Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forumers of SG-ROC not matured in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops! I think my astro boy avatar is too childish. Better change to one with mature content...
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

My mind is still not working properly. Must be the heavy workload ..

I have, however, came across something meaningful (at least to me) recently where I quote what someone has shared with me ..

" Resolve to be tender to the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometimes in life you will have been all of these .. "

.. and I hope to share this with the many mature and "maturing" individuals here
      Last edited by Oceanklassik; 08-02-11, 10:04 PM.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        My mind is still not working properly. Must be the heavy workload ..

I have, however, came across something meaningful (at least to me) recently where I quote what someone has shared with me ..

" Resolve to be tender to the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and the wrong. Sometimes in life you will have been all of these .. "

.. and I hope to share this with the many mature and "maturing" individuals here
        Thanks for sharing this meaningful quote, my friend. I appreciate

Comment

I have been on many other forums, gaming, hardware etc. I would say that the people on SG ROC are very helpful and friendly.
          I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

Bring this up for discussion/reflection again, a year after this thread was started.

Have things changed?

Comment

For better or for worse?

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                For better or for worse?

Open to discussion

Comment

Self reflection is one sign of maturity (or at least reaching maturity), though

Comment

If you are talking about maturity in terms of content, I think we learned new things everyday, in that sense we are more knowledgable this year than the last.
                    Depends on which level you are at; an elitist who own a Ferrari, when overheard a guy boast about how fast his vtec can go, he will think; grow up kid.
                    Every forums have it's own culture, vibes and variations of members, for the better or worst, I'm still here because of the fun and laughs, that's most impt to me, this is not an army camp!

Comment

I see two aspects of it as mentioned in my earlier posts in this thread.

1. watch appreciation
                      2. behaviour

For watch appreciation, we all understand everyone goes through the learning process, hence the seasoned collectors or watch lovers tend to appreciate watch "better" than the newbies, so not much to debate about on this I guess?

And I see no conflict between having fun and being a mature person. One can be fun and mature, or boring and act/talk childishly.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexlow View Post
                        If you are talking about maturity in terms of content, I think we learned new things everyday, in that sense we are more knowledgable this year than the last.
                        Depends on which level you are at; an elitist who own a Ferrari, when overheard a guy boast about how fast his vtec can go, he will think; grow up kid.
                        Every forums have it's own culture, vibes and variations of members, for the better or worst, I'm still here because of the fun and laughs, that's most impt to me, this is not an army camp!
                        Well worded. Agree!
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

well said Alex, hiya too bad this is not like fb can click LIKE hahaaa...

Comment

must have missed this thread last year...

reading through the various feedback and opinions contributed by all members here, I will say this..

This thread has already busted the 'myth' that forumers of sg-roc are not matured in general.

[I][COLOR="navy"]"You don't realize how strong a person really is until you see them at their weakest moment." - Unknown[/COLOR][/I]

Comment

another mythbusters fan? .
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Even the greatest speeches have their critics. It's just that everyone looks at things from a different perspective.

The bottom line: Make sure that you enjoy yourself on the forum!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X