Best camera shops in Singapore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hunz View Post
    what does AMK stand for? -- singapore is small enough to get outside CBD, I don't know any dealers well enough as I am a 'tourist' in their eyes. But willing to go outside CBD to sight-see as well as maybe get a better deal :-)
    Don't worry you can go to www.mscolor.com.sg or www.cathayphoto.com.sg. Just email them the model and ask for quote. The price they gave in the email will always be lower then walk in customers .

Comment

ah ok. kum sia. no harm in dropping them an email

Comment

My colleagues and I usually get our cams and stuff from Alan Photos. Very reasonable prices so far.
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

the bottom line is different people will get different service from different shops. most important is go to various shops and compare what additional items they can give you. more importantly is the size of memory card. prices are about the same for most of the recommended shops.

i wont go to pegasi's recommendation though it is recommended by 2 of my kakis. bad experience with them.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

These shops got sell Leica M9? Friend say good.

Comment

Leica M9 good. different league liao. can always email them for a quote.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              These shops got sell Leica M9? Friend say good.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
              2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Agreed with you! Although LP is famous for chopping carrot, I got better deal from them because I know those ah beng sales there... just check around 1st. When I buy camera, I check a few shops, eg those "good" shops bros mentioned here, but I don't check the whole world. Most of the time, I walk in and tell the sales straight in the face that I am BUYING (not see see look look) this camera and ask for BEST price. Listen to his price, if your regular shop has given you a price, quote that price to him and see if he can do better. Most of the time, as a walk-in, they can't match the price given by my friend, so I will go back to the LP shop and buy loh.

Those who kena chop are those who never check. Rememebr! Stick to what you are looking for, this sales can sweet talk. If you buy another brand/model at a higher price, don't blame them, they are trained to do so...don't forget, they are sales not priest. Many ppl make noise in the media that got cheated lah, this and that. I find that really stupid, this is the real world, sometimes you need to pay "school fees" to be smart in this "real world"... some bros here might disagree with me, saying that by complaining or posting in media can "warn" others about this bad sheeps... I don't think so... normally those who got cheated are those who want to find the "Best deal in town" people... that's why there are still people who go Sim Lim for cameras, Queenstowns for shoes... I buy from these places and I have no problem. Just do your homework, if you don't, you go anywhere also kena "cheated", if you consider that as cheating...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                the bottom line is different people will get different service from different shops. most important is go to various shops and compare what additional items they can give you.

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                  ... not priest. ...
                  priest also not good people one plenty of (bad) stories on so called priests.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

if DSLR, Mscolour or John 3:16 (slightly more ex but good/ friendly service), PnS can try the electronic shop along the Chinatown Heritage Centre, I've bought a samsung mid-tier PnS for OC there previously, at almost $100 cheaper than all others. I think they claimed to be distributors for certain brands.

Ultimately, still have to do some legwork to check out..

Comment

Leica M9 good. different league liao. can always email them for a quote.
                      What you mean different league. Looks small and easy to use. The design quite retro and nice leather. Saw it when in HK but never ask. Locally, walk around place like challenger and Best Denki never see.

I found those Nikon and Canon too huge so friend recommend Leica. I not really into cams cos for years use my SE cybershot phone and a Nikon idoit proof type.

Comment

leica is in the league on their own.

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                        What you mean different league. Looks small and easy to use. The design quite retro and nice leather. Saw it when in HK but never ask. Locally, walk around place like challenger and Best Denki never see.

I found those Nikon and Canon too huge so friend recommend Leica. I not really into cams cos for years use my SE cybershot phone and a Nikon idoit proof type.

kindly email with
                        2. your nick

Comment

leica is in the league on their own.
                          Think I got you. Do you mean we are talking about iphone and Nokia...and Vertu is a different league that kind of meaning?

I remember the camera I saw (Leica but dont remember model) looks very simple and retro design. Arh...a Paul Newman?

OK. Then I keep my money and use my hp cam.

Comment

I think what triton means is the quality of leica is different from the others camera brands. What I know is leica built good lens. Me I always wanted to own one .

Comment

yes. the quality of leica is totally different. if you have an opportunity to try, please do. pictures taken are so much different from that of other brands using same settings.

kindly email with
                              2. your nick

Comment

The limited edition LEICA M9 ‘Titanium’ is retailing at S$38,800....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X