No announcement yet.

Will you speak up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But that's always the case... they are not cheating you... if they inform you in advance, I will pay the $150...

If the plumber ask for $150 only when after everything is fixed... forget it...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
    hard to say in cases like this; im sure we all kenna from auto garages. they say oil and filter change. 1.5hr later they call you up; say bushes need to change. brake disk need shimming. so how?

or as per the plumber case. you ask him to change seal and resand the internals. he come back to you; say you need arrester etc. better still; he say, to regrind the tap cost extra. those in plumbing line will know that if tap never regrind; no matter how good the seal is; you will always have a leaky tap.

speaking of which; i got to do my whole house taps soon

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
      But that's always the case... they are not cheating you... if they inform you in advance, I will pay the $150...

If the plumber ask for $150 only when after everything is fixed... forget it...
      Yah, if said $50 i pay $50, but before plumber starts work, he better inform 1st if i have to pay more. It is not that he is in the wrong. there might be additional jobs for him to do hence the extra costs but at least tell me 1st so i will not get a shock or thought the plumber trying to cheat There was a time my house pipe leak, on phone said $100 plus, finish liao charge $400 plus. Too much diff. This i think is cheating, but my mum paid liao so LL lor haha.

Comment

Originally posted by uglybaba View Post
        I agree with you. Just from my personal view, that's probably why people do not want to put in negative feedback because not sure if they have the rights, the fear of being rebuke or sued maybe there. No harm acquiring more knowledge in this, I think.
        Bro uglybaba, never know got so many Biz laws, really thanks for sharing U working as lawyer? I also have to agree with u most of us will not put in negative remarks for fear of been sued or maybe more by the other party or parties. Also dono will win case or not because it might not worth the time and money or may not be familiar with biz laws. Say good things easy, u happy i happy end of story. Say bad things, u don agree i don agree, feelings are hurt, things gets complicated, lots of issues haha, Like what bro uglybaba said, scared of rebuke or arguement. That also bring us to a closer issue right in front of our eyes. Our own feedback section. Ever wonder why feedback ratings given to us or we give to others are mostly postive or all postive? It can only serves as a guide and might not be entirely true. How true it is, only Gods know haha Everybody got their own level of expectations and for those who said hey i got alot of good ratings, blah blah blah or come buy from me, see my ratings, i think only themselves will know how many deals went wrong and swept under the carpet

Comment

your first comment reminds me of someone who was asked to remove a comment or else incur the wrath of a legal letter.

i also agree with you that the iTrader system is not 100%. however, as i have mentioned earlier, it serves as a guide. members are savy and mature enough to know that it is a guide and need to LOOK deeper into it. there are various ways which some members have communicated with me and i fully agree with the course of actions they took to before deciding whether to deal with the seller or not.

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
          I also have to agree with u most of us will not put in negative remarks for fear of been sued or maybe more by the other party or parties.

Our own feedback section. Ever wonder why feedback ratings given to us or we give to others are mostly postive or all postive? It can only serves as a guide and might not be entirely true.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

this thread was started with feedback against sellers.

but how about buyers? im sure there are many sellers who encountered no show buyers or buyers last minute backing out of a deal or whatever reasons.

should sellers also give -ve feedback in iTrader?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
            2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Yes, even for buyers. Or in actual fact, any member of the forum. Why?

The iTrader serves as a platform for us to know one another. Good or bad, it is up to each to appreciate and decide. What I may say good about a member may be found bad to another, and vice versa. We always want to be nice, try to be nice and if that's going to help, then well and good. But often than not, this isn't the case.

And as a reminder to all who serves the Internet - take whatever you read online with a pinch of salt. Make a better/proper judgement yourself only when you have personally encounter/experience the matter/person.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                ...should sellers also give -ve feedback in iTrader?
                *imo* -ve feedback is not only good for community but also for the people involved too. you chalk up the experience on what you did wrong and improve.

not much point if all i read is "good" things about a seller, and everyone is too shy to speak out.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Bro uglybaba, never know got so many Biz laws, really thanks for sharing U working as lawyer? I also have to agree with u most of us will not put in negative remarks for fear of been sued or maybe more by the other party or parties. Also dono will win case or not because it might not worth the time and money or may not be familiar with biz laws. Say good things easy, u happy i happy end of story. Say bad things, u don agree i don agree, feelings are hurt, things gets complicated, lots of issues haha, Like what bro uglybaba said, scared of rebuke or arguement. That also bring us to a closer issue right in front of our eyes. Our own feedback section. Ever wonder why feedback ratings given to us or we give to others are mostly postive or all postive? It can only serves as a guide and might not be entirely true. How true it is, only Gods know haha Everybody got their own level of expectations and for those who said hey i got alot of good ratings, blah blah blah or come buy from me, see my ratings, i think only themselves will know how many deals went wrong and swept under the carpet
                  LOL.... bro, I wish I'm a lawyer.... can start work late, PR abit to clients during office hour, get paid and drive a nice bloody red sport car home. (will I agitate the Lawyers here? Joking only hor...:P)

My course of work requires me to know these laws, particularly when starting an entity, thus LL got to read up. But these acts come useful sometimes though, especially when some vendors trying to play punk, and you "hung" them with blah blah act, blah blah chapter and clause, the face they have is priceless...

In many parts of SG, it's always the case, knowledge is power. The party with more knowledge usually win.

Comment

Those really, really need the info can go here:

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/

but be warn, super dry topic....

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      this thread was started with feedback against sellers.

but how about buyers? im sure there are many sellers who encountered no show buyers or buyers last minute backing out of a deal or whatever reasons.

should sellers also give -ve feedback in iTrader?
                      I think sellers should also give -ve feedback to buyers for extreme cases as it can also serves as a feedback like what u say. Thinking back i i backed out on a sgroc 6694 dial with u with whatever reasons i have only i know. U r kind enough not to give me -ve feedback. Really sorry to u and never took the courage to apologise to u in the gathering that day

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Yes, even for buyers. Or in actual fact, any member of the forum. Why?

The iTrader serves as a platform for us to know one another. Good or bad, it is up to each to appreciate and decide. What I may say good about a member may be found bad to another, and vice versa. We always want to be nice, try to be nice and if that's going to help, then well and good. But often than not, this isn't the case.

And as a reminder to all who serves the Internet - take whatever you read online with a pinch of salt. Make a better/proper judgement yourself only when you have personally encounter/experience the matter/person.
                        Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        *imo* -ve feedback is not only good for community but also for the people involved too. you chalk up the experience on what you did wrong and improve.

not much point if all i read is "good" things about a seller, and everyone is too shy to speak out.
                        true, these statements i agree

Comment

Wow...It takes a brave man to say SORRY in public forum....Kuodos to you Bro Kenkelvin!
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

did not give you any negative feedback because sg-roc still managed to find other buyers. also as a seller, i have come across last min people backing out. so take it as a part and parcel.

no worries. take it easy.

I think sellers should also give -ve feedback to buyers for extreme cases as it can also serves as a feedback like what u say. Thinking back i i backed out on a sgroc 6694 dial with u with whatever reasons i have only i know. U r kind enough not to give me -ve feedback. Really sorry to u and never took the courage to apologise to u in the gathering that day

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                              Wow...It takes a brave man to say SORRY in public forum....Kuodos to you Bro Kenkelvin!
                              Er bro feilong, it did really happened, matter of fact.

Comment

Bro Kenkelvin - Brave Man

Towkay Triton - Gracious Man

Me - Small Fry...

Hehehehe...i know lar...really respect your courage to say sorry mah...cheers...
                                Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X