Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One way to get free authentication at RSC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One way to get free authentication at RSC.

For info, RSC have increased their prices for verification and have a new and very thorough process of performing verification now and it requires a few hours just to authenticate your watch, no more on the spot verification.

I accompanied a friend to RSC to purchase a link for his ss sub and they told him it takes 2 to 3 hours just to buy the link! we thought we will just buy the extra link and go for lunch. BTW it is a 2nd hand ss sub he purhcased that didn't come with any extra links.

reason given by RSC for taking 2 to 3 hours to buy a link, they need check his sub and ensure watch + ss strap are all original before they sell the extra link because links are a "controlled item".

so instead of paying RSC for verification, my friend got free authentication of his 2nd hand sub and a extra ss link for $70+!
    My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
    1)GMT II 116718 18K
    2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

and yes you get the official RSC receipt with the model and serial number of your watch in it too, similar to what you get when you pay for verification only.

I have done so many verifications there and all they tell you is "watch is original" followed by the standard line "your watch is due for servicing, we recommend a overhaul at $1xxx ++"
    1) WG DIA 18239
    2) YG DIA 18238
    3) WG 18239
    4) YG 18238
    5) YG 18248G Bark
    6) WG DIA 18039
    7) WG 18039
    8) YG 18038
    9) Tridor DIA 18039B
    10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
    12) WG 1803
    13) YG 1803

1)GMT II 116718 18K

Others
    1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
    2)D15037 14k
    3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

So how much does one bracelet link for the 16610 costs?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

only $70+ if I remember correctly, cheaper the price of verification and you get the link!
        1) WG DIA 18239
        2) YG DIA 18238
        3) WG 18239
        4) YG 18238
        5) YG 18248G Bark
        6) WG DIA 18039
        7) WG 18039
        8) YG 18038
        9) Tridor DIA 18039B
        10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
        12) WG 1803
        13) YG 1803

1)GMT II 116718 18K

Others
        1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
        2)D15037 14k
        3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

Oh that's good. Tx
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Definitely I will do this when buying a Rolex second hand.

Comment

thanks for your info!
              will definitely do that way plus free links!!
              2014 March - Rolex Deepsea Seadweller V series MK 1 dial ref: 116660

Comment

buy the link; throw away still in front, much like the douche AD in oz that wanted to charge me $100 to do a bracelet adjustment
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                  and yes you get the official RSC receipt with the model and serial number of your watch in it too, similar to what you get when you pay for verification only.

I have done so many verifications there and all they tell you is "watch is original" followed by the standard line "your watch is due for servicing, we recommend a overhaul at $1xxx ++"

Wow, that's good bro. Thx for sharing this.

Hope no one from RSC sees this!...
                  Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                  • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                  • Montre de MarQue
                  • Etoile D'Or
                  • Hotel Indonesia
                  • Glory Time
                  • The Watch-Collector
                  • Time Palace
                  • The Swiss Connection
                  • M Baker
                  • Maurice Lacroix
                  • Time Marques
                  • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

suddenly many people starts buying links even if they have 6" wrists.

RSC better stock links in bulk. keke

thks for the info bro
                    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

And watch the forums be flooded with links for sale after verification.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                        And watch the forums be flooded with links for sale after verification.
                        They those that bought but don't need the links sell at discount from new price, say $50. Win win situation for those who wants to buy link, cos they can get it cheaper...and....the person who authenticates pays only Buying-selling price!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Just in case some do not know.

Nowadays, they take down serial number even for buying links or bracelet. That means once you buy a link, it will be recorded. If you want to buy again using same watch, they will require you to show a spoilt one for exchange.

Means if a watch has a bracelet with X number of links, it will go into the system. Next time if the watch comes to buy a bracelet, they wont sell you unless they take back the old bracelet as replacement. Same as what they used to do for glass or crown etc.

This is what I think they are doing. In time to come, links and bracelet very difficult to get from them. They are trying to tag all watches going into RSC into their database.

Last time I buy bracelet no need show anything. Then later, must show watch with no bracelet. Nowadays, they must authenticate and tag the watch then allow to order the bracelet after clearence. So, actually they made this free authentication possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                            For info, RSC have increased their prices for verification and have a new and very thorough process of performing verification now and it requires a few hours just to authenticate your watch, no more on the spot verification.

I accompanied a friend to RSC to purchase a link for his ss sub and they told him it takes 2 to 3 hours just to buy the link! we thought we will just buy the extra link and go for lunch. BTW it is a 2nd hand ss sub he purhcased that didn't come with any extra links.

reason given by RSC for taking 2 to 3 hours to buy a link, they need check his sub and ensure watch + ss strap are all original before they sell the extra link because links are a "controlled item".

so instead of paying RSC for verification, my friend got free authentication of his 2nd hand sub and a extra ss link for $70+!
                            so u mean u can send in a BNIB watch and ask to purchase a link? will they allow?
                            btw, how much is a GMT2C TT link

Comment

bro KuchingKu is correct.
                              This is also my understanding based on my many conversations with the rsc counter staff.

but my friend lost the spare link so cannot show anything.

if your watch is 18K or two tone (half steel/half gold) the links are expensive -few hundred $ per piece so buy that only if you really need them.

other cheaper parts you can buy if you dont need free links is the pin that hold the links (cost $45 for my white gold DD). I lost the pin for one of my extra link for my white gold day date so I went rsc
                              same process:-
                              (1) the technicians downstairs will open up my watch and bracelet to check all original, sign off on their internal card then pass the watch and card to the counter staff

(2)counter staff will send the card and watch upstairs (dont' know which floor?) where all the spare parts are stored.
                              the spare parts guys will need to see the clearance card from (1) before they change the pin or links.
                              1) WG DIA 18239
                              2) YG DIA 18238
                              3) WG 18239
                              4) YG 18238
                              5) YG 18248G Bark
                              6) WG DIA 18039
                              7) WG 18039
                              8) YG 18038
                              9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                              10) YG DIA 18078 Bark