Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you speak up?

Hi,

I have, over many conversations with the many wonderful watch lovers here and out there, came across comments made about the various watch retailers, be it the ADs/PIs, pre-owned watch shops/companies, to private sellers, etc. Some good; some bad and others neutral (or scared to speak out?). Readily available in the forum, we have talked about and discussed on some more "famous" entities like the services of Cortina @ RC, prices of Peng Kwee watch dealers, services & prices of Koh Watches, etc-etc. There are +ves & -ves, of course.

Now, if you have a +ve encounter with say, one of the advertisers in the forum, will you give a good/+ve review about the company/individual? Similarly, if you have a lousy experience with the same, will you (dare to) talk about them openly? If yes, why? If not, why?

Pls share your thoughts if you want but do not use this thread to point at any individual/company. If you think you want to give a review about anyone, create a separate thread and do it on your own, and legally pls.

Tx
    The Crown Of Achievement

Yes and Yes (for the +ve and the -ve).

However I might hesitate to give a -ve feedback directly in this forum if the seller is a sponsor of SG-ROC. Not that I am scared, but would be wary of putting SG-ROC in an awkward position.

Oops, I am touching on another sensitive issue again...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Sorry, Mr pegasi but I don't really get you

Are you saying that you will refrain from giving feedback on a forum sponsor, compared to doing it on, say for example, Hour Glass?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        Sorry, Mr pegasi but I don't really get you

Are you saying that you will refrain from giving feedback on a forum sponsor, compared to doing it on, say for example Hour Glass?
        Correct. And yes, will refrain from...but will still speak up if I am really pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          Correct. And yes, will refrain from...but will still speak up if I am really pissed off.
          Ok tx. But I feel that it is only fair that as much as one likes to hear only the 'sweet' stuff, he/she/they must also be prepared to be criticized/commented for, for his products & services. What I am referring to is honest comments and positive criticisms.
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

BTW no need so formal leh...I prefer to be called bro over Mr.

Comment

i will comment if asked by close watch kakis....wun post online as each person might have different experiences with the same S.A or A.D or pre-owned shop or grey dealer....

For me...usually i get the 'u r not worth my time' type of attitude in ADs...other than Ion branch....
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

sg-roc appreciates your kind understanding. however, for the benefit of the other forum members and integrity of this forum. we would appreciate feedback may it be positive or negative.

a good business entity should accept positive and negative feedback

and yes sg-roc may be put in a difficult position. so feedback can be subtle. if you know how to phrase it
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

If this is the case, why are we seeing those that I have mentioned being "torn apart"? Like peng kwee and cortina (RC). Just see how many negative feedbacks have been generated over the years. As for Koh Watches, they seem real "goodie two shoes" - comments about them were mostly +ve. Watch Arena has been talked about also; got good & bad, I guess.

Doesn't anyone has encounter(s) with the other advertisers here? Are they "goodie two shoes" too?
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    sg-roc appreciates your kind understanding. however, for the benefit of the other forum members and integrity of this forum. we would appreciate feedback may it be positive or negative.

and yes sg-roc may be put in a difficult position. so feedback can be subtle. if you know how to phrase it
                    A well said phrase here, "a good business entity should accept positive and negative feedback".

I feel that one of the faster channels in the retail business is in cyberspace. It can prosper your business faster than you think, and it can also ruin your business, before you even know. Just look at the power of the Internet when it brought down a whole country - Egypt!
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Peng Kwee is okie if you have cash to burn...not all watch buyers are WIS or very into watches...so for a wealthy ah pek to pay 20k for a YG DD Single quickset...he happy..why...got beautifull sales gals to serve him and he get a kim kim rolex President home...To him Peng Kwee is good...

For me i go for prices,conditions,papers,boxes...Sales persons pretty or not,male or female does not matter to me...so to me Peng Kwee does not cater to my needs...as i have encountered before quite a few times...
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

Got you...

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          Peng Kwee is okie if you have cash to burn...not all watch buyers are WIS or very into watches...so for a wealthy ah pek to pay 20k for a YG DD Single quickset...he happy..why...got beautifull sales gals to serve him and he get a kim kim rolex President home...To him Peng Kwee is good...

For me i go for prices,conditions,papers,boxes...Sales persons pretty or not,male or female does not matter to me...so to me Peng Kwee does not cater to my needs...as i have encountered before quite a few times...
                          Peng Kwee, as the name already implies ( in hokkien ) quite expensive. so wat do u expect?

Comment

Guys, pls don't go into "shooting mode" here. That's what I don't want. P K as it is, is still a legitimate company and running a decent business of selling watches, etc. What I wish to discuss here is whether we are 'daring' or 'mature' enough to share on our experiences/encounters with the forum advertisers, with the forum.

For example, you come across an ad from a forum advertisement here, or even a private seller/PI. A watch is then posted for sale for $5,000. You happy-happy pay a visit to the shop intending to make a purchase and discover that the watch is actually selling for $6,000. After further enquiry you did not get a satisfactory answer and the watch is still selling at $6,000.

A. You just let the matter rest and forget about it.
                            B. You give feedback in the forum w/o naming the company/person.
                            C. You give feedback in the forum and named the company/person.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Guys, pls don't go into "shooting mode" here. That's what I don't want. P K as it is, is still a legitimate company and running a decent business of selling watches, etc. What I wish to discuss here is whether we are 'daring' or 'mature' enough to share on our experiences/encounters with the forum advertisers, with the forum.

For example, you come across an ad from a forum advertisement here, or even a private seller/PI. A watch is then posted for sale for $5,000. You happy-happy pay a visit to the shop intending to make a purchase and discover that the watch is actually selling for $6,000. After further enquiry you did not get a satisfactory answer and the watch is still selling at $6,000.

A. You just let the matter rest and forget about it.
                              B. You give feedback in the forum w/o naming the company/person.
                              C. You give feedback in the forum and named the company/person.
                              if stated 5k n negotiable, then i will expect price to be below 5k since negotiable..
                              if reached the place, wanna sell for 6k, i will walk away, n i will post not just on sg-roc, i will post on all available forums n ensure pple of wary of bad bizness practices..
                              Itchy for:
                              Pam 351

First Team Players:
                              Zenith Chronomaster power reserve
                              Bvlgari Octo
                              IWC 3777-01
                              Rollie 116610LN

SuperSubs:
                              Omega Speedmaster Olympic Edition
                              Blumo

Once was Itching for them:
                              Tag Heuer Aquaracer