Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forumers of SG-ROC not matured in general?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by triton View Post
    what type of content is deemed mature? if SG-ROC is like any other forum where 'mature' content is always discussed, then it is no different from other forum. if you can google and find answers why discuss again?
    Bro triton! you also frequent that 'mature' forum ah?

oops
    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Might I add that maturity isn't necessarily confined to buyer/seller behavior, but may also extend to other aspects e.g. general levels of appreciation for 'alternative' or narrower segments of the market, such as military or vintage pieces. In no way is this an accusation, but rather a general observation of our local watch community (as opposed to sg-roc specifically).

Comment

Originally posted by wongcheok View Post
        Might I add that maturity isn't necessarily confined to buyer/seller behavior, but may also extend to other aspects e.g. general levels of appreciation for 'alternative' or narrower segments of the market, such as military or vintage pieces. In no way is this an accusation, but rather a general observation of our local watch community (as opposed to sg-roc specifically).
        sorry, sidetrack a bit. But I tht the above is more of a matter of preference? As in some prefer vintage, some prefer modern models, etc?

Unless you are refering to maturity of vintage mkts vs modern mkts. than its a different matter as that is not talking about individuals but rather, the community as a whole in a economical sense. E.g. developing countries vs developed countries kinda arguement.

anyway, just my thts.
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

there are many forum worldwide discussing various brands and other information.

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
          Bro triton! you also frequent that 'mature' forum ah?

oops
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

It's still Chinese New Year, let's not dampen the spirit. Everyone has got their own views, that's why we see many forums of similar nature blooming all over. As long as the feedback is not about members being outcast and the community is attracting more members joining, right?

Most of us are here to enjoy nice photos, admire others' collections, get a good deal and share info..... well at least for me

No community in this world can accommodates/ pleases everyone. Com'mon, enjoy the good time on our wrist, that's more important.

ARHH!!

Comment

as i mentioned before. maturity level varies depending on how others perceive you due to various factors.

what i did during my teenage years when i look back now, i feel that i was immature. however back then, i felt that i was mature.

bottom line is you cant please everyone. so long as it pleases oneself, it is most important.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
                sometimes...after work... I like to behave in a "immature" manner , especially among family and friends

de-stress so must loosen up and talk co*k
                Exactly! Watch forums to me are to release stress and be entertained among fellow watch enthusiasts! Who wants to be among "mature" people when you want to have fun? Lol!

Comment

as i mentioned before. maturity level varies depending on how others perceive you due to various factors.

what i did during my teenage years when i look back now, i feel that i was immature. however back then, i felt that i was mature.

bottom line is you cant please everyone. so long as it pleases oneself, it is most important.
                  Now where's the LIKE button? I wanted to express the same sentiments.

Comment

Originally posted by Cartman View Post
                    Under what perspectives?

Only has experiences on 2 forums (Sgroc n s*x)

In general:
                    S*x - More professional/mature. Inspect watch, pay, leave. (unfriendly, rigid?)
                    Sgroc - friendly n more fun (less mature?) Talk co*k while checking watch then finish checking still don't want pass money, still continue talking then money n watch exchanged, still talking... (haha, not that the talking has ever stopped)

I believe it's the environment. More laid back here where I prefer to sell my items here and meet some new friends and for a lot of informative and entertaining reads
                    I always talk talk talk until forget to pay =X

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

ok you are still immature now when u look back 10 yrs later!! always make us come back many times to look at your mysterious post!
                      hahahah....

Comment

My POV

I think compared to some other local hobby forums, the folks here are generally matured and even though there are lost sheep and trouble-makers occasionally, most fall back in line with the 'culture' of the forum soon enuf. I think having very clear forum rules helps and having super active moderators who make the effort to enforce the rules. Another local hobby forum which I used to frequent.. Ech..ft..unfortunately did not make it. The forum became so messy when people started accusing each other and moderator did not step in. All sort of bad behaviors soon creep in and before long, even the buy/sell forum was full of so much junk and dodgy sellers and buyers. Lesson here is, it's not easy to keep a good forum going and I must say that the current moderators here does a good job and so, kudos! Although I must also add that for some threads, there is a little too much TCSS on unrelated topic but again, that can be too hard to strike a balance between keeping the forum fun and informal but serious enough to attract the serious watch lovers/collectors here. Just my $0.027...

Comment

Sorry ar..me have not reach the age of wanting to be mature...hehehe...just kidding....i mean watch forums are supposed to be fun to be in and a great place to learn about watches....no need to be so formal and have to be mature or immature...
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I agree with feilong that SG-ROC is a casual place where we can all learn to appreciate different brands of watches whether mainstream or not! I also face certain 'issues' with some of the members but overall its a learning experience too.

Each of us have strength and weaknesses. For those seniors here, they give solid advice on watch info and details some of us may not know. They have years of experience behind them collecting fine timepieces and have done searches in the net. So with that, they contribute knowledge to all of us.

As mentioned to some of the members I've met here, I've not reached a level to own any popular brands yet but I throroughly enjoy making products to help them protect, maintain and collect more watches. That I feel is my contribution. I've learnt actually what problems members here face and try to come up with a product that will serve their needs.

In all, maturity levels is still subjective lah!

chill out folks!
                            ten10
                            Visit the DIY Section of Singapore Rolex Club for interesting articles.

Privileged manufacturer for:
                            • Panerai Boutiques - Asia-Pacific
                            • Montre de MarQue
                            • Etoile D'Or
                            • Hotel Indonesia
                            • Glory Time
                            • The Watch-Collector
                            • Time Palace
                            • The Swiss Connection
                            • M Baker
                            • Maurice Lacroix
                            • Time Marques
                            • Timeless Watch Boutique

To Achieve Perfect Aim, just shoot and call anything you hit as TARGET!

Comment

Hehehehe....i m learning from the kind bros here daily too......and chip in as much as i know....for me i m the happy go lucky type....and i m always the informal type...hehehe...typical Local guy with abit of Hokkien flavour!
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

the oneself is the most important, i fully agrees i think ppl is like that. if they like u, they say u mature lah, steady. if they don like u, they can knn find fault with u with the slightest reasons

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X