Seeking Opinion : Buying from Watch Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coldzy View Post
    Got one of the watch from there, good service, even better pricing and also local set somemore. The watch I bought came in original rolex factory packing.
    same here...the factory packing is those sort of transparent plastic casing right?

did u bring the watch to RSC for verification?

Comment

What is the different between local and export set? Are you referring to pre-owned or brand new here? Thanks.

Comment

Local = buying from local AD eg. THG, WP, KHH, THH
        Export set = Parallel Import. gray dealers buying from overseas such as japan, HK and selling it in sg.

Originally posted by natasha View Post
        What is the different between local and export set? Are you referring to pre-owned or brand new here? Thanks.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Is it SAFE to buy from Watch Arena? I saw some of the pieces and the prices quoted appear relatively lower compared to the ADs (even after slashing price)...
          WISHLIST
          Yachtmaster2 116688
          Sky Dweller
          AP ROO Black Theme
          WG Submariner

Comment

safe.... if you worry, send it to RSC to check...

Originally posted by Vedder007 View Post
            Is it SAFE to buy from Watch Arena? I saw some of the pieces and the prices quoted appear relatively lower compared to the ADs (even after slashing price)...

Comment

Think they are able to offer a lower price dur to the fact their cost of running their business is lower than the ADs...

Comment

Yeah...of course

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  safe.... if you worry, send it to RSC to check...
                  Hi Vedder007,

If you mean ROLEX watches only, then 116520's suggestion is appropriate. If you are asking on other brands, then do check which is the correct distributor. Because WA not only sells ROLEX watches.

WA is similar to most other watch dealers/shops here like Visiotime, JW Watch, Hobbylink, etc. IMO, it is still better to get a watch purchased from them authenticated for peace of mind. Why are most of their (WA) watches slightly less expensive is because (I believe) most of them are overseas sets. I visited them months ago and almost all of the watches I'd asked were overseas sets, ranging from Explorers, Submariners and Daytonas, to pams and IWCs.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

True.

Their watches is mostly oversea sets. And price slightly lower then local AD. But some sets does not have complete set such as accessories.

As for their service. I would like to feedback there is a young lad who is very firm on price and a elderly salesman who is sometimes nagging. Overall their watch price is reasonable.

As for price wise I think some of SROC Dealers price are also competitive to theirs.

Comment

young lady? got young lady there meh?

Those elderly salesmen are really nagging.... you're right... ha ha...

Originally posted by optimusprime View Post
                      True.

Their watches is mostly oversea sets. And price slightly lower then local AD. But some sets does not have complete set such as accessories.

As for their service. I would like to feedback there is a young lad who is very firm on price and a elderly salesman who is sometimes nagging. Overall their watch price is reasonable.

As for price wise I think some of SROC Dealers price are also competitive to theirs.

Comment

He said young lad not young lady haha..

ya a bit too talkative for my liking..but service is good tho
                        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

overall i must say having good impression about them compare to some of the private retail shop i have been to. but this kind of issue really very individual.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind advice. I do have some additional questions after reading some other threads:

1. What is the difference between a local set and and overseas one?
                            2. How much would it cost to have a Rolex checked for authenticity at RSC? How long would it take?
                            WISHLIST
                            Yachtmaster2 116688
                            Sky Dweller
                            AP ROO Black Theme
                            WG Submariner

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind advice. I do have some additional questions after reading some other threads:

1. What is the difference between a local set and and overseas one?
                              2. How much would it cost to have a Rolex checked for authenticity at RSC? How long would it take?
                              watch wise no difference, but some people prefer local set. As for authenticity at RSC, S.S watches = $75 as for gold and T.T should be $100.
                              If there is no queue should take around 20 to 25 min

Comment

Watch Arena used to be a pawn shop until about 3 years ago when the sons decided to take over and focus only on watches. Yes, they do import a lot of their watches especially from Japan which is one of the top Asian importers of Swiss watches.

I must say that they have some of the best prices in Singapore, but no harm checking around. They have a BNIB GMT IIc 'V' series going for S$8.5k. But variations in prices not just affected by supply and demand, but also timing of initial purchase which affects exchange rates.

The watch import market is a very interesting one. There is also a lot of manipulation of second hand watch prices by brand owners themselves to maintain values.

So, the final price of your watch is dependent on many factors and variables. Of course when price of a particular watch is higher at one shop compared to another, our first instinct is that they are out to make super high margins. But as you can see from above, it all varies.

Therefore, best thing to do when you want to buy any particular watch model is to always do your own homework, and timing! Remember, caveat emptor.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X