No announcement yet.

Seeking Opinion : Buying from Watch Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u can always negotiate with WA. indicate that you will want to authenticate the watch, i believe you will still have to pay in full. then ask them to write it down on the receipt saying that if any parts is not found to be authentic by RSC, they will give u a full refund.

i see no reason why they would not accede to such request considering you paying in full. i bought a rolex bracelet from one of the shops in people's park. i told the shop owner that i will go authenticate it, if not genuine, i will come back for a refund. i paid in full. he indicate that full refund should RSC found not to be geniune.

Originally posted by Forsei View Post
    Just tagging on the qns here...

Say, I get a BNIB overseas watch from WA. Say it comes with a papers etc.
    It's either a) buy it, trust tt it's a genuine deal, be happy
    b) buy it, then go authenticate with RSC for peace of mind
    c) Authenticate 1st, then buy <- is this possible?

tks!
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      u can always negotiate with WA. indicate that you will want to authenticate the watch, i believe you will still have to pay in full. then ask them to write it down on the receipt saying that if any parts is not found to be authentic by RSC, they will give u a full refund.

i see no reason why they would not accede to such request considering you paying in full. i bought a rolex bracelet from one of the shops in people's park. i told the shop owner that i will go authenticate it, if not genuine, i will come back for a refund. i paid in full. he indicate that full refund should RSC found not to be geniune.
      Hi boss,
      Tks for the suggestion, i think it sounds most reasonable...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
        BNIB means stickers intact....
        Bro, now New Rolex no more green sticker... Cost saving.

Baseline is you got to trust them, there are a few PD in our forum bringing watches from overseas.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
        SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
        SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
        SS SD,
        SS YM,
        SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Bro, I meant protective stickers (those transparent ones), not the green sticker....

Originally posted by tomcatf View Post
          Bro, now New Rolex no more green sticker... Cost saving.

Baseline is you got to trust them, there are a few PD in our forum bringing watches from overseas.

Comment

Bro, I meant protective stickers (those transparent ones), not the green sticker....
            Oh, I see, plus bezel cover too... green price tag, red seal tag... Got what you mean

SS Daytona Black Dial,
            SS SD,
            SS YM,
            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

So, to me, stickers still intact is considered BNIB.... no stickers mint condition is still LNIB.... whether previous owner wear it with stickers intact for 1 month, I don't mind... just mental barrier...

Oh, I see, plus bezel cover too... green price tag, red seal tag... Got what you mean

Comment

Beautiful thing about Rolex watches is.... Send it to RSC for a overhaul and the watch will be BNIB... But pocket also a hole

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                SS SD,
                SS YM,
                SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

Today RSC quoted me $460 to overhaul my 16700... still thinking whether to do it or not...

Beautiful thing about Rolex watches is.... Send it to RSC for a overhaul and the watch will be BNIB... But pocket also a hole

Comment

Today RSC quoted me $460 to overhaul my 16700... still thinking whether to do it or not...
                    I sent my GMT 2, W series for a $440 overhaul Last year.... It was beautifully done up LNIB and cover with 1 year warranty. Bro, You will not regret.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

so anyone buy watches from WA before and have brought it to RSC for authentication, and realised it is a non-genuine piece?

Comment

honestly, i dont think there has been a case, as you can imagine, ONE incident and their reputation will be gone.
                        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                        Blue 6694
                        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I have no such experience before... I have seen them opening Rolex cases and check it themselves... so I think they are "pro" enough to make sure all their rolex are real...

Originally posted by foofam77 View Post
                          so anyone buy watches from WA before and have brought it to RSC for authentication, and realised it is a non-genuine piece?

Comment

Just becareful of "Franker" Rolex which it will appear in pre-owned shop, such watches are always fitted with "after-market" parts, such as diamond bezels...
                            RSC will not service the Rolex if they are not original.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

true true... make sure you ask the seller if ALL the parts are original....

Just becareful of "Franker" Rolex which it will appear in pre-owned shop, such watches are always fitted with "after-market" parts, such as diamond bezels...
                              RSC will not service the Rolex if they are not original.

Comment

Got one of the watch from there, good service, even better pricing and also local set somemore. The watch I bought came in original rolex factory packing.
                                Current

Rolex DSSD
                                Rolex SD
                                Pam 162
                                Pam 351
                                Tudor Hydronaut
                                Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                                Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile