG HEUER Ref. WN131K.BA
          - Tudor Ref. 22010
          - Rolex DJ 31mm Ref. 178343 S/YG (green dial)

Comment

Originally posted by BRABUS View Post
            Where are you studying? nobody cares? omg.

I was wondering if luxury watches are too much for school. maybe tertiary institutions still ok la hor.

wearing a rolex to wet market, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by WristPresence View Post
              I do!

I wear AP Panda, IWC 5004, PAM 312 to work when i feel like it. But my Rolex sub is my daily wear.
              | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Wearing rolex or other luxurious watches that cost thounds of dollars to school? No, and I will not want my kid to do that either. Why? Because it is just inappropriate, and might hinder his socialness and attract the wrong companions in school, unless of course if your kid go to a "rich school" when most mates wear expensive stuff. I am not saying kids/teens who love branded or luxurious items are bad companions but you get my point.

Wearing a watch that is more expensive than that of your boss? Yes. Because it is understood that the boss earns more than I do, and the fact that he chose a more humble watch should not deprive me the right to wear the watch that I like and enjoy.

Double standard? Yes. You learn the value when young, and spend or splash the money you earn at your own discretion when you are adult.
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Do most of us Singaporean wear very differently when we go to market or orchard road?

Comment

I was wondering if luxury watches are too much for school. maybe tertiary institutions still ok la hor.

I m guessing that we are about the same age! A lot of young rolex owners these days man.

I don't wear my rolexes to poly, keep low profile. At most its my tag which caught quite abit of attention also.

At work, during my internship I was rather unlucky, I wore my sub under my long sleeves and so happens the new boss came in then caught me with my sub when I was in my casual fri dressing. He apparently knows about watches and wears only a guess watch. Was nt well liked ever since. Wad to do haha suck thumb =/

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

I m guessing that bro you shld be in sec sch?w
                      Wet market is ok what? Hahaha....

But I do agree with pegasi, keep low profile. Words from your peer here

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

[QUOTE=Darkangel;397057]I m guessing that bro you shld be in sec sch?w
                        Wet market is ok what? Hahaha....

Maybe he's a father wanting to get his pri school son a Sub to wear for swimming lessons? Or a AP for scuba diving?

I do realize, a greater Wrist Presence (not TS) can have his advantages (eg:impress the potential client) or disadvantage (even friends don't feel comfortable sometimes)

Comment

Yo I'm wearing my rolex to school. College only..No choice as my Cartier has not arrive... A big attention seeker.....the reason is because my parents want my my first watch to be a rolex...and my dad insisted on diamonds....

Comment

Originally posted by noobzpro View Post
                            Yo I'm wearing my rolex to school. College only..No choice as my Cartier has not arrive... A big attention seeker.....the reason is because my parents want my my first watch to be a rolex...and my dad insisted on diamonds....
                            I can't believe that your dad insisted that you wear a rolex with diamonds to school Or did your dad insist to buy you this rolex as a present and then you yourself decided to wear it to school? Surely your dad can afford another watch besides your rolex and cartier, which is more appropriate to be used in the college? What do the teachers in the college say about it?

Sorry if I make you feel like I am too k-po or invading your privacy...as a father myself I have difficult understanding such a behaviour...

Comment

define school. if pri or sec school; then may be attention seeker and inappropriate. if talking poly/uni; usually is adult already. so i reckon no biggie.

i wore my old man 6694 to sec school early no one noticed it. i kept quiet. only one teacher asked me if that was a rolex. wore my 16233 to uni too. no one gave two hoots about it, until i met with my economics supervisor; he shared many hobbies similar to me, inc audio, watches and cars

maybe when i have kids i will have a different take on things; but for now i stand by what i said.
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X